Author Topic: Belle and Sebastian  (Read 20990 times)

courtcrum

Belle and Sebastian
« on: October 27, 2003, 12:42:00 pm »
Is anyone else upset about the Belle and Sebastian situation tomorrow nite? I bought tickets in advance months ago and now I have to leave early because 930 added a second show for the same nite. Everyone knows the second set is better, but I am not gunna pay $30 to see it  :(

mankie

Re: Belle and Sebastian
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 12:48:00 pm »
This issue has been brought up before...and although I feel your pain and agree with you, we are in the minority here so there's no sympathy coming from the board or the club...lets just suffer in silence and vow never to buy tickets for a 930 show in advance again.

I just hope there's only 20 people at the second show, which would deserve the greedy bastards (band and 930) right..which I know isn't going to happen but we can live in hope.

courtcrum

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 12:53:00 pm »
I disagree with you. You want to allow the 930 to charge us basically "per set".? That is not fine with me. Refusing to buy in advance does not solve the problem. It was false advertising to begin with. I bought tickets for a nite of B&S, not 3 hours. You realise the people who bought tickets for the second "show" will enjoy a longer set?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 12:54:00 pm »
the key point is that it was the bands idea to do the second show. thus letting fans unable to get tickets for the first show a chance to still see them. if it's a such a big deal sell the tickets to the first and get tickets to the second...
T.Rex

courtcrum

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2003, 12:56:00 pm »
Great suggestion, but who is gunna want my tickets for the first, slightly shorter show?

mankie

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2003, 12:56:00 pm »
Actually, we are in agreement, it's just that I ended up having to defend myself for being pissed off that they changed the programme after they had my money, like I was doing something wrong.

I was only trying to tell you not to waste your time complaning because nobody gives a rats arse now they have your cash.

eltee

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 12:57:00 pm »
Although I'm happy a ton of shows are at the club, and sometimes two in one night, I'm with you guys. Early shows are a pain to get to on time and you get kicked out immediately after. In the case of B&S, the early show sold out before I could get tickets and I can't make the late show.

nkotb

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2003, 12:58:00 pm »
Suffer in silence, eh?  

Besides, it doesn't look like the first show will be much shorter (if at all) than the second:

Early Show:
 Doors 7:30
 Opener 7:45
 BS 8:35

Late Show
 Doors 10:30
 Opener 11:00
 BS 11:40

B&S are starting the first show almost an hour and a half before the regular scheduled start time for a headliner.  

Originally posted by mankie:
 lets just suffer in silence and vow never to buy tickets for a 930 show in advance again.

I just hope there's only 20 people at the second show, which would deserve the greedy bastards (band and 930) right..which I know isn't going to happen but we can live in hope.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2003, 12:59:00 pm »
actually seth offered to refund your money...

and there is alot of assuming going on here that the first show is going to be shorter.  belle & sebstaine are very fan friendly band and i certainly don't see them wanting to screw over their fans.

secondly there maybe people who don't want a late night but still want to see them at the first show...
T.Rex

mankie

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2003, 12:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  the key point is that it was the bands idea to do the second show. thus letting fans unable to get tickets for the first show a chance to still see them. if it's a such a big deal sell the tickets to the first and get tickets to the second...
What a load of bollocks Kosmo and you know it. They wanted to double-dip on the cashola. You make it sound like they're doing us a favour, which would meand refunding those with tickets for the first show $15 each....are they?

To be honest, I'm not even looking forward to the show at this point knowing I'll get something sub-par..if the weather is like it is now I'll just throw my tickets in the trash and stay home.

Bags

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2003, 01:03:00 pm »
If you think B&S will play past 2:00 a.m., you're living a dream.  And I personally cannot fathom going to an 11:45 show and getting out at 1:30 on a school night.  Them's Velvet Lounge hours, and I gots work!

So you each really think they would have played for more than 2 hours had they kept to the original schedule?

But I sympathize that the early show is so early and the late show is so late.  As for me, I'm now skipping both and going to the High Heel Race, otherwise the early show would be PERFECT for me.

Originally posted by nkotbie:
  Suffer in silence, eh?  

Besides, it doesn't look like the first show will be much shorter (if at all) than the second:

Early Show:
 Doors 7:30
 Opener 7:45
 BS 8:35

Late Show
 Doors 10:30
 Opener 11:00
 BS 11:40

B&S are starting the first show almost an hour and a half before the regular scheduled start time for a headliner.  

Originally posted by mankie:
 lets just suffer in silence and vow never to buy tickets for a 930 show in advance again.

[/b]

courtcrum

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2003, 01:04:00 pm »
Sorry for bringing this up, I suppose people have already dealt with this.
 Who is Seth?
 And I suppose I assumed the first show was going to be shorter..thanks for the info.
  but you have to admitt the second show is gunna be better.. just like the second set of a show is better. Right?
 I will shutup now. I just wanted to try to start a revolution but no one wants to join me.

Bags

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2003, 01:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by CourtneyCrummett:

but you have to admitt the second show is gunna be better.. just like the second set of a show is better. Right?
What is this 'second set' concept you're talking about -- encores?  Second sets don't seem all tht common at 9:30 Club (or any club) shows, so I'm not sure why you think they'll be so drastically different.

courtcrum

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2003, 01:09:00 pm »
Yes, I agree second sets are not common for 930. I am speaking in theory.. I have only been here for 1 year. Concerts back home usually have 2 sets. The second set being better after a band gets going per say. I view the schedule for tomorrow nite as 2 sets.. that is all I am saying.

mankie

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2003, 01:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bagster:

Originally posted by CourtneyCrummett:

What is this 'second set' concept you're talking about -- encores?  Second sets don't seem all tht common at 9:30 Club (or any club) shows, so I'm not sure why you think they'll be so drastically different. [/b]
Actually, I've been to a few shows were there's a first and second set, it's like the band takes a break...only this time you pay another $30 to see the second half of the show!  ;)