Author Topic: Black Cat Shows  (Read 17652 times)

duby76

Re: Black Cat Shows
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2003, 10:02:00 pm »
i'll be at the trail of the dead show...<P>not sure if i live the yeah yeah yeahs yet.<P>and ive heard the same as someone else mentioned about qnotu live.<P>

paige

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2003, 10:34:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> no, there is an entire thread about it</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>and an entire board member (read: markie)

Captain Jack

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2003, 12:02:00 am »
don't forget Strike Anywhere with Majority Rule on Sat. March 29, good bands, good scene

paige

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2003, 12:07:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain Jack:<BR><B>don't forget Strike Anywhere with Majority Rule on Sat. March 29, good bands, good scene</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>yeah... seriously. and even sooner.. darkest hour and majority rule next weekend! you see there, cap'n

walkman

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2003, 05:55:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain Jack:<BR><B>don't forget Strike Anywhere with Majority Rule on Sat. March 29, good bands, good scene</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>I'll be there.  By the way, any word if City of Caterpillar are playing DC in the near future?

walkman

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2003, 05:57:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paige:<BR><B>yay! i will most likely be at all of those... well maybe not Q and not U.. i haven't had the best experiences seeing them live..</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Really?  I've been mightily rocked almost every time...especially at the show last year where they opened for Interpol and Clinic.  Was anyone else there?

jadetree

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2003, 05:59:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by walkman:<BR><B> <BR>Really?  I've been mightily rocked almost every time...especially at the show last year where they opened for Interpol and Clinic.  Was anyone else there?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>was there, had not listened to Q an Not U much then, but liked what I heard

walkman

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2003, 06:15:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> was there, had not listened to Q an Not U much then, but liked what I heard</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The problem stems from folks being intoduced to local bands at Fort Reno...it's a nice scene, but the shows tend to be a bit lacking (with the obvious exception of Fugazi).  For example, I first saw Black Eyes there last spring, and thought they were just kinda OK, but after three more experiences, I'm in love.<BR>

jadetree

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2003, 06:16:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by walkman:<BR><B> The problem stems from folks being intoduced to local bands at Fort Reno...it's a nice scene, but the shows tend to be a bit lacking (with the obvious exception of Fugazi).  For example, I first saw Black Eyes there last spring, and thought they were just kinda OK, but after three more experiences, I'm in love.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I saw Black Eyes once, and I am not even in like.

walkman

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2003, 06:37:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> I saw Black Eyes once, and I am not even in like.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I wouldn't let you be in like.  They're mine.

Sir HC

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2003, 06:55:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by walkman:<BR><B> The problem stems from folks being intoduced to local bands at Fort Reno...it's a nice scene, but the shows tend to be a bit lacking (with the obvious exception of Fugazi).</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The shows are "lacking" because they will put on bands that otherwise would be viewed as not ready for a show.  They have no problem putting on bands that have mom and dad drive them to the gig, have never used a PA before, and are totally naive.  Sometimes they pull it off, sometimes it sucks big time.  But over the years, there have been some killer Fort Reno shows.

ggw

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2003, 08:06:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sir HC:<BR><B> The shows are "lacking" because they will put on bands that otherwise would be viewed as not ready for a show.  They have no problem putting on bands that have mom and dad drive them to the gig, have never used a PA before, and are totally naive.  Sometimes they pull it off, sometimes it sucks big time.  But over the years, there have been some killer Fort Reno shows.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Not to mention that it's just nice to chill outside on a summer night and watch some live music.<BR>

Captain Jack

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2003, 11:20:00 am »
Fort Reno is fun, it's a good place to chill in the summer, good sunsets. Many a good summer evenings have started out at Fort Reno. The acoustics do suck and Ian McKaye might be pretentious and PETA may try to boycott the ice cream truck. All in all it's a good establishment, glad to live near it, see it every day. I was wearing a Ft. Reno shirt the first time I kissed a girl. alright. sure beats black cat and their drawn on sideburns and thick rimmed glasses, slow service for vegan food.

Captain Jack

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2003, 11:24:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by walkman:<BR><B> <BR>I'll be there.  By the way, any word if City of Caterpillar are playing DC in the near future?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I dunno, they've played a couple shows here in the last  months, but with Pat (drums) recording/doing shows with Majority Rule, no City of Cat... for a couple months. I think they're going to play at the final Pageninetynine shows May 23 & 24. Big shows they will be; pg99, darkest hour, city of caterpillar, pig destroyer, crestfallen, strike anywhere. A deserving farewell to Sterling's finest.<BR>

paige

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2003, 12:13:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain Jack:<BR><B>
Originally posted by walkman:<BR> <BR>I'll be there.  By the way, any word if City of Caterpillar are playing DC in the near future?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I dunno, they've played a couple shows here in the last  months, but with Pat (drums) recording/doing shows with Majority Rule, no City of Cat... for a couple months. I think they're going to play at the final Pageninetynine shows May 23 & 24. Big shows they will be; pg99, darkest hour, city of caterpillar, pig destroyer, crestfallen, strike anywhere. A deserving farewell to Sterling's finest.
<BR>it was a sad sad day when i found out that pg99 was breaking up. where are the shows going to be?<P><BR>and about the Ft. Reno deal - that is when i first saw Q and not U, and although i knew that they were good, i just wasn't impressed. And walkman, step in line for Black Eyes! I Fell in love with them last summer (ironically at ft reno) <P>