Author Topic: 16 Gig iPod Touch Screen  (Read 9001 times)

MonkeyPants

Re: 16 Gig iPod Touch Screen
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 02:09:00 pm »
Don't forget that with Apple's iPod recycling program, you get 10% off if you bring in your old iPod.  Only at Apple retail stores.
PANTS

sonickteam2

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 02:32:00 pm »
ok, so i went to the Apple Store and got my wife the iphone

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

that thing is so awesome.  its just so great.  its like your ipod, your phone, your laptop.

even the speaker to play your ipod out loud is decent.  the way the phone flips from vertical to horizontal is also neat.  

i dunno.  i suppose if you are a big techy nerd its nothing that new, but to me its definitely the coolest little gadget i've played with

and will be buying myself one soon.  :)  (as soon as they get bigger than 8 GB)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 02:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by MyraEllen:
  Don't forget that with Apple's iPod recycling program, you get 10% off if you bring in your old iPod.  Only at Apple retail stores.
That sounds great, except that my old one got stolen.  Hence, the splurge.

Even so, if had one to off load, it would go straight to craig's list.  I've sold so much stuff on there it's ridiculous.

chaz

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 02:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by le sonick:

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

that thing is so awesome.  its just so great.  its like your ipod, your phone, your laptop.

even the speaker to play your ipod out loud is decent.  the way the phone flips from vertical to horizontal is also neat.  

i dunno.  i suppose if you are a big techy nerd its nothing that new, but to me its definitely the coolest little gadget i've played with

and will be buying myself one soon.   :)   (as soon as they get bigger than 8 GB)
I'll get one when they are 60 GB and up.

sonickteam2

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 02:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by chaz:

Originally posted by le sonick:

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

and will be buying myself one soon.    :)    (as soon as they get bigger than 8 GB)
I'll get one when they are 60 GB and up. [/b]
I'm going for 30, cause thats the ipod i have and its plenty, even though i havent put more than 10 on it yet!

i have 380GB at home, so its nice to have such a select group of songs on the ipod, opposed to the ocean i have to swim through at home

though, 8gb is a touch small.

ratioci nation

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2007, 03:40:00 pm »
Early iphone purchasers can get $100 apple store gift card

http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/09/06/100.credit.to.iphone/

bnyced0

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2007, 03:44:00 pm »
8 gb might seem small, but I don't find myself using the ipod function all that much anyway and I'd be curious to hear who has.  

The phone, email, and limited internet functionality is the blessing, the ipod just a cool add on.  I have videos (full length concerts, downloaded or burned from DVD) and no music to use on flights.  

So 8 gb is more than enough for me, and it's plenty for limited data storage, this thing replicates my most used and useful laptop functions, so it's a godsend on the go.

When I want to use an ipod, I use an ipod.

bnyced0

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 03:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:

Hopefully they'll figure out they need to take care of the people who registered the phone/bought a ATT plan/use the phone and not the original scum bag purchasers who bought up several, just to phuck those who could not get to the store, as those assholes have already made a tidy profit.

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 05:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by bnyced0:

Originally posted by pdx pollard:

Hopefully they'll figure out they need to take care of the people who registered the phone/bought a ATT plan/use the phone and not the original scum bag purchasers who bought up several, just to phuck those who could not get to the store, as those assholes have already made a tidy profit. [/b]
Or you can get tickets to Spoon's 930 show.

vansmack

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2007, 05:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by bnyced0:
  Hopefully they'll figure out they need to take care of the people who registered the phone/bought a ATT plan/use the phone and not the original scum bag purchasers who bought up several, just to phuck those who could not get to the store, as those assholes have already made a tidy profit.
How great would it be if they required registration of the phone and a receipt?  

That would eliminate both the "tech scalpers" and the morons that bought their iPhones from the "tech scalpers" from the rebate.
27>34

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 06:19:00 pm »
THE NEW IPODS (the 80 and 160 gig ones) will be available at the downtown bethesda store "in the next couple of days" (said yesterday, so i'm assuming tomorrow or saturday.)

my 30 gig ran out of room and broke three weeks ago, and i JUST BOUGHT a new 80 gig one for $349 a week ago.  now i'm happy, because i can go return it since i didn't open it yet, and get a new 80 gig one for only $249!!  it's the first time in my life that apple will actually find themselves refunding MY money!!!!!  oh and it's a good feeling.  and an aluminum or steel or whatever ipod.  sweet.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 07:42:00 pm »
Heh... I'm laughing at the people who waited in line and paid $600 for an Iphone and are now up in arms about the price cut.  Anyone who's a tool enough to do that deserved it.
_\|/_

chaz

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2007, 09:50:00 pm »
Clarendon store had a bunch of 80 GB ones today but no 160's.  I'll pick one up this weekend.

bnyced0

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2007, 10:26:00 am »
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  Heh... I'm laughing at the people who waited in line and paid $600 for an Iphone and are now up in arms about the price cut.  Anyone who's a tool enough to do that deserved it.
Actually, I didn't wait in line but ended up paying more than $600 for the convenience.  Not up in arms at all, thems the ways of the tech world if you want the latest you pay the price, if you want to stay in the stoneage and throw said stones that those that aren't I suppose they go hang out at your house.  

I have to say the ability to do what I do most on the run, without lugging a laptop is worth every dime over the asking price I paid.  

I glanced at my credit card bill before paying it off this month and I average well over 3 figures a weekend on bar tabs, that's what you should be laughing at, if I stayed home without shows and drinking I could probably buy a new iphone a month and give it to people like you or I guess I could just go on enjoying my life, yeh I think I'll do that.

sonickteam2

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2007, 10:53:00 am »
yeah, its not stupid to have bought it for $600 but it is silly to complain when the price drops, cause we all know the price will drop.  hell, in a year or 2 iphones might be like $200!  then i can complain for paying $399!  jk