Author Topic: Supergrass?  (Read 20722 times)

ImNotYou

Supergrass?
« on: February 27, 2003, 06:32:00 pm »
Is anyone going to see them next Thursday?  I saw them on MadTV last week and needless to say, I was hooked on their song RushHourSoul.  Just wondering to see what type of turnout there would be , as I am coming alone.

markie

Re: Supergrass?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2003, 06:37:00 pm »
Wifey and I will be going along with Jadetree and venerable bede and I should think a good few more. <P>The coral must be a big draw as well. <P>

Relaxer

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2003, 06:39:00 pm »
The Coral is *the* draw for me, though I certainly won't skip out the door when they're finished. I like Supergrass but haven't kept up with them. The Coral put on a hell of a show.
oword

markie

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2003, 06:41:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Relaxer:<BR><B>The Coral put on a hell of a show. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>how do you know?

ImNotYou

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2003, 06:42:00 pm »
Hmmm..who are The Coral??  How long have they been around?

markie

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2003, 06:44:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ImNotYou:<BR><B>Hmmm..who are The Coral??  How long have they been around?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>they are another British band..... their first album has not been released in the US yet, but they have been getting radio airplay and DCCD is carrying their singles for cheap.

megs

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2003, 06:51:00 pm »
cannot wait for this one. i have been waiting (and waiting and waiting) to see supergrass for years, and the coral, i am able to say, are fabulous live. saw them last year in edinburgh and they are booty-shakin' good.  

Relaxer

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2003, 07:17:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> how do you know?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Do two half-ass explanations equal a good explanation? <P>I have a couple live shows from their 2002 UK tour, and they're able to capture all of the weirdness of the album without relying heavily (at least from what I can hear) on a lot of tapes or samples or other crap. And the songs sound better live because they have a little more punch to them. <P>And a good friend of mine saw them at the Mercury Lounge late last year (it was right around thxgiving) and said they were very good for most of the above reasons. Plus she wanted to give the singer a tongue-bath.
oword

poorlulu

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2003, 08:06:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Relaxer:<BR><B> Do two half-ass explanations equal a good explanation? <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>alright, alright. Their shows normally get excellent reviews. I expect it to be a rckin; night!

walkman

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2003, 08:16:00 pm »
A perfect way to cure my depression after next Tuesday night.

lily1

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2003, 12:38:00 am »
and i'll be at this show too. very much looking forward to it.

Lazer Guided Melodies

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2003, 12:39:00 am »
Is it me or does a lot of Life On Other Planets sound just like Electric Warrior

traviswvu

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2003, 12:39:00 am »
I'll be there...aloooone.  Excited to see Supergrass even though I haven't gotten their new album yet.  Also looking forward to seeing The Coral based on their rockin' Dreaming of You.<P>I'm new, but I expect this to be my first in a streak of shows this month and next. (TSOOL, Sigur Ros, Music/Vines, etc.)

poorlulu

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2003, 12:42:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lazer Guided Melodies:<BR><B>Is it me or does a lot of Life On Other Planets sound just like Electric Warrior</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>if this is what you mean?<BR> <A HREF="http://www.eartothesound.fsnet.co.uk/trex/elec_war.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.eartothesound.fsnet.co.uk/trex/elec_war.html[/url] <P>then not really, no.<BR>

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2003, 12:48:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by walkman:<BR><B>A perfect way to cure my depression after next Tuesday night.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Why the depression? Did I miss something on another topic thread?<P>I will be at the show for sure. I'm very curious about The Coral and have never seen Supergrass.  Should this be a board gathering? Many of us already know each other, but if you are new to the fold -and are brave enough to want to meet us, let me (or one of the other regulars) know.<P>