Author Topic: Last.fm  (Read 4747 times)

nkotb

Re: Last.fm
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 11:58:00 am »
I would assume you'd use the iTunes download and then play your iPod through iTunes...but that's just a guess.

Originally posted by brennser:
  how?

Originally posted by megs:
  it works for ipods. that's how i use it.
[/b]

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2005, 11:59:00 am »
Just so everyone knows, I'll only be listening to rare 60s stuff in order really fowl up the groups chart    :p
T.Rex

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2005, 12:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  Just so everyone knows, I'll only be listening to rare 60s stuff in order really fowl up the groups chart      :p  
First rule of 9:30.com last.fm group: no one lets Rhett into 9:30.com last.fm group.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2005, 12:08:00 pm »
oh rhett and his mainstream alt.country tunage is welcome... wait until i get the girl group boxset and listen it on repeat for a week.

does last.fm pickup the tags on streaming mp3 stations?
T.Rex

nkotb

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2005, 12:15:00 pm »

megs

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2005, 12:48:00 pm »
i can't quite remember how it works...but rest assured, if i can figure it out i'm sure anyone can. last.fm give pretty good directions about how to use their plugin.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2005, 03:59:00 pm »
okay; i have no idea HOW TO INVITE YOU GUYS, but i think this should work if you join...

"GROUP"

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2005, 04:05:00 pm »
  Just so everyone knows, I'll only be listening to rare 60s stuff in order really fowl up the groups chart      :p  
Don't worry. I'll be the other oddball with all of my Shoegaze.

However, as mentioned above, it hasn't been logging most of my music lately so who knows how it will all factor in. It's only been taking about 1 song per week which is more like 2 or 3 weeks.

I read somewhere several months ago that their servers weren't reflecting everything or storing it or something. Had something to do with them upgrading their servers. One day they may all show up but I wouldn't hold my breath. Bottom line, if this happens to you, it's not your machine. It's their servers.

you be betty

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2005, 04:06:00 pm »
yeah; they do that a lot.  sometimes i'll be listening to a cd and one or two of the songs won't register...

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2005, 04:12:00 pm »
  does last.fm pickup the tags on streaming mp3 stations?
No but it will (or is supposed to) track any properly tagged file be they MP3s, etc, on your machine or from CDs.

Personally, I've found that it often misses machine held MP3s and burned CDs regardless of how well they are tagged. Then again, I've seen it completely miss big label professional CDs and reflect personal MP3s or other computer files. A lot has to do with whatever is going on at their end.

The last song it tracked of mine is a WMA file sent to me by a friend in a band but none of the CDs that I've played have logged a thing. Prior to that, it logged 1 My Bloody Valentine song from a CD yet I played the entire CD. It's kind of like a lottery system lately.

It did once log some CD cleaning tracks once. LOL. I just went into the profile editor and removed them.

serpent boy

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2005, 07:58:00 pm »
http://www.last.fm/user/tgeary

Pearl Jam is about 60% of the music I listen to haha.

mr. pretentious

• This Boy Is Exhausted
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2005, 08:05:00 pm »

you be betty

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2005, 12:02:00 pm »
OKAY; so we need 15 members to start our charts.  aka, more people join!

i'm also trying to figure out how to enable people to write journals and stuff like that...it doesn't seem to be working yet (maybe it won't as well if we don't have at least 15 people)

Chip Chanko

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2005, 12:26:00 pm »
my girlfriend's been doing that.

wait until i get the girl group boxset and listen it on repeat for a week.

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2005, 12:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by komsol vinyl:
  I'm a bit slow

Thoughts?
Wow komsol, having a playlist of everyone's ipod mp3 selections mixed together would make for a great online radio station!  I'm sure that someone would listen.  There's probably a prison or a dentist's waiting room where you could pipe that stream into.