Author Topic: any problems with Tickets.Com?  (Read 104400 times)

sparks

Re: any problems with Tickets.Com?
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2002, 01:28:00 pm »
I'm glad to see 930 has socked it to the man by using the slightly more expensive, mail-based, completely and entirely inconvenient Tickets.com rather than the evil looming corporation that is TICKETMASTER, which was actually very convenient in comparison. What kind of logical processing was behind this move, eh?<p>[This message has been edited by sparks (edited 03-28-2002).]

sparks

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2002, 01:30:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kosmo:<BR><B>This is more of an issue with the Ticket outlets than Tickets.com itself... But I went to the Record Town outlet (now called FYE FYI) to get White Stripes tickets.  When I asked about getting tickets, the employees all seemed to shuffle their feet and acted like no one knew how to operate the ticket terminal.  Little wonder seeing as the person had to wipe the dust off the screen while reading the manual.  He even had to call someone else for help on completing the order.   IMHO the process took longer than it should have.   Tickets.com needs to make sure the outlet people know how to use the equipment in their stores.   </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>So there actually are outlets? The website wasn't particularly helpful in identifying them.

ggw

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2002, 01:33:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sparks<BR><B>What kind of logical processing was behind this move, eh?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>$$$$, eh.

sparks

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2002, 01:35:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B> <BR>$$$$, eh.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Figures... but I wouldn't have imagined tickets.com would put up more for them than the almighty ticketmaster.<P>I'll take this short moment of 60 seconds or so to bitch about the totally rediculous "flood control", as well.   Oh no! I posted twice within a minute! I must be a m4d h4x0r!

Tixx

• http://www.tickets.com
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2002, 12:02:00 pm »
What FYE stort did you go to?  We can send someone out to provide "refresher" training as needed.  Let me know.  Thanks.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kosmo:<BR><B>This is more of an issue with the Ticket outlets than Tickets.com itself... But I went to the Record Town outlet (now called FYE FYI) to get White Stripes tickets.  When I asked about getting tickets, the employees all seemed to shuffle their feet and acted like no one knew how to operate the ticket terminal.  Little wonder seeing as the person had to wipe the dust off the screen while reading the manual.  He even had to call someone else for help on completing the order.   IMHO the process took longer than it should have.   Tickets.com needs to make sure the outlet people know how to use the equipment in their stores.   </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Tixx

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2002, 12:13:00 pm »
You are incorrect.  The Tickets.com site is completely encrypted.  As soon as you press "submit", everything that gets sent is secure (and your browser will show the "lock" icon as well).<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nacht:<BR><B>Here's a question for you:<P>  Do the people who answer e-mail at Tickets.com have problems in reading comprehension? I've been writing for a week concerning the fact that your registration page requests credit card info and is not encrypted, and all I get in response are "if you're having problems registering please call" and "we ask for credit card numbers because..."  No one seems to be able to put "credit cards requested" and "not encrypted" together in their minds, or understand why this could possibly be a problem. Are they intentionally obtuse or... ?<P><BR>|\</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Tixx

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2002, 12:36:00 pm »
Sam: Have you talked to a supervisor who can look up your account?  The way the system works is that it grabs the tickets before anything can be charged (naturally, since if there are no tickets on an order, there would be nothing to charge!).  It would be highly unusual for someone to have their credit card charged without any tickets on the account.  If you haven't already, call 703-218-6500 and ask to speak to a supervisor who can look at your order.  Thanks.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamZeb:<BR><B>Tickets.com sucks!<P>I tried getting Dashboard tickets about a month ago and it processed my credit card online and even charged the card...and they never sent me the tickets.  I even tried it again and got double charged, and it said I would receive e-mail confirmation (which I never did)  Upon contacting them, I was told my order never made it to the processing center, however for some odd reason; my credit card has been charged.  These guys are so putzy...I'll have to call and bitch again tomorrow (since the show is sold out!)</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2002, 01:36:00 pm »
Notice that Tixx posted the long distance number instead of the 800 number? Well, long distance for a lot of us.

stpmattb

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2002, 01:44:00 pm »
Send someone to the Coconuts store in Manassas.  It takes them about 10 minutes to print 1 ticket.  Im screwed if a big show ever comes and more than 1 person is in line wanting tickets.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2002, 02:56:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tixx:<BR><B>What FYE stort did you go to?  We can send someone out to provide "refresher" training as needed.  Let me know.  Thanks.<P> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>that would be the FYE in Greenbelt<BR>
T.Rex

Tixx

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2002, 07:36:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaguar:<BR><B>Notice that Tixx posted the long distance number instead of the 800 number? Well, long distance for a lot of us. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Tixx

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2002, 07:38:00 pm »
The 800 number is 800-955-5566.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaguar:<BR><B>Notice that Tixx posted the long distance number instead of the 800 number? Well, long distance for a lot of us. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2002, 08:12:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaguar:<BR><B>Notice that Tixx posted the long distance number instead of the 800 number? Well, long distance for a lot of us. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!!<P>CAN WE WALK YOUR DOG FOR YOU WHILE WE'RE AT IT???!!!???<P>It is amazing to me how the same kind of person that would complain about the 930, TicketMaster, Tickets.Com, or any capitalistic venture trying to make money, is the same kind of person that would go to the trouble to post a message about the price of a phone call to Northern Virginia. How much could that be? And, whatever that is, you begrudge somebody else for trying to hang on to it?<P>maybe I'll just have to tell my kids that they can't go to college because "Jaguar" was too cheap to make a toll call.

mankie

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2002, 08:56:00 pm »
Seth...calm down, calm down let me get you a beer and foot-rub, or rather I'll get the beer and markie will supply the foot-rub, mind you, you can come and walk my dogs if you like...I hate that late night walk.

Ralph Afatania

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2002, 01:59:00 am »
Hmmmm.... I was just thinking about driving around to ticket outlets on the day of the show, picking up the unsold tix, thinking that Ticketron should really get more outlets. What a difference 20 years makes- now the whiners complain if they have to leave the house to get tickets!<BR>How about the fact that the owner of the club is addressing your quality of service issues with his ticketing contractor.<P>Thanks, Seth