Author Topic: weird shit you think only you do/did  (Read 20554 times)

vansmack

Re: weird shit you think only you do/did
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2007, 03:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:
  Most of you have SERIOUS OCD issues.

We all have a little OCD - and that's sort of the point of this thread. It very easily could have been called "What is your OCD?"
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2007, 03:44:00 pm »
i wash my hands with lava soap until they bleed ... it adds a few hours to my day, but it's worth it to get that really fresh feeling
(o|o)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2007, 03:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by SalParadise:

Originally posted by TheDirector217:
  [QUOTE If I'm feeling a particular song at the moment, it's nothing for me repeat it for a good hour or two in a row.  

i once listened to bob dylan's "boots of spanish leather" on repeat for 2 hours straight. it was one of the darker times in salparadise's life. [/b]
Once on acid a friend and I listened to "Here Comes Your Man" by the Pixies and just marvled at it's perfection.  We concluded that it was the greatest pop song ever written.

SalParadise

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2007, 04:02:00 pm »
if i'm eating animal crackers... i'll subject the animal to a slow death.

like first i'll eat a leg off... and then an arm.. when i'm done w/ the limbs i'll bite the head off.

then i pop the torso in.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2007, 04:08:00 pm »
This is my peeing in a public bathroom routine -

Pee - flush with foot - pull down paper towel ready to dry hands with - turn on water - wash hands - dry hands - with towel turn off water - with towel open bathroom door - toss paper towel into bin - push bathroom door open with foot to get out.

At home I pee - wash my hands and go back to the telly....can I have an ocd about public bathrooms alone?

Here's another one - everytime I walk past my bike, which is at least twice a day, I pat the saddle as if I was patting my pet dog. What's up with that?

If I hear a song that I absolutely love I get goosebumps, if I hear a song that's being played on the radio instead of my cd, it sounds even better.   :eek:

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2007, 04:16:00 pm »
While we're on the subject of public restrooms...

I work in an office where there are about 15 men and 10 women. We have our own office restrooms separate from others in our building.

I can always tell when the boss comes into the bathroom. He grabs the door by the handle and slams it down, then slams the door open. If you're anywhere near the door (for example in front of the full length mirror that's adjacent to the door), you're going to get the door slammed right into you. He's that quick about it.

Lately, he's added a feature that he sort of drop kicks the door open after slamming the handle down, presumably so he can crush you with the door even faster and harder.

Other than that, he's a real likeable and seemingly boringly normal guy.

vansmack

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2007, 04:34:00 pm »
My only public restroom OCD is that I have a really wide stance and like to tap my foot to the beat of the last song I heard.
27>34

Samantha

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2007, 04:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:

Pee - flush with foot - pull down paper towel ready to dry hands with - turn on water - wash hands - dry hands - with towel turn off water - with towel open bathroom door - toss paper towel into bin - push bathroom door open with foot to get out.

at which point do put your junk back in?  or is that not included anywhere within that same time period?

Samantha

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2007, 04:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  My only public restroom OCD is that I have a really wide stance and like to tap my foot to the beat of the last song I heard.
I was waiting for that.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2007, 04:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by Samantha:
  last weekend at a club I was in the restroom washing my hands as these other two ladies walked in, I missed the convo but the one was telling the other how she always uses the first restroom stall because it's statistically used less, and therefore cleaner.

I felt a weight lifted from my shoulders.  For the longest time I've been anal (har, no pun intended) about using the first stall for the same reason and thought there was something wrong with me for being OCD about something so ridiculous.  I'm so relieved I'm not the only one, and I told her so.  There was a moment of bonding before she took a wee.

Except I don't like to tell people that story, or about my strange habit, in case the use of the first stall becomes more widespread and thus makes that stall the dirtiest, instead.

So please keep this to yourselves.  Thank you.
I DO THAT TOO!

I also have these weird things...when I get really cold, I have like...shiver spasms.  It's like one giant shiver.  People always think it's weird, but I just found out a friend of mine gets them too...anyone else?  What the hell is this?

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2007, 04:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by Samantha:

at which point do put your junk back in?  or is that not included anywhere within that same time period? [/b]
My apologies, that part comes after 'pee' and before 'flush with foot'

Samantha

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2007, 04:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be betty:
  I DO THAT TOO!

argh I said DON'T TELL ME!!!  Now I will never be able to use a public restroom for fear of stall-choosing.

Samantha

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2007, 04:46:00 pm »
 My apologies, that part comes after 'pee' and before 'flush with foot'
thx 4 clarifying

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2007, 10:26:00 pm »
i never ever grab any item in the front...whether it be the pop in the cooler, the can, the shirt, whatever... and if there is only one thing left on the shelf, aisle, rack, etc... i will often have a mini panic attack in my head and then walk away emptyhanded.

also, i don't let my foods touch on a plate - as a result, i often use multiple plates. the only exceptions is mexican food. potatoes and corn are also allowed to cohabitate.
nothx

Here's the thing

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2007, 10:58:00 pm »
When I was a meat-eater, I used to eat my Big Mac one layer at a time - top bun, patty, middle bun, patty, bottom bun. I use the same theory when eating pizza, but usually reserve the cheese for last.