Author Topic: (rock 'n') roll call for Thur and Friday nights?  (Read 10917 times)

jkeisenh

Re: (rock 'n') roll call for Thur and Friday nights?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2005, 10:02:00 am »
Originally posted by Confssions of an Englsh Opium Eater:
   :)    yeah, from about an hour ago.  It's from my building's rooftop looking toward the Capitol.  I posted a couple more here...

http://www.alex.to/cityscapes
You live at 17th & P?  Nice.  Really nice.

interesting story... my friend lived in the group house at 1702 17th St.  It was right there on the corner, across from CVS.  The house is gorgeous, and the rent was like $400 for each of 4 roommates.  Then, one day, a guy shows up at the door saying the house is for sale.  He offers each roommate $5000 to shut up, sign away their right of first refusal, and move out.  The housemates obviously didn't have a down payment for a $2M house, so they took the money.  Quite the windfall, but now it's condos... so sad.

boweswana

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2005, 10:29:00 am »
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:

Originally posted by Confssions of an Englsh Opium Eater:
  I've been meaning to see the Pharmacy Prophets for a while... they are heirs to long-lost DC band the Crippled Pilgrims.
hmmm....now I'm intruiged. [/b]
I'll be there, (of course I have to be there but...).  It's going to be fun. Kung Fury with Chaz on guest vocals will be stellar.  

Suki/Sayonoro, look forward to chit chatting with you again.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2005, 10:57:00 am »
wish i could be there, but I'm off to LA to see The Sugarplatic, a band I haven't seen for Nine years  :eek:
T.Rex

Bartelby

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2005, 11:30:00 am »
Perhaps there will even be a "Mr. White" sighting...a whirling, rockin', dancin' dood if ever there was one.  Unfortunately, the VL dance floor is a little small.    :roll:

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2005, 11:49:00 am »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
  interesting story... my friend lived in the group house at 1702 17th St.  It was right there on the corner, across from CVS.  The house is gorgeous, and the rent was like $400 for each of 4 roommates.  Then, one day, a guy shows up at the door saying the house is for sale.  He offers each roommate $5000 to shut up, sign away their right of first refusal, and move out.  The housemates obviously didn't have a down payment for a $2M house, so they took the money.  Quite the windfall, but now it's condos... so sad.
Heh... that house your friend lived in used to have awesome parties.   :p    I would always go to them, although I never met the actual residents....
_\|/_

boweswana

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2005, 10:46:00 am »
Sayonoro, I saw White's soulmate at the Galaxy Hut the other night.  Painful.  His name was Lord of the Yum Yum.  I wanted to light him on fire.

Bags

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2005, 06:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
   one day, a guy shows up at the door saying the house is for sale.  He offers each roommate $5000 to shut up, sign away their right of first refusal, and move out.  The housemates obviously didn't have a down payment for a $2M house, so they took the money.  Quite the windfall, but now it's condos... so sad.
Their right of first refusal to what?  Buy it?  I'd say getting $5K, considering they couldn't buy it anyway, was quite a sweet deal.

I looked at those places -- tiny (I'd say less than 700 sq ft), and at prices ranging from $400K - $500K (though they're all the same size -- one floor), no parking.  Great location, though.

Bartelby

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2005, 07:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by the Pharmacist:
  Sayonoro, I saw White's soulmate at the Galaxy Hut the other night.  Painful.  His name was Lord of the Yum Yum.  I wanted to light him on fire.
We'll have a "white-yum-yum" watch out for Fri. night.  They both probably went to the Elaine Bennis school of dance.  Estimates for times on Friday night?

• my blog
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2005, 12:17:00 am »
so back to the subject at hand, I hope to see some of you peeps on Thur and/or Fri  :)
_\|/_

Bartelby

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2005, 07:51:00 am »
I'm there:  BC and VL...  :)

Bartelby

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2005, 07:53:00 am »
I'm there:  BC and VL...  :)   (on Fri... )

boweswana

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2005, 10:19:00 am »
Nice.  If you can get there for Kung Fury playing first.  Rumor has it that Chaz will be singing some songs with them.  I love that band a lot.

Kung Fury - 9:45-10:45
 Prophets - 11:00 -12:00
 Sovus Radio - 12:15 - 1:15

boweswana

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2005, 05:16:00 pm »
Speaking of which, where is Chaz?

• my blog
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2005, 09:07:00 pm »
Pharmacist, glad to know you're starting relatively late, my insane two-club-in-one-night plan may actually work out and let me see all the bands I want to see!   :)

So nobody's going to Phaser/Caligari tonight?   :(
_\|/_

Bartelby

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2005, 12:13:00 am »
Originally posted by the Pharmacist:
  Speaking of which, where is Chaz?
If he doesn't show, I'll sing.  That's a BIG reason for Chaz to post...See you there!