> GENERAL DISCUSSION

So how come you never hear that Mr. Roboto song anymore?

<< < (2/5) > >>

K8teebug:
I love that song.  I also love the Freaks and Geeks episode that features that song at the end.  It's so gloriously cheesy.

vansmack:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
   How come you never hear Mr. Roboto? That was a hoooooge hit back in the day.
--- End quote ---
Because you're not my neighbor.  I play that song all the time.  I play a lot of Styx, actually.  That's right, I said it.

beetsnotbeats:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by K8teebug:
  I love that song.  I also love the Freaks and Geeks episode that features that song at the end.  It's so gloriously cheesy.
--- End quote ---
That was one of the most brilliant uses of a song I've ever seen. Setting, tone, timing, comic potential, pitch perfect.

BookerT:
"come sail away" in "freaks and geeks" > "come sail away" in "south park" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "come sail away" in "virgin suicides"

Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
More than you think. I spend 30 mins a day in 1995 Saturn which only has AM/FM radio and a cassette player.

--- Quote ---Originally posted by le sonick:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Since this board has been taken over by classic rock chatter (Police, Zeplin, Pumkins), I thought I'd throw this query out there...

You still hear Renegade and Blue Collar Man on the radio sometimes. How come you never hear Mr. Roboto? That was a hoooooge hit back in the day.
--- End quote ---
how often do you listen to the radio that you would know they never play it?

i would think "come Sail away" would be their biggest song. it was my fave! [/b]
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version