Author Topic: Days Of The Week Songs  (Read 6795 times)

Sir HC

Re: Days Of The Week Songs
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 12:18:00 pm »
Monday, Monday - Mamas and the Papas

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 12:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by twangirl:
  Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down â?¢ Kris Kristofferson
most depressing song of all time?  nothing like listening to that one to remind you that your life isn't totally in the shitter
(o|o)

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 12:24:00 pm »
Monday Morning - Fleetwood Mac
 Saw Lindsey Buckingham last night

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 12:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by saco:
  We are all aware this is actually a Commodores song, right??
yup we are, FNM never wrote anything that pretty... but i was trying to connect with the crowd, thinking that the majority of people nowadays would only know this song from the incessant rotation it got on MTV about a decade ago (probably continues to pop up, but i wouldn't know since i hardly watch TV anymore).
<sig>

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 12:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brian_Walalce:
  Wait a minute.  I did this once:

Blur-Sunday, Sunday
 The Bangles-Manic Monday
 The Rolling Stones-Ruby Tuesday
 Elvis Costello-Wednesday Week

The Cure-Friday, I'm In Love
 Suede/Bay City Rollers-Saturday Night

I couldn't think of a Thursday song.

Brian
I got you beat by two

8 Days a week - The Beatles  ;)

saco

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2007, 12:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

yup we are, FNM never wrote anything that pretty... but i was trying to connect with the crowd, thinking that the majority of people nowadays would only know this song from the incessant rotation it got on MTV about a decade ago (probably continues to pop up, but i wouldn't know since i hardly watch TV anymore). [/b]
Thats fair, I just can't stand people not knowing musical history; like anyone who may think "Landside" was written by Billy Corgan or the Dixie Chicks; or that "Hard To Handle" was written by the Black Crowes.

TheDirector217

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2007, 01:13:00 pm »

yup we are, FNM never wrote anything that pretty... but i was trying to connect with the crowd, thinking that the majority of people nowadays would only know this song from the incessant rotation it got on MTV about a decade ago (probably continues to pop up, but i wouldn't know since i hardly watch TV anymore). [/b]
Thats fair, I just can't stand people not knowing musical history; like anyone who may think "Landside" was written by Billy Corgan or the Dixie Chicks; or that "Hard To Handle" was written by the Black Crowes. [/b]
Yeah, that shit blows me. Seems like no one really has a grip/appreciation on their music anymore.  Lemme paint this scenario I had with this 22 year-old chick March 8th after I got back from seeing The Who:

Chick: What you been doing tonight? Looks like you had fun!

Me: Yeah, just got back from seeing The Who.

Chick: Who?

Me: The Who, man! (Incredulous tone in my voice)

Chick: *blank ass stare* Who are they?

Me: *sigh* You watch CSI?

Chick: Yeah, all the time.

Me: You know the theme song from CSI, right?

Chick: Yeah, which one?

Me: All three, motherfucker.  They're THAT fuckin' nice.

Chick: Ohhhhhhh. *as if a really dim fuckin' light came on over her head*

Me: *shaking my head as I walk away*

No appreciation of music history.  That's what's wrong with cats nowadays.  Even when I was 12 or so, I didn't yet know about the greatness that was Zeppelin, but I at least knew who the fuck they were!

On that note,
 Cherelle & Alexander 'O Neal - Saturday Love
 Johnny Kemp - Just Got Paid (Friday Night)

I Dare

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2007, 01:20:00 pm »
weakerthans - wellington's wednesdays

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2007, 01:39:00 pm »
I think it's beautiful that a 22 year-old doesn't know who "The Who" are.  

I don't think you have to pay your "respects" to older artists.  All that worthless "The Beatles are the GREATEST", "Zeppelin rocked the HARDEST", "No one was more influential than Bowie!"

Who CARES if you don't know who did "Landside" or "Easy" originally?  Does someone have to know the family tree of every guitar chord ever?  It smacks of fascism.

That's why I love young Fall Out Boy/Panic At the Disco!/My Chemical Romance fans.  Most of them have no idea who the Velvet Undergound were.  Most of them don't even remember Kurt Cobain.

All this ass-kissing respect of "influences" is the same reason that there's a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  

Brian

twangirl

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2007, 01:43:00 pm »
Blue Monday â?¢ New Order

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2007, 01:47:00 pm »
Saturday In The Park - Chicago

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2007, 01:48:00 pm »
  That's why I love young Fall Out Boy/Panic At the Disco!/My Chemical Romance fans.  Most of them have no idea who the Velvet Undergound were.  Most of them don't even remember Kurt Cobain.
check out the comments on this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3vd6lL_uec
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2007, 01:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by Hoyas Final 4:

check out the comments on this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3vd6lL_uec [/b]
here's the blink-182 cover of which they speak ... a warning:  it's really horrible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVw-EuPGFuY
(o|o)

saco

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2007, 02:02:00 pm »
  I think it's beautiful that a 22 year-old doesn't know who "The Who" are.  

I don't think you have to pay your "respects" to older artists.  All that worthless "The Beatles are the GREATEST", "Zeppelin rocked the HARDEST", "No one was more influential than Bowie!"

Who CARES if you don't know who did "Landside" or "Easy" originally?  Does someone have to know the family tree of every guitar chord ever?  It smacks of fascism.

All this ass-kissing respect of "influences" is the same reason that there's a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  

Brian
There is a difference between ass kissing and thinking that Fall out Boy, Panic at the Disco and My Chemical Romance invented rock and roll.

Reod Dai

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2007, 02:48:00 pm »
"Tuesday Afternoon" - The Moody Blues

"Saturday As Usual" - Bright Eyes

metallica: tuesday's gone
I imagine we all also know that this is a Lynyrd Skynyrd song.

Thats fair, I just can't stand people not knowing musical history; like anyone who may think "Landside" was written by Billy Corgan or the Dixie Chicks; or that "Hard To Handle" was written by the Black Crowes.
Agreed, although the Pumpkins' version of "Landslide" is so much better than the original, I can actually forgive people for giving them credit for it.  :)   One of the biggest victims of that sort of thinking is Dylan, with countless people under the impression that Rod Stewart wrote "Forever Young", or that Hendrix wrote "All Along the Watchtower".

Originally posted by TheDirector217:
 Yeah, that shit blows me. Seems like no one really has a grip/appreciation on their music anymore. Lemme paint this scenario I had with this 22 year-old chick March 8th after I got back from seeing The Who:

Chick: What you been doing tonight? Looks like you had fun!

Me: Yeah, just got back from seeing The Who.

Chick: Who?

Me: The Who, man! (Incredulous tone in my voice)

Chick: *blank ass stare* Who are they?

Me: *sigh* You watch CSI?

Chick: Yeah, all the time.

Me: You know the theme song from CSI, right?

Chick: Yeah, which one?

Me: All three, motherfucker. They're THAT fuckin' nice.

Chick: Ohhhhhhh. *as if a really dim fuckin' light came on over her head*

Me: *shaking my head as I walk away*

No appreciation of music history. That's what's wrong with cats nowadays. Even when I was 12 or so, I didn't yet know about the greatness that was Zeppelin, but I at least knew who the fuck they were!
If it'll make you feel better, I'm 25, and The Who have been one of my favorite bands since I was old enough to have favorite bands.  Zeppelin, too.  I grew up with classic rock.  My mother remembers me when I was about two years old sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor singing "Bohemian Rhapsody" (not along with the song or anything, just out of the blue).   :D   She can also remember me telling her how much I liked Kansas when I was about five or six.