Author Topic: No KOL rollcall?  (Read 3837 times)

TheDirector217

Re: No KOL rollcall?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 03:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by beedubyah:
  How were BRMC?
I prefered them to KOL.  Really tight. [/b]
The Director concurs. BRMC were tight.  I was impressed.  I will let Vansmack educate you all on my Kings Of Leon/DVD comparison theory.     :D

vansmack

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 03:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by TheDirector217:
  I will let Vansmack may educate you all on my Kings Of Leon/DVD comparison theory.     :D  
KOL are like that impulse DVD that you buy because you think you might want to check it out, then you watch it once and never again. You end up wishing you had just rented it.  

The Director was spot on.
27>34

Samantha

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 03:54:00 pm »

How were BRMC?
The Director concurs. BRMC were tight.  I was impressed.  I will let Vansmack educate you all on my Kings Of Leon/DVD comparison theory.      :D  [/b]
You guys made my day!  If I run into the BRMC boys tonight I am telling them.

I feel that way about just about all DVD's.  unless it's got someone really hot in it.

anybody going tonight?  I think I'm going to stay to see KoL this time, and come early to catch Simple Kid cause I got there at the last song last night.

TheDirector217

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2007, 04:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by Samantha:

How were BRMC?
The Director concurs. BRMC were tight.  I was impressed.  I will let Vansmack educate you all on my Kings Of Leon/DVD comparison theory.         :D     [/b]
You guys made my day!  If I run into the BRMC boys tonight I am telling them.

I feel that way about just about all DVD's.  unless it's got someone really hot in it.

anybody going tonight?  I think I'm going to stay to see KoL this time, and come early to catch Simple Kid cause I got there at the last song last night. [/b]
Well if you're hot, I suppose I could be convinced to show up.     ;)    

I kid, I kid . . .

Unless you really are hot, of course.

I'm a shallow, harmless flirt.  Pay me no mind . . .

Samantha

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2007, 04:10:00 pm »
I just posted my pic somewhere on here yesterday, so you could decide for yourself.  I think in the Smack thread.  for locating purposes.  Nobody located me.  (I was mostly hiding, though.)

vansmack

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2007, 04:25:00 pm »
  I just posted my pic somewhere on here yesterday, so you could decide for yourself.  I think in the Smack thread.  for locating purposes.  Nobody located me.  (I was mostly hiding, though.)
The best way for me to find you next time would be pig tails, a black bra, wife beater exposing a tattoo on your back/shoulder - wrist bands optional.  I never miss that.

Seriously, I did look for you after BRMC but it was packed.
27>34

TheDirector217

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2007, 04:29:00 pm »

The best way for me to find you next time would be pig tails, a black bra, wife beater exposing a tattoo on your back/shoulder - wrist bands optional.  I never miss that.

Seriously, I did look for you after BRMC but it was packed. [/b]
Ah, yes.  The pigtails were most def in effect last night.  The Director was pleased.  And I am not necessarily pleased by much . . .

*retreats from thread to perfect "puppeteering angles"*    :D

Samantha

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 04:33:00 pm »
oh my god, I actually wore pigtails to the BRMC show in Norfolk on Saturday night...it keeps the hair out of my eyes ok jeez

I try not to do that style too much anymore now that I'm 21.  I always worry someone is going to think my ID is fake.

I looked exactly like my photo last night.  without the brown roots what look like grey hairs showing cause I've dyed my hair since then.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007, 10:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by Cali:
  jag - you're right, lots of baseball hats but decent crowd

Haha. Looking back on the show I saw, I'd have to agree. At least as far as I remember. No clue though if a good bulk of them were the same people. When I went, KoL played last and by then I went upstairs to relax on the steps and watch from a distance which is something I never do. Figured that while I was there I may as well check out the other bands. Enjoyed the people watching aspect. That's when I noticed the hat factor.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2007, 11:15:00 pm »
how were the KINGS OF BLABBER?
(_|_)

Bartelby

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2007, 09:53:00 am »
Originally posted by Cali:
  there were quite a few drunk people last night.

jag - you're right, lots of baseball hats but decent crowd

glad the crowd was mixed age wise, no shoving is alwasys a good thing
hahahah.  Where were you standing?  I almost got eviscerated on the security barrier when KOL came on.  The baseball cap/drunk girlfriend quotient went up majorly right after BRMC finished...little f**kers got shi*-faced at the back-bar or elsewhere then decided they deserved the front seats...sigh.  BRMC killed it; love 'em even more than I did after last year's headlining show.  KOL:  So over them...btw:  I nominate the Followell's (sp?) for the worst new haircuts...and lose the plaid hunting shirts...too close to your roots, dudes!

Cali

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2007, 11:36:00 am »
i had a right stage view from the balcony. the floor did get a bit rough, but not until the end, one guy was leaving with a bloody shirt...

i really enjoyed brmc & kol.  i think i'm in the minority on the kol though, at least on here. i kinda like how country they dress too. it's not sexy, but it's kinda cute in a country way.

monday's show was much better than sundays. not sure if it was the crowd, my view, or if the bands were more into the show.

xcanuck

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2007, 01:32:00 pm »
BRMC were fantastic last night. The show last night reminded me of the kind of the performance they put on during the "Take Them On..." tour. A lot more aggressive than the "Howl" tour. "Stop" was particularly ferocious. Great stuff. I hope someone can post a set list. I don't recall hearing "Shuffle Your Feet" and that's one that I would have liked to have heard.

The idiot factor was pretty high last night (I'm assuming courtesy of the KoL fan base). I've never seen quite so many people paraded out of the club for various alcohol related offenses. Lots of frat boys with bimbettes on their arms barreling through people without concern for other people. I'm glad I hung back at the bar and was nowhere near the front.

I left after about three or four KoL songs. I mean, they're not a bad band...but why the heck were they headlining. I just didn't get them, I guess.

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2007, 02:12:00 pm »
I don't get it. In your first paragraph you praise aggressive behavior, and in your second paragraph you put it down.

Originally posted by xcanuck:
  BRMC were fantastic last night. The show last night reminded me of the kind of the performance they put on during the "Take Them On..." tour. A lot more aggressive than the "Howl" tour. "Stop" was particularly ferocious. Great stuff. I hope someone can post a set list. I don't recall hearing "Shuffle Your Feet" and that's one that I would have liked to have heard.

The idiot factor was pretty high last night (I'm assuming courtesy of the KoL fan base). I've never seen quite so many people paraded out of the club for various alcohol related offenses. Lots of frat boys with bimbettes on their arms barreling through people without concern for other people. I'm glad I hung back at the bar and was nowhere near the front.

I left after about three or four KoL songs. I mean, they're not a bad band...but why the heck were they headlining. I just didn't get them, I guess.

Samantha

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 05:18:00 pm »
ah I am very happy about all the converts.  BRMC SHALL TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

I have no input for the moment, I'm still recovering.