Author Topic: what do you think about Culture club?  (Read 5508 times)

markie

Re: what do you think about Culture club?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2003, 06:59:00 pm »
Sorry Bungle, but I will be at the libertines gig that night  :p  

Do you want to go for dinner with us beforehand? I dunno about Cds, what have you got? Is there anything you want?

Yank

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2003, 02:16:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Originally posted by mankie:
 Be honest...whenever you hear it you can't help yourself from singing, "bum, bum...do you really want to hurt me, do you really want to make me cry" OR "I'll tumble for ya,I'll tumble for ya, I'll tumble for yoooooou"
Let me get this straight (no pun intended),

You sing along to Culture Club...

You use moisturizer...

You giggle uncontrollably when you see someone that looks like Morrissey...

Are you sure you're not gay? [/b]
No, Mankie's a Man U supporter.  Well, I guess that's the same thing!  Boy George puts the MAN in MANchester UNITED.

bungle bud

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2003, 10:07:00 am »
markie i will have to say no to dinner, but i will be at the libertines gig cos they are playing later on, so i should be able to see british sea power and the libertines  :)  cds i have erm loads of great female artists, heather nova,leona naess,chantal kreviazuk, ride box set, loads of jesus and mary chain,house of love,depeche mode live at crystal palace,grant lee buffalo fuzzy tour and all their other stuff,loads of cd singles including leicesters best.....perfume.

bungle bud

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2003, 10:29:00 am »
i take it you will be bringing a nme award and 200 quid with you.

ggw

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2003, 10:33:00 am »
Anyone think the Libertines gig will sell out?

tiia

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2003, 11:13:00 am »
Originally posted by ggw™:
I'd be surprised if it were and disappointed if it weren't. They're down one, which might or might not make them better.    :cool:

markie

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2003, 11:42:00 am »
I thought it might sell out. It really should.

I will be bringing the nme award and 200 quid. I would have brought a VCR a laptop and a vintage guitar, but some bastard beat me to it..........

What house of love do you have Bungle. I only have the best of.

Did you listen to the tyde? What can I bring for you?

Yank

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2003, 12:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by tiia:

I'd be surprised if it were and disappointed if it weren't. They're down one, which might or might not make them better.     :cool:  [/b]
I saw them a little over a month ago without Pete, opening for The Coral, and they were brilliant.

markie

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2003, 12:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by Yank:

[qb]   opening for The Coral, and they were brilliant. [/b]
I just got the coral CD, its not as good as the last one. How was it/were they live?

As for the libertines did they have much new material or did they stick to up the bracket? I like the new single/video thats streaming from NME.

tiia

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2003, 12:08:00 pm »

I'd be surprised if it were and disappointed if it weren't. They're down one, which might or might not make them better.      :cool:   [/b]
I saw them a little over a month ago without Pete, opening for The Coral, and they were brilliant. [/b]
Yeah, I've heard that,but Ive never heard them live so I don't know that I'd be able to make a comparison with how good or not they are with(out) Pete.  I know Pete is out of the US tour, but someone was telling me that he's off the band for good.  This true?

markie

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2003, 12:09:00 pm »
http://www.nme.com/news/105840.htm

for the latest installment.

tiia

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2003, 12:18:00 pm »
Doesn't really answer the question though does it?  I think everyone was well aware of Pete's addiction, his admittance of it isn't all the brilliant. He's been pinchin' band and that's just not cool.

markie

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2003, 12:22:00 pm »
  Doesn't really answer the question though does it?  I think everyone was well aware of Pete's addiction, his admittance of it isn't all the brilliant. He's been pinchin' band and that's just not cool.
words together in row sentences do not make

I think admitting the addiction is the first step in getting over it and going back to the band. It seems the band will take him back only if he gets clean.

A classic British rock and roll story. Check out Andy Rourke or Topper Headon for essentially the same thing.

tiia

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2003, 12:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:
  A classic British rock and roll story. Check out Andy Rourke or Topper Headon for essentially the same thing.
I'll try this.

Yank

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2003, 12:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:

[qb]   opening for The Coral, and they were brilliant. [/b]
I just got the coral CD, its not as good as the last one. How was it/were they live?

As for the libertines did they have much new material or did they stick to up the bracket? I like the new single/video thats streaming from NME. [/b]
I think the new Coral is the best album of the year so far.  It may not 'rawk' as much as the first one but the songs are just so well written and performed.  Listen to it a few more times and I think it will grow on you Markie.  Live, I can't think of a current band that I've seen put on a better show.  

The Libertines only played the new single and and songs from Up The Bracket.  I'm not sure who sang what songs on the album, but live, I couldn't tell the difference in the songs.  They sure made The Thrills seem like a bunch of knobs!