Author Topic: Glastonbury 2005 Questions  (Read 844 times)

sonickteam2

Glastonbury 2005 Questions
« on: January 21, 2005, 12:34:00 pm »
ok, so I have decided to try to make this work this year, and head to Glastonbury.  but I am finding it difficult to read through ALL of the information to find some answers, so if anyone has answers, please help me out.

1. do you have to camp there? can we get a hotel nearby? i'd rather not camp if possible.

ok, I guess I just have that one big question.

anyone know?  and if so, know of an area to book a room?

markie

Re: Glastonbury 2005 Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 12:47:00 pm »
I think you would be better off camping. Its going to be real hard to get a room nearby and in and out of the place might be a several hour journey.

Better be organised to get tickets too. It'll sell out instantly.

sonickteam2

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 12:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by Forumie Partie Markie:
  I think you would be better off camping. Its going to be real hard to get a room nearby and in and out of the place might be a several hour journey.

Better be organised to get tickets too. It'll sell out instantly.
right. thats what i was thinking.  getting back to the room at 3am and then waking up at 7am to get back to the stages could defeat the purpose of the room.

I'll be on the ball for tickets.

how is the campgrounds anyway?  as long as its not like Woodstock 99!

markie

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 02:01:00 pm »
I have not been personally. But, I have read plenty about it.....

The campgrounds sound bearable. But I think the point is that you are meant to spend the whole time in a drug and alcohol induced haze.

Jerrinna

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 02:45:00 pm »
i went in 1999.  i am pretty sure that you have to camp because there is nothing really around.  You have to hike into the site which is kind of painful so pack light.  Its definitely worth the trip though.  Just an amazing environment.