Author Topic: Decent restaurant around Tower Theater?  (Read 1940 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Decent restaurant around Tower Theater?
« on: September 26, 2007, 10:07:00 pm »
does anyone have a suggestion for a decent restaurant within a mile or two of the tower theater in upper darby?  i've only been to the tower once, and i don't remember seeing much in the immediate vicinity.  not necessarily looking for white linen and a maitre d', but hopefully something a notch up from a a burrito shack or pub grub.  thanks!
<sig>

thatguy

• Global Moderator
Re: Decent restaurant around Tower Theater?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 04:10:00 am »
there's a bar right across from the loading entrance to the tower that had pretty decent food when i was there last year.  better than your average bar food, at least.

bnyced0

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 09:22:00 am »
You're taking Septa to 69th Street right?  Just jump off on Market somewhere between 11th & 15th and get a meal around there, you'll have no more than 10 minutes to wait on a train once you wonder back to the subway and your options won't be limited.

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 09:36:00 am »
When I asked about snitch I got a smartass 'google it' response, but yet you get real answers when you ask about a venue. You must have bigger boobs than me.    ;)
xoxo

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 10:00:00 am »
That bar across the alleyway is a little rough looking.  But I only drank there.

When I go up there I eat downtown and drive to the theatre.  It's maybe 15 minutes and your options are much improved.  The area around the Tower Theatre is a tad dicey.  Not dangerous but not great, either.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 10:21:00 am »
Eat at The Birchmere here before you travel to The Tower Theater.  You won't regret it.

bnyced0

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 10:35:00 am »
Originally posted by 6949:
  When I asked about snitch I got a smartass 'google it' response, but yet you get real answers when you ask about a venue. You must have bigger boobs than me.     ;)  
smartasses? on this board?  Sweet has respectable cleavage, but it's his big ole bootie that seals the deal.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 11:07:00 am »
BEN franklin'S CHILI BELL!

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 01:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by StoneTheCrow:
  That bar across the alleyway is a little rough looking.  But I only drank there.

nothing but friendly folk when i was there.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 05:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:

Originally posted by StoneTheCrow:

nothing but friendly folk when i was there. [/b]
yup, i've eaten there - nice enough place, but i think the "rough looking" does cover its appearance...  i have nothing against dive bars and often seek them out, but this time i was hoping for something a tad nicer to take the lady to in hopes that she doesn't start referring to the tower as "that nice old concert venue with the great shows and lousy bars"  ;)  [/b][/quote]while the beer intake has been up and the exercising down a bit as of late, i hope for your sake that you boobs are bigger than mine!  i was asking for a *recommendation* - something that you can't get from google.  i saw that there are options in the 'hood via goole maps, i wanted to know if any of them were any good.
<sig>