Author Topic: Led Zeppelin Rumor  (Read 10345 times)

Re: Led Zeppelin Rumor
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2007, 09:31:00 am »
Originally posted by anarchist:
  i heard led zep is playing 930 on 9/11 + it will not be announced until 9/11 3pm.
Are you sure it's on 9/11? I heard they had a few secret shows on tap but the one I've been talking about is the only one I know about. If that makes any sense.
 ----
 I actually emailed Get the Led Out to see if they had a secret show coming up on 9/11 in PA and they said no. :-)
xoxo

lbcardoni

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2007, 09:36:00 am »
Originally posted by 6949:

i heard led zep is playing 930 on 9/11 + it will not be announced until 9/11 3pm.
Are you sure it's on 9/11? I heard they had a few secret shows on tap but the one I've been talking about is the only one I know about. If that makes any sense.
 ----
 I actually emailed Get the Led Out to see if they had a secret show coming up on 9/11 in PA and they said no. :-) [/b]
Maybe it is Lez Zeppelin...

Arthwys

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2007, 02:32:00 pm »

Originally posted by Arthwys:
  Throughout high school (the late 90's) my friends and I would sometimes debate which body part we'd gladly part with to be at a Led Zep reunion show.  Generally I only volunteered to cut off a few fingers.
I know you have no way of knowing but that's so inappropriate under the circumstances. [/b]
I realize that it was a very adolescent line of thinking we were following at the time.  But under what circumstances is that so terribly inappropriate?  I've wracked my brain a bit and don't remember any member of Zep losing a finger or arm  I thought that was Tommy Iommi and Rick Allen.
Emrys

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2007, 02:42:00 pm »

Throughout high school (the late 90's) my friends and I would sometimes debate which body part we'd gladly part with to be at a Led Zep reunion show.  Generally I only volunteered to cut off a few fingers.
I know you have no way of knowing but that's so inappropriate under the circumstances. [/b]
I realize that it was a very adolescent line of thinking we were following at the time.  But under what circumstances is that so terribly inappropriate?  I've wracked my brain a bit and don't remember any member of Zep losing a finger or arm  I thought that was Tommy Iommi and Rick Allen. [/b]
The guy who told me about it lost a leg which is part of the reason why they're bringing him up on stage.
xoxo

mekmad

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2007, 03:12:00 pm »
Question - Is this show that they might show up to sold out yet?  You would think this guy would be telling  other people besides you and I'm sure the band would have invited other people on stage.  And those people would have told other people.

I am not trying to discredit you, just trying to see if this is anymore then a rumor.  Thx!

Arthwys

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2007, 03:18:00 pm »

I realize that it was a very adolescent line of thinking we were following at the time.  But under what circumstances is that so terribly inappropriate?  I've wracked my brain a bit and don't remember any member of Zep losing a finger or arm  I thought that was Tommy Iommi and Rick Allen. [/b]
The guy who told me about it lost a leg which is part of the reason why they're bringing him up on stage. [/b]
Hmm, true.  My sincere apologies.
Emrys

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2007, 03:31:00 pm »

said no. :-) [/b]
No way.

Can you imagine the rush if Zep was announced at the 930 Club 4 hours before doors? There would be such an incredible rush. AND the only way to get tickets is to be in line.

Fires.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2007, 03:37:00 pm »
Anybody read A Thousand Splendid Suns? I love it when Tariq beats the bully up with his fake leg.

slappy

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2007, 03:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by TheDirector217:

Originally posted by sweetcell:
  so are you saying the rumor has it going down in the DC area?  or on a local military base?
It's in PA at a regular concert venue. When I say where you guys are going to say there's no way in hell. [/b]
Please stop toying with my emotions.  Is it Hershey Park?  

This is Zeppelin.  Issues like this are very serious. [/b]
So obvious...
 Dunder-Mifflin parking lot, Scranton PA branch

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2007, 03:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by mekmad:
  Question - Is this show that they might show up to sold out yet?  You would think this guy would be telling  other people besides you and I'm sure the band would have invited other people on stage.  And those people would have told other people.

I am not trying to discredit you, just trying to see if this is anymore then a rumor.  Thx!
It's hard for me to believe it too. Good tickets are available but again it's still a secret.

I don't know how many people kept in touch with the band (that's playing w/ LZ) or how many others he told. It only came up in conversation when I asked him about another concert.

You also have to figure that a lot of the patients can't be that far away from the hospital for so long, many don't have their cars here,  and to be honest some can't handle being in big crowds with loud noise, strobe lights and pyro so soon.

That was a roundabout way of me saying I know nothing else.
xoxo

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2007, 03:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Anybody read A Thousand Splendid Suns? I love it when Tariq beats the bully up with his fake leg.
One night we were talking to the guys and asked if they want us to bring in boardgames. One guy said twister because he can just take his legs off and put them on the right color dots.    :)
xoxo

Arthwys

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2007, 12:21:00 pm »
I think it would be a bit tough for them to do a secret show tonight and then by 10 am EST be at a press conference in London.

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/31036
Emrys

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2007, 12:38:00 pm »
  I think it would be a bit tough for them to do a secret show tonight and then by 10 am EST be at a press conference in London.

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/31036
It's perfect timing. They're following up their surprise show with a press conference.

Yes I am going tonight. Do I expect to be writing "I told you so" tomorrow morning? No. But one can hope.
xoxo

sonickteam2

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2007, 12:43:00 pm »
this thread sucks, and so does anyone who goes to a Bon Jovi concert and expects to see Led Zeppelin.

it'd be like going to a Guns N Roses concert and expecting to see..... Guns N Roses!!!!

« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2007, 12:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by le sonick:
  this thread sucks, and so does anyone who goes to a Bon Jovi concert and expects to see Led Zeppelin.

it'd be like going to a Guns N Roses concert and expecting to see..... Guns N Roses!!!!
Bon Jovi would be a little less painful than the band I'm seeing tonight.
xoxo