Author Topic: iTunes problem  (Read 1848 times)

vansmack

Re: iTunes problem
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 04:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by Hoya Paranoia:
  my iTunes *library.itl file has been corrupted recently ... is this a typical vista/itunes problem?
First I've heard of an instance.  Under 7.0.X there was an iPod corruption problem but that has been fixed in 7.1 and again in 7.2.

In my 2+ years of using iTunes with Windows XP my library file has been corrupted three times and under Vista in the last 9 months it has yet to happen, but I expect it given the size of the file.
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 04:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

my iTunes *library.itl file has been corrupted recently ... is this a typical vista/itunes problem?
First I've heard of an instance.  Under 7.0.X there was an iPod corruption problem but that has been fixed in 7.1 and again in 7.2.

In my 2+ years of using iTunes with Windows XP my library file has been corrupted three times and under Vista in the last 9 months it has yet to happen, but I expect it given the size of the file. [/b]
what's your solution?  seems like when i let it "fix itself", it left out thousands of songs and all my playlists ... i have a backup somewhere but i would still be missing a good chunk of stuff from that
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 05:11:00 pm »
  what's your solution?  
In one of the 17 other threads about iTunes on this board, I posted how to backup your playlists for easy import into a new/recreated library.  I'll see if I can find it.

I also mark the box to have iTunes automatically copy the files to the iTunes folder so in the event I have to rebuild a new library, iTunes only has to check one folder and it never misses a song.
27>34