Author Topic: the grammys  (Read 34390 times)

markie

Re: the grammys
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2003, 12:20:00 am »
I enjoyed it too. I dunno about the drummer it was the no doubt guitarist though.<P>I wish they had left Bruce to sing it all, he looks kinda strummer like especially the contorted face whilst singing....

markie

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2003, 12:26:00 am »
so its official Norah Jones is shite, winning that many grammys its a sure sign that everyone will go Norah Who? By next year

vansmack

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2003, 12:27:00 am »
Norah Jones is overrated.<P>Alright, I'm off for a pint at the P's.  C-ya!<P>
27>34

markie

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2003, 12:32:00 am »
I'm off for some sleapy bye bye's<P>bye bye

jadetree

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2003, 12:35:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vansmack:<BR><B>Was the drummer the E Street drummer?<P>  </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Isn't the E straet drummer Max Weinberg from Conan?<BR>

andyrichter

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2003, 12:50:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B>
Originally posted by vansmack:<BR>Was the drummer the E Street drummer?<P>  </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Isn't the E straet drummer Max Weinberg from Conan?
<P>yep jadetree.  you are correct.  i should know, i was on the freaking show for 7 years!  i enjoyed the clash tribute as well.  bruce and co. did a great job.  i especially liked elvis.  <P>

Henry Dark

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2003, 11:05:00 am »
Norah Jones, Eight Grammies...sometimes good does triumph over evil...<P>Jones also won best new artist, whupping a field of singers aimed directly at the kids' market: Ashanti, Michelle Branch, John Mayer and punk-pop star Avril Lavigne. This could reflect Jones's artistry, though it could also be a function of something else: The typical Grammy voter is double the age of the typical Ashanti fan, and was far more likely to actually enjoy Jones's work.

Fico

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2003, 11:14:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B>I enjoyed it too. I dunno about the drummer it was the no doubt guitarist though.<P>I wish they had left Bruce to sing it all, he looks kinda strummer like especially the contorted face whilst singing....</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Tony Kanal from No Doubt was handling bass duties, not guitar.. as for the drummer I know it wasn't Max Weinberg (E Street Band)...yet it was an old geezer who I don't reckon to be a session player.. so maybe its the old Clash drummer???<P>grammy moment from the Washington Post:<BR>Some onstage antiwar talk did come from Fred Durst, lead singer of Limp Bizkit. "I hope we're all in agreeance that this war should go away as soon as possible," he said. A few million war opponents must have cringed and wondered: Is this the best we've got? There are no peace-lovers out there who can pronounce "agreement"? <P>ps: GO NORAH!!... Gwen is an ugly tart who looks like transvestite..<P>

sonickteam2

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2003, 11:41:00 am »
look how he spelled Bizkit!!!<P>

markie

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2003, 11:44:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B>look how he spelled Bizkit!!!<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>and yet he has no problem spelling <B>limp</B>. Is it just me or do others find that ironic?

poorlulu

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2003, 11:46:00 am »
ain't censorship grand.............<P>does it make you proud to be umeeeeeerikun............?<BR> <A HREF="http://www.drudgereport.com/crow.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.drudgereport.com/crow.htm[/url]

ggw

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2003, 11:51:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henry Dark:<BR><B>Norah Jones, Eight Grammies...sometimes good does triumph over evil...<P>Jones also won best new artist, whupping a field of singers aimed directly at the kids' market: Ashanti, Michelle Branch, John Mayer and punk-pop star Avril Lavigne. This could reflect Jones's artistry, though it could also be a function of something else: The typical Grammy voter is double the age of the typical Ashanti fan, and was far more likely to actually enjoy Jones's work.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Too bad that Best New Artist is traditionally the Kiss of Death.

sonickteam2

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2003, 11:52:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by poorlulu:<BR><B>ain't censorship grand.............<P>does it make you proud to be umeeeeeerikun............?<BR> <A HREF="http://www.drudgereport.com/crow.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.drudgereport.com/crow.htm[/url] </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> you americans are real characters, i tell ya.    <BR>

ggw

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2003, 12:01:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by poorlulu:<BR><B>ain't censorship grand.............<P>does it make you proud to be umeeeeeerikun............?<BR> <A HREF="http://www.drudgereport.com/crow.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.drudgereport.com/crow.htm[/url] </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Too bad that report turned out to be false...............   .........................................    ......................................    ......................................

Space Freely

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2019, 10:02:13 am »
Was anybody else forced to watch the Grammys this year?

We watched the first 1:45 of the show before we put our daughter to bed, the made love*, then got up and watched the finale of Bodyguard**.

*this info is for Hutch and Sidehutch
**this info is for Julian, Mr. Prestige TV

Anyway, a greatest hits of my wife's non-pc comments:

1. (In reference to Anthony Kiedis) "Why does he have to have that retard haircut? He looks like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber."

2. "Who did Billy Ray Cyrus have to blow for his daughter to get multiple Grammy performances?" (on the same night, she hasn't released an album since 2017)

3. (In reference to a "country" music duo called Dan and Shay (I kept thinking they were called Jan and Dean)) "This is the music they play to torture Arab terrorists."

And my own observation: They should just called it the Female Grammys. Very few men performing. I didn't catch it when they introduced John Mayer and I didn't recognize him...I swear I thought he was a lesbian until he spoke,

The end.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 10:04:01 am by Space Freely »