Author Topic: how long is the commute from dc to baltimore on a tuesda  (Read 7166 times)

yohansen5b

Re: how long is the commute from dc to baltimore on a tuesda
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 06:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Is it really worth a three hour drive in traffic (and then another hour home) to see Feist and Rogue Wave? Both of those acts seem to be in DC constantly. Best thing to do seems to be sell the tickets or eat the probably relatively low cost, don't you think?
i didn't buy the tickets yet.  i've never seen feist and i've seen rogue wave once.  granted, they come through town a lot (i even have tickets to RW's november show at the black cat) but i'd like to see them together.

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 06:54:00 pm »
You can try taking 495 North to 270 North to 28 East to 97 North to 70 East. Then follow the directions from Frederick on their website.  It got me to a Ravens game when 95 was backed up.
xoxo

sonickteam2

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 08:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Is it really worth a three hour drive in traffic (and then another hour home) to see Feist and Rogue Wave? Both of those acts seem to be in DC constantly. Best thing to do seems to be sell the tickets or eat the probably relatively low cost, don't you think?
heres a funny thought:  what if everyone started living their life and making their decisions the way Rhett did?

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 08:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by le sonick:
  heres a funny thought:  what if everyone started living their life and making their decisions the way Rhett did?
The Era of Terrible Haircuts would commence?

shoelaces22

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 09:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by bnyced0:

Originally posted by bikerchickdc:
  If time is tight, you may want to consider driving to Union Station then taking Amtrak and a cab to the show. It's a lot of running around, and not cheap, but you'll make it to Baltimore in about 40 minutes regardless of what traffic is doing. If you can't drive to Union Station, take a cab; don't rely on Metro, it will probably be closed by the time you make it back to Union Station.
You can take MARC there to save $, but Amtrak or greyhound is the only way back to Union Station [/b]
When I go to Baltimore for shows, this is what I usually do.  I'm going to the Feist show tomorrow via MARC train in the evening and planning on taking the 11:35 train back to DC, which will be a $14 fare (pretty reasonable in my mind).  

I would just suggest making sure to have the phone number of a Baltimore cab company and calling for a cab well in advance to make sure you can get to the train station on time.  I've had consistently bad luck trying to hail cabs from venues in Baltimore, and once, I didn't call for a cab early enough, it came late, and I ended up missing the last train back to DC for the night.  Just be aware of timing factors, and it's a pretty simple process.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 09:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by shoelaces22:
   and once, I didn't call for a cab early enough, it came late, and I ended up missing the last train back to DC for the night.
Just out of curiosity, what did you do in that situation?

sonickteam2

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 10:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, good manners AFICIONADO:

and once, I didn't call for a cab early enough, it came late, and I ended up missing the last train back to DC for the night.
Just out of curiosity, what did you do in that situation? [/b]
parrty at Sonick's house!

shoelaces22

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 11:26:00 pm »

A friend of a friend was living in Baltimore at the time, so I got her number from my friend and basically begged to sleep on her couch for the night.  She was really cool about it, so I took a cab to her apartment and then got on one of the early MARC trains the next morning.

sonickteam2

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2007, 10:56:00 am »
ok, so that Feist concert was THE Best show at Rams Head Live this year.

it was being taped for a VH1 special so the stage setup and lighting were perfect and she sounded awesome.  the crowd was awesome.

i know shes already way popular but shes only gonna get bigger with performances like that.

wow.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2007, 10:58:00 am »
  ok, so that Feist concert was THE Best show at Rams Head Live this year.

it was being taped for a VH1 special so the stage setup and lighting were perfect and she sounded awesome.  the crowd was awesome.

i know shes already way popular but shes only gonna get bigger with performances like that.

wow.
i was there last night... and it was fantastic, minus the people that kept talking. argh.
nothx

sonickteam2

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2007, 11:02:00 am »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:
  i was there last night... and it was fantastic, minus the people that kept talking. argh.
another friend of mine said the same, and also her mic was down low.  i was upstairs and had neither problem (talking or low vocals).

i was only disappointed that she didnt play "One Evening" and slowed down "Inside Out" too much.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2007, 11:04:00 am »

another friend of mine said the same, and also her mic was down low.  i was upstairs and had neither problem (talking or low vocals).

i was only disappointed that she didnt play "One Evening" and slowed down "Inside Out" too much. [/b]
Were you working or actually there on your own?

I was on the floor behind the guys with the massiva cameras and it was a bit difficult to hear her at times. But overall, I was quite pleased.

Any idea as to when this show will air?
nothx

sonickteam2

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2007, 11:10:00 am »

i was only disappointed that she didnt play "One Evening" and slowed down "Inside Out" too much. [/b]
Were you working or actually there on your own?

I was on the floor behind the guys with the massiva cameras and it was a bit difficult to hear her at times. But overall, I was quite pleased.

Any idea as to when this show will air? [/b]
i was working.  and i have no idea when the show will air.  

they also filmed an AOL commercial there too earlier in the day.

eltee

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2007, 01:28:00 pm »

A friend of a friend was living in Baltimore at the time, so I got her number from my friend and basically begged to sleep on her couch for the night.  She was really cool about it, so I took a cab to her apartment and then got on one of the early MARC trains the next morning. [/b]
But I guess if you didn't know of someone there, uh, get a cab and hotel it?