Author Topic: Coolest piece of concert memorabilia in your collection  (Read 13199 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: Coolest piece of concert memorabilia in your collection
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2005, 09:43:00 pm »
A bunch of stuff but probably the thing that I think is the coolest isn't necessarily what others would select.

A pair of cool shoes that I bought for $2 from a Shoegaze goddess. Guess only a true Shoegazer would appreciate that. lol. Oddly enough, Rachel* and I have since become friends and we even work together on the same radio station.

*Rachel Goldstar/Staggs from Experimental Aircraft, Eau Claire with Jessica Baliff, owner of Rollerderby Records, formerly of The Black Angles, and now currently in London finishing up an album with Monster Movie which is Christian Savil's (formerly of Slowdive) band.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2005, 10:56:00 pm »
well, to each his own, right?  i mean some of my favorite concert things aren't exactly my favorites because they are things that i recieved from legendary musicians; they are my favorites because i have good stories behind them, and associate them with good memories.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2005, 11:07:00 pm »
Most definitely! I think that's partly what makes Rat Bastard's Dave Grohl t-shirt about the coolest thing listed on the thread even though I personally am not a fan of the music. At least in my opinion. There's such a great story with it.

bearman🐻

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2005, 12:36:00 am »
Yeah...Will Sergeant from Echo & the Bunnymen once gave me his tie pin, which is actually the bunnyman off the "Rescue" single (I think). It's just a pin, but I still love the damn thing because it was such a nice gesture.

squidbitz

« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2005, 08:02:00 am »
Not great but when I use to write for a fanzine in VA I did a lost w/end with Henry Rollins' Band.  I ended up mentioning that he was dating or doting over some girl who looked like Amy Grant who was with him the entire 4 days.  He got a hold of the mag and sent me a letter on like Marriott letterhead not finding the amusement in me printing that, even though it was like 2 sentences...I framed it  :) .

xcanuck

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2005, 10:20:00 am »
Bottle of wine that Eddie Vedder gave me in San Bernadino.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2005, 10:28:00 am »
GG Allin wrote a letter to me and my friend once.  I should check with my friend to see if he still has it.  Very scary.

thirsty moore

« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2005, 11:31:00 am »
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:
  GG Allin wrote a letter to me and my friend once.  I should check with my friend to see if he still has it.  Very scary.
Now that's a man that could use a handwash in his day.

« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2023, 10:21:29 pm »
The set list from the last Joe Strummer show. Signed by Joe himself. With the extra encore song hand written by him along with " for MARK". With that there is a dollar bill that has been rasta'fied "for Lisa".
Damn!  That's impressive.

came here to post this...guy things his tickets stubs are worth $150 (not that impressive of a lot)

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/678138044023753/
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2023, 11:27:28 pm »
Whoever has the bottle that clocked Space in the head wins this thread.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2023, 11:28:17 pm »
Tho the Armani suit that Julian wore to the GWARBQ would be a close second

« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2023, 11:31:29 pm »
Tho the Armani suit that Julian wore to the GWARBQ would be a close second
I think the world wants a NFT of Jules on the ground at the GWARBBQ said suit on looking rather pale
slack

Starsky

« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2023, 08:30:38 pm »
I have a Miller lite bottle Bob Pollard drank at a Black Cat show.

It looks like any other bottle of Miller lite. Maybe I need to make a tag for it.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2023, 09:33:20 pm »
I have a picture of me passing Springsteen forward as he crowd surfs back to the stage.  The picture was taken by Obama's photographer, Peter Souza.  I saw the picture on instagram, contacted him, and he sent me a copy.

Starsky

« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2023, 09:49:27 pm »
I have a picture of me passing Springsteen forward as he crowd surfs back to the stage.  The picture was taken by Obama's photographer, Peter Souza.  I saw the picture on instagram, contacted him, and he sent me a copy.

Nice! Was this at Nats Park?