Author Topic: HOLY CRAP - NEW RADIOHEAD ALBUM 10/10/07  (Read 55753 times)

vansmack

Re: HOLY CRAP - NEW RADIOHEAD ALBUM 10/10/07
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2007, 02:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by eros:
  Has anyone else had trouble with their credit card on the site?
Nope, your credit card worked just fine for my copy.  Thanks again!
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2007, 02:56:00 pm »
someone here at work was unable to get his credit card to work earlier today, so no you're not alone.

i suspect that the problems are due to volume - i had them last night when the news first broke, you're having them today might be because it's the first day back in the office.  i suggest waiting a while and trying again, hopefully they will have patched things up at their end.  you have until the 10th   :)
<sig>

eros

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2007, 03:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

someone here at work was unable to get his credit card to work earlier today, so no you're not alone.

i suspect that the problems are due to volume - i had them last night when the news first broke, you're having them today might be because it's the first day back in the office.  i suggest waiting a while and trying again, hopefully they will have patched things up at their end.  you have until the 10th    :)  [/b]
I think this is still where the problem lies.  Radiohead (or any single entity) themselves don't seem to have the bandwidth capacity to handle a crush like this.  I'm writing this as the site is hung up/crashing in another window.  If they can't handle the ordering side of it, what's going to happen next week when everyone comes back for their 75 MB download?

Maybe I'll just download a torrent of it so I can still feel all dirty.    :D
ʎɐʍou

sonickteam2

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2007, 03:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, good manners AFICIONADO:

Originally posted by le sonick:
   and please, never EVer EVER EVER compare Radiohead to the complete shite of Smashing Pumpkins,
Well since you bring them up... Corgan did beat Radiohead to the "free album online" concept by, oh, 7 years. [/b]
oh wow, so that makes the pumpkins a better band....even IF you believe that it was actually Corgan himself's idea. which is most probably wasnt. try again.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2007, 03:19:00 pm »
  oh wow, so that makes the pumpkins a better band....even IF you believe that it was actually Corgan himself's idea. which is most probably wasnt. try again.
Who said that made the Pumpkins the better band? I simply pointed out that while the entire internet is going, "OMG, unprecedented!" that it's actually quite precedented.

And by all accounts, it was Billy's idea to finish those recording session and release it for free. You think Corgan wanted to release it on a label and Iha stole it from him in the middle of the night, pressed copies, and sent it to places for hosting? Get real.

I seriously don't know where you get half your ad populum ideas from. This ranks right up there with you being "subjected to reunions."   :roll:

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2007, 03:21:00 pm »
 If they can't handle the ordering side of it, what's going to happen next week when everyone comes back for their 75 MB download?
i PRAY that they've contracted a content distribution network, like akamai, level 3 or edgecast... no single site would be able to handle a surge for that much content.

if they haven't got a CDN onboard, forget about being able to DL the album (legally) on 10/12.  it'll be several days before most people can get through, by which time it'll be available elsewhere.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2007, 03:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove1979:

Originally posted by The Parkers are dead:

Originally posted by kosmo:
  First Smashing Pumpkins and now Radiohead, this place sure has gotten DULL around here...
You forgot Queens of the Stone Age and Foo Fighters [/b]
seriously...this place doesnt seem much different from a DC101 message board in terms of bands discussed. (i dont know if there is a DC101 message board) [/b]
Someone has sand in their vagina. [/b]
someone must have sand in their ears to swoon over a shitty band like QOTSA [/b]
Whatever you say, go hump your Morrissey and National records.
‼‼?‼‼

Big KC

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2007, 03:43:00 pm »
for anyone who's heard these tracks...

as someone who hasn't been a fan of the past 10 years, do I stand a chance of liking this? or is it more Kid A - Hail to the Thief...?

sonickteam2

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2007, 04:04:00 pm »

Who said that made the Pumpkins the better band? I simply pointed out that while the entire internet is going, "OMG, unprecedented!" that it's actually quite precedented.

And by all accounts, it was Billy's idea to finish those recording session and release it for free. You think Corgan wanted to release it on a label and Iha stole it from him in the middle of the night, pressed copies, and sent it to places for hosting? Get real.

I seriously don't know where you get half your ad populum ideas from. This ranks right up there with you being "subjected to reunions."    :roll:  [/b]
lets recap.

1. i say, dont compare the pumpkins to radiohead cause the pumpkins suck.  

2. Corgan did beat Radiohead to the "free album online" concept by, oh, 7 years.

so youre comment was not really in response and basically in no way related to my original comment.

i just figured since you replied to my post you were sort of answering it or challenging it.

and then went on some rant about precendence and me not liking reunions, which i dont. and since when is that ad populum anyway.  

perhaps only because so many shitty bands have been on reunion tours lately.  

just because most people agree doesnt mean they are agreeing just to agree, maybe its really true!

and lastly, i never said that Radiohead has done anything "unprecedented"......other than musically blowing every other band on earth out of the studio...

sonickteam2

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2007, 04:06:00 pm »

so would you believe it if you heard that Corgan made his own instruments and carries his own gear, sets up the stage, cooks meals for the bands and drives the tour bus...or do you think he has a busdriver, roadies, cooks, and ...gasp....marketing people to make these sorts of "unprecedented" decisions??  

lol. i think you need to get real and get your wee head out from billy's armpit!  :)

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2007, 04:06:00 pm »

so youre comment was not really in response and basically in no way related to my original comment.
What messageboard have you been on? Easily 97% of my posts on here are only tangentially related to the subject at hand!

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2007, 04:09:00 pm »
  so would you believe it if you heard that Corgan made his own instruments and carries his own gear, sets up the stage, cooks meals for the bands and drives the tour bus...or do you think he has a busdriver, roadies, cooks, and ...gasp....marketing people to make these sorts of "unprecedented" decisions??  
Just so I understand, you want me to believe his marketing people and his agent -- who are in the $ making business -- said, "Billy, go take that record that'd easily go gold like your last 5 and instead of selling it, give it out for free on the internet and accept no money for it"? That's what you want me to believe: that it wasn't the guy who'd already made his millions who said he had enough money and just wanted the music out there, but rather that it was his marketing people?

And this free album was a marketing ploy for what exactly -- to promote the non-existent tour they had in support of it?

manimtired

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2007, 04:11:00 pm »

Originally posted by The Parkers are dead:

Originally posted by kosmo:
  First Smashing Pumpkins and now Radiohead, this place sure has gotten DULL around here...
You forgot Queens of the Stone Age and Foo Fighters [/b]
seriously...this place doesnt seem much different from a DC101 message board in terms of bands discussed. (i dont know if there is a DC101 message board) [/b]
Someone has sand in their vagina. [/b]
someone must have sand in their ears to swoon over a shitty band like QOTSA [/b]
Whatever you say, go hump your Morrissey and National records. [/b]
http://www.dc101.com/main.html

ggw

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2007, 04:25:00 pm »
 "Radiohead blows every other band on earth out of the studio."
 "Radiohead has more talent than any other band"
Originally posted by sweetcell:
 watershed
Originally posted by ixpd-bk:
 "mind blowing"
As soon as someone posts something with the word "revolutionary" in it, I'll have five across on my Radiohead-Dweeb-Hyperbole bingo card.

vansmack

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2007, 04:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  As soon as someone posts something with the word "revolutionary" in it, I'll have five across on my Radiohead-Dweeb-Hyperbole bingo card.
I have "Legendary" but I'm too lazy to search the post to see if I've won...
27>34