Author Topic: Broken Social Scene Roll Call!  (Read 4152 times)

dtqjr

Re: Broken Social Scene Roll Call!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 08:31:00 am »
The obligatory setlist have anyone?  At the conclusion of the set it felt to me it was over so I bolted - did I miss an encore?

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 09:05:00 am »
This show was the best show I have seen, ever. Fucking brill. I thought the Arcade Fire was the best show, but then I saw Clap Your Hands. Then that one was best. But now I saw this one, and it was bester. Fucking awesome. Does anyone have the setlist? Personally, I can't tell their songs apart from another, so I need the fucking setlist.

SalParadise

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2005, 09:07:00 am »
Originally posted by Earl Blanton Jr., Late Model Champ:
  This show was the best show I have seen, ever. Fucking brill. I thought the Arcade Fire was the best show, but then I saw Clap Your Hands. Then that one was best. But now I saw this one, and it was bester. Fucking awesome. Does anyone have the setlist? Personally, I can't tell their songs apart from another, so I need the fucking setlist.
*pushes you down a long flight of stairs*

SalParadise

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2005, 09:09:00 am »
Originally posted by Efram:
  The obligatory setlist have anyone?  At the conclusion of the set it felt to me it was over so I bolted - did I miss an encore?
yeah, you missed quite an encore.

bandwitch
 i'm still your fag
 it's all gonna break (maybe my favorite of the night)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2005, 09:09:00 am »
  This show was the best show I have seen, ever. Fucking brill. I thought the Arcade Fire was the best show, but then I saw Clap Your Hands. Then that one was best. But now I saw this one, and it was bester. Fucking awesome. Does anyone have the setlist? Personally, I can't tell their songs apart from another, so I need the fucking setlist. [/QUOTE
 Nice one   :D

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2005, 09:19:00 am »
I was expecting you to wait until this thread had fallen off the front page sufficiently then say the reviews were generally negative like last time. What a tool.

amnesiac

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2005, 10:11:00 am »
Originally posted by SalParadise:
  it's all gonna break (maybe my favorite of the night)
SO glad they played that. Too bad they didn't do the horns for it, but it was still awesome.

Stars didn't show up as I had hoped. Oh well. Lisa Lobsinger sounded great on "Anthems".

And Feist was also really good. I like how she rocked out the Ron Sexsmith cover, "Secret Heart".

words

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2005, 11:00:00 am »
that show was amazing...goes down as one of my favorites of the year. songs off the new album sounded better live than they do on the album.

amnesiac

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2005, 11:02:00 am »
Originally posted by Efram:
  The obligatory setlist have anyone?
Just look at the tracklistings from the new album and YFIIP. Aside from some instrumental tracks, they pretty much played everything. Off the top of my head, only "Looks Just Like the Sun", and "Windsurfing Nation" were missing. I don't have  Feel Good Lost, so I'm not sure what they played from that.

Oh, and btw,  Roy Rogers is making a comeback!

lionforce5

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2005, 12:45:00 pm »
I'd heard that in Boston J. Mascis got on stage with them and did a duelling guitar solo during "Almost Crimes."

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2005, 12:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by j_lee:
  I'd heard that in Boston J. Mascis got on stage with them and did a duelling guitar solo during "Almost Crimes."
Seriously? I've heard nothing of this.

That's neat if true; Almost Crimes sounds like a Dino Jr. song.

amnesiac

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2005, 01:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by [username edited by p.c. moderator]:

That's neat if true; Almost Crimes sounds like a Dino Jr. song. [/b]
They did mention something about Mascis last night. Can't remember exactly what they said.

And is it just me, or did that show not feel like it was sold out? There seemed to be more breathing room compared to other sold out shows.

xcanuck

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2005, 01:25:00 pm »
I was at the Boston show and would have remembered that. Possibly the Northampton show?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2005, 01:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by [username edited by p.c. moderator]:

That's neat if true; Almost Crimes sounds like a Dino Jr. song. [/b]
my girlfriend claims i only like bss cause they sound like dinosaur jr
o/\o

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2005, 01:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by xcanuck:
  I was at the Boston show and would have remembered that. Possibly the Northampton show?
Northampton would make more sense. Freakscene.net has no news of this whatsoever.