Author Topic: The Faint / Your Pal rollcalls  (Read 1850 times)

i like mr green

Re: The Faint / Your Pal rollcalls
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2004, 04:41:00 pm »
didnt sell out last time they played..and of course now they do!!!!

does any one have any extra tickets!
 301 461 0448
 aim= Boot of Doom

jkeisenh

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2004, 08:51:00 am »
beep beep was just as good as i expected!  i love those guys.  seeing them live makes me like their albums all the more.  i really appreciate that they're a band doing something other than a stock-genre-sound.  and the screamy reminds me of the good old days of modest mouse (shit luck, for one).

TV on the Radio was great but a little slow compared to the rest of the lineup.  i think i'll appreciate them more when i see 'em open for the pixies.

the faint was so great that i, um, left the floor, went upstairs, and started crocheting in the light next to the men's room.  really, i felt like if you turned off the video, strobes, and drum machine, it was like some bad basement band.  i also felt like all these folks self-identified as "better" than pop-sters, but if you got rid of the voice effect, the faint is pretty much pop.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2004, 10:35:00 am »
wasn't feeling any love from beep beep, a little to much caterwauling for my liking.  

after finally seeing TVOTR after several boardie have been raving about them, it was a deffo WOW this guys are great. a singer who can actually sing and the band sounding like very little else thats out there.  i have a feeling we are only seeing the tip of the iceburg with regards to this bands talent.

the faint had that pop-rocks effect on me... intially exciting but worn off pretty quick.  chimbly's right about them hiding behind their drum machine.  with it they were kind of a lite-industrial group.  not sure there would be much left without it.  i stuck it out for about 30 min when sonick overload struck and they butchered "pyscho killer".  but, from the my vantage point the crammed floor of youngens were having a great time which is all that really matters in the end.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2004, 10:39:00 am »
oh yeah Your Pal was great... like seeing a good friend do his songs while hanging in the backyard and chattering away with other friends between songs.
T.Rex

palahniukkubrick

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2004, 10:50:00 am »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:

TV on the Radio was great but a little slow compared to the rest of the lineup.  i think i'll appreciate them more when i see 'em open for the pixies.

I'm really excited to see them open for pixies.  :)   Do you have the setlist for their set last night? thanks.