Author Topic: Glenstone Museum  (Read 8761 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Glenstone Museum
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2019, 01:54:26 pm »
Anyone have any advice on getting in here with a "ticket"? Second month in a row I have been online at 10am on the dot only to find all Saturday shifts fully booked.

I've been dying for Julian's review of the Glenstone.
Highly recommend. Would/will go again. A very relaxing place.
but did you take the bus....
No. If you read all of this thread you would know Vas gave me his tickets for which I have sent him a 9:30 Gift Card.
LVMH

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2021, 12:08:49 pm »
Anyone have any advice on getting in here with a "ticket"? Second month in a row I have been online at 10am on the dot only to find all Saturday shifts fully booked.
So is the only source for a ticket Glenstone Museum Vas's generosity?
I forgot that I had to get on at 10AM on the 1st to score one of these and my only hope at an October visit is highly unlikely due to my bad mojo on scoring tickets
slack

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2021, 12:17:47 pm »
So is the only source for a ticket Glenstone Museum Vas's generosity?
I forgot that I had to get on at 10AM on the 1st to score one of these and my only hope at an October visit is highly unlikely due to my bad mojo on scoring tickets
Ive been three or four times now and start looking 2-3 days before your desired date every hour or so. You’d be surprised how easy it is to get tickets if you only need 2. Don’t know if they hold some back or people say they can’t use them but it’s worked for me two out of two times attempted.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2021, 03:38:08 pm »
It used to be that you didn't need tickets  if you rode the RideOn bus there. I dont know if thats still the policy.

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2021, 04:16:11 pm »
It used to be that you didn't need tickets  if you rode the RideOn bus there. I dont know if thats still the policy.
They tabled this because of COVID. The bus doesn’t even stop there anymore (unless it restarted recently).

That said, once this arrangement resumes: this is the way and we should all be grateful to grateful for sharing this with us, a strategy I used for one of my four visits.
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2021, 04:42:23 pm »
Interesting… looks like they been raking the cash lately and I like their philosophy

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/billionaire-duo-keeps-danaher-grip-while-giving-2433-billion/ar-AALAAja?ocid=uxbndlbing

The sample art I checked out does nothing for me… don’t see myself going but enjoy

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2021, 04:51:36 pm »
Interesting… looks like they been raking the cash lately and I like their philosophy

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/billionaire-duo-keeps-danaher-grip-while-giving-2433-billion/ar-AALAAja?ocid=uxbndlbing

The sample art I checked out does nothing for me… don’t see myself going but enjoy
Their collection is, honestly, 50% crap. The entire “museum” is a tax shell. They have some incredible art — the cabins in the back and room 2 (the standard shit) — but their hit rate couldn’t be more off as buyers.

As far as pure “have they bought the zeitgeist,” Phillips and Kreeger trounce them. That said, I’m glad Glenstone exists and it’s the most interesting thing to happen to modern US art museums in decades. (Conceptually.)
LVMH