Author Topic: Sold-out shows - Lines  (Read 3000 times)

freddyadu

Sold-out shows - Lines
« on: January 24, 2005, 01:34:00 pm »
I've never been to a sold-out show at the 9:30 Club.  There a couple that are sold out that I have tickets to.  My dilemma is that I prefer to be in the first three rows of standing people to see live music.  

As a general rule, how early do I have to be lining up outside in order to guarantee my spot near the front by the stage? (not necessarily front and center, but front and to the right would be enough).

Random Citizen

Re: Sold-out shows - Lines
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 01:39:00 pm »
I'd say at least 60-90 minutes before the doors open. It really depends on the performer and how rabid their fans are, though.

ratioci nation

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 01:44:00 pm »
i really dont think lining up early is necessary, at most sold shows there is room to the side which can be reached without being a complete asshole, and even if you get there early somebody will push their way in front of you

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 01:48:00 pm »
The general rule with sold out shows is that you should sell your ticket on ebay.

Arthwys

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 01:56:00 pm »
As I am big fan of being at the very front next to the stage, I've managed to get there for such crazy sold out shows as the Darkness and Velvet Revolver...without pushing and shoving, I simply got there first. I typically arrive to get in line a good hour and a half before doors open.  Even if you are 30-40 people back in line just make a beeline for the stage when you get in and stake out a spot and you should be in a prime position to enjoy the show.  Surprisingly a lot of people that stand in line really early tend to go to the bar or just mill around for a while.

I find that the front is better for a number of reasons, your face is out in the open, not directly behind a large, smelly, sweating somebody.  You have the barrier/stage to lean on, so you give your feet a break, and of course you can see every member of the band, all the time.
Emrys

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 02:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by freddyadu:
  I've never been to a sold-out show at the 9:30 Club.  There a couple that are sold out that I have tickets to.  My dilemma is that I prefer to be in the first three rows of standing people to see live music.  

As a general rule, how early do I have to be lining up outside in order to guarantee my spot near the front by the stage? (not necessarily front and center, but front and to the right would be enough).
my favorite spot is stage-right, just out from the food stand and in front of the stacks ... i can almost always get a spot there for me and whoever i'm with for a sold-out show without getting there early at all ... only part that sucks is that its a heavy traffic area with people going to and from the center from the bar ....
(o|o)

markie

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2005, 02:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
 in front of the stacks ...
Good way to guarantee deafness.

K8teebug

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2005, 02:21:00 pm »
If you want to be against the stage, get there about an hour ahead of time.  It also depends on what sold out show you're going to see.

I usually get there later and just hang out on the left by the bar.  There aren't too many people pushing there and you can see just fine.

Another option is to get there and run up to the second floor and stand against the railing.

eltee

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2005, 03:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by Forumie Partie Markie:

Good way to guarantee deafness. [/b]
or get picked on at an Interpol show...

kcjones119

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2005, 03:29:00 pm »
Ahhh sweet sweet railing.

freddyadu

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2005, 04:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by K8teebug:
  If you want to be against the stage, get there about an hour ahead of time.
An hour before doors open or an hour before the first band is scheduled to play?

Random Citizen

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2005, 04:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by freddyadu:
  An hour before doors open or an hour before the first band is scheduled to play?
Doors.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2005, 05:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by El Tee:

Originally posted by Forumie Partie Markie:

Good way to guarantee deafness. [/b]
or get picked on at an Interpol show... [/b]
touche, mon frere
(o|o)