Author Topic: Will we buy in to "Love Monkey"?  (Read 7222 times)

PigIron

Re: Will we buy in to "Love Monkey"?
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2006, 11:50:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
  If 99.9% of tv is embarassingly bad, how did you manage to sit there and watch it for three straight hours?

Originally posted by PigIron:
  Stop it.  You boys just stop it now, immediately.  I've always respected the opinions shown on this board.  But Jesus-rollerskating-Christ, I DO NOT want to see (what seems to be) educated, respectable  music fans analyzing a cheesy-ass network sitcom called "Love Monkey".  Its retarded.  Its not like I'm some anti-social freak who refuses to watch TV out of respect for some hip moral code.  But "Love Monkey" is exactly the reason why 99.9% of television is so embarrassingly bad.  And to be honest, I haven't even seen it.  But the ads that I saw for this show (and I saw loads last weekend during a three hour span) were so mindblowingly grueling to get through that I can come to the conclusion that  I'd rather shove the remote control up my ass than sit through thirty seconds of it.
[/b]
The football playoffs were on, champ.

Bags

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2006, 02:24:00 pm »
This has been a fabulous thread to read on a Saturday.  Thanks, guys!   ;)

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2006, 06:25:00 pm »
  But "Love Monkey" is exactly the reason why 99.9% of television is so embarrassingly bad.  
Yes, there's crap on TV. But I disagree that it's 99.9%. There are quite a few excellent shows on TV right now.

PigIron

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2006, 11:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:

But "Love Monkey" is exactly the reason why 99.9% of television is so embarrassingly bad.  
Yes, there's crap on TV. But I disagree that it's 99.9%. There are quite a few excellent shows on TV right now. [/b]
There are a million channels and you may have a point.  Its a matter of opinion I suppose.  I'm sure there are shows out there that can be called quality programming.  Maybe I'm just getting old and bitter and cynical, I don't know.  But the shows that have gotten the publicity - they just look like crap to me.  I don't see any good premises out there.  Just alot of ridiculous reality stuff and rehashed sitcom ideas.

vansmack

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2006, 02:00:00 pm »
I don't know what you're talking about...
27>34

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2006, 02:02:00 pm »

Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:

Yes, there's crap on TV. But I disagree that it's 99.9%. There are quite a few excellent shows on TV right now. [/b]
There are a million channels and you may have a point.  Its a matter of opinion I suppose.  I'm sure there are shows out there that can be called quality programming.  Maybe I'm just getting old and bitter and cynical, I don't know.  But the shows that have gotten the publicity - they just look like crap to me.  I don't see any good premises out there.  Just alot of ridiculous reality stuff and rehashed sitcom ideas. [/b]
you must have never watched veronica mars! now there's quality programming   :D
HeyLa

vansmack

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2006, 02:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  you must have never watched veronica mars! now there's quality programming    :D  
January 24, 2006

UPN and WB to Combine to Form New Network
 By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK (AP) -- Two small, struggling television networks, UPN and WB, will merge to form a new network called The CW, executives from them companies that own them said Tuesday.

The announcement was made by executives from CBS Corp., which owns UPN, and Warner Bros., a unit of Time Warner Inc., which owns WB.

Both UPN and WB had struggled to compete against larger rivals in the broadcast TV business, including Walt Disney Co.'s ABC, News Corp.'s Fox and CBS Corp.'s CBS.

The new network will launch in the fall, the executives said, and both UPN and WB will shut down. It will be a 50-50 partnership between Warner Bros. and CBS, and the network will be carried on stations owned by the Tribune Co., which is a minority owner of the WB network.

Leslie Moonves, chief executive of CBS Corp., said the new network will air 30 hours of programming seven days a week aimed in part at young audiences.

Barry Meyer, the head of Warner Bros., said the network would be run by the current executives of UPN and WB.
27>34

Bags

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2006, 02:54:00 pm »
Thank goodness these two little networks will be able to combine and have a chance...  I was so worried about CBS and Time Warner!

Joking aside, the only show I watched on UPN was "Veronica Mars," which will now share a network with "Gilmore Girls" -- woo hoo.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2006, 03:05:00 pm »
I wonder how it will work from a technical standpoint in terms of time slots?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2006, 03:19:00 pm »
holy shit is this a bad show!
(o|o)

JohnnyBaconbitz

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2006, 05:03:00 pm »
I saw the second episode, and it was a truly painful experience...possibly the worst show I have ever seen.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2006, 05:28:00 pm »
I only caught about 5 mins a couple weeks back and quickly changed the channel. Highly disappointing.

ChampionshipVinyl

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2006, 07:07:00 pm »
I read today that CBS has canceled Love Monkey.

vansmack

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2006, 08:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by ChampionshipVinyl:
Ditto.
27>34

pj

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2006, 11:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by ChampionshipVinyl:
Q: Will we buy into "Love Monkey"?

A: No.