Author Topic: How rich are you?  (Read 2066 times)

How rich are you?
« on: October 21, 2003, 09:25:00 am »

paige

Re: How rich are you?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 09:43:00 am »
wow. that makes me feel really really bad. sort of. maybe i'll go shopping to ease the pain. ha!

mankie

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 09:52:00 am »
I know only a car salesman would pick up on this, but they have a Porsche Boxster as the car on the picture. You can pick those things up for $25k these days...hardly the symbol of wealth.

markie

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2003, 10:21:00 am »
Oh, and in case youâ??re interested I am the 48,572,565  richest person in the world.

I wonder if GGW makes the top 10

ggw

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2003, 10:38:00 am »
Originally posted by BLANK:
  Oh, and in case youâ??re interested I am the 48,572,565  richest person in the world.

Just by virtue of being American, most of us are richer than 97.5% of the people.

Alas, I didn't even make the top 10 million.  But I did beat you.
   :D

mankie

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2003, 10:41:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Originally posted by BLANK:

Just by virtue of being American, most of us are richer than 97.5% of the people.

Alas, I didn't even make the top 10 million.  But I did beat you.
     :D   [/b]
But did you put in your actual income, or the one you tell the IRS every year?

Just had another thought...does this list simply calculate income, or does it allow for cost of living in all countries? $12,000 is nothing over here, but you would be the GGW of some places with that income.

ggw

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2003, 10:48:00 am »
Originally posted by mankie:
  Just had another thought...does this list simply calculate income, or does it allow for cost of living in all countries? $12,000 is nothing over here, but you would be the GGW of some places with that income.
It simply looks at income in absolute dollar terms with no concern for cost of living.  So it makes the faulty assumption that $40,000 is the same in Bethesda as in Botswana.

mankie

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2003, 11:42:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

It simply looks at income in absolute dollar terms with no concern for cost of living.  So it makes the faulty assumption that $40,000 is the same in Bethesda as in Botswana. [/b]
hmmmm,that's what I thought....DAMN liberals trying to mislead us again!  :mad:

vansmack

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2003, 12:02:00 pm »

Just had another thought...does this list simply calculate income, or does it allow for cost of living in all countries? $12,000 is nothing over here, but you would be the GGW of some places with that income. [/b]
Would that mean you just live a better lifestyle, but not actually make you any richer?
27>34

mankie

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2003, 12:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Just had another thought...does this list simply calculate income, or does it allow for cost of living in all countries? $12,000 is nothing over here, but you would be the GGW of some places with that income. [/b]
Would that mean you just live a better lifestyle, but not actually make you any richer? [/b]
I think it would make you richer...with your thinking, that would make an Italian who makes 7,000,000.00 lira (about $7.68!  ;)  ) a week richer than an American who makes $5,000,000.00 a week......wouldn't it?