Author Topic: Coachella '07 - post confirmed acts here  (Read 21927 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Coachella '07 - post confirmed acts here
« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2007, 01:06:00 pm »
I see.
احمد

starrdogg92

« Reply #151 on: April 24, 2007, 01:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by bnyced0:

Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  Hilarious that super lame Tiesto gets top billing over RHCP.
Merely playing last on the mainstage isn't considered "top billing."  Talib Kweli/Mos Def (impromtu Blackstar reunion) played the mainstage LAST after Radiohead in 2004. Chemical Brothers closed the mainstage over the headliner Bjork in 2002, And finally Underworld played after Beck in 1999.  Sometimes the "headliner" asks for an earlier time, other times Paul puts a dance act to close out the night to take advantage of the extra space, and great view. [/b]
Not to nitpick, but Blackstar actually closed out the festival on Sunday night of Coachella 2005, after Nine Inch Nails. Radiohead in '04 was odd because they finished their set around 10:45 and no one came onto the mainstage after them (Wilco had cancelled, and they weren't replaced). Kraftwerk played in the Sahara Tent that night after Radiohead though, maybe that's what you were thinking of.

bnyced0

« Reply #152 on: April 24, 2007, 01:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by starrdogg92:

Originally posted by bnyced0:

Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  Hilarious that super lame Tiesto gets top billing over RHCP.
Merely playing last on the mainstage isn't considered "top billing."  Talib Kweli/Mos Def (impromtu Blackstar reunion) played the mainstage LAST after Radiohead in 2004. Chemical Brothers closed the mainstage over the headliner Bjork in 2002, And finally Underworld played after Beck in 1999.  Sometimes the "headliner" asks for an earlier time, other times Paul puts a dance act to close out the night to take advantage of the extra space, and great view. [/b]
Not to nitpick, but Blackstar actually closed out the festival on Sunday night of Coachella 2005, after Nine Inch Nails. Radiohead in '04 was odd because they finished their set around 10:45 and no one came onto the mainstage after them (Wilco had cancelled, and they weren't replaced). Kraftwerk played in the Sahara Tent that night after Radiohead though, maybe that's what you were thinking of. [/b]
Please nitpick, I was just pulling shit out of my old brain, on the fly, so it was inevitable I was going to get some of the 7 years mixed up.  But the point is still that it's not uncommon that the "headliner" doesn't close out the mainstage but still retains top billing. But in the quest for correctness I'll try to do better in getting my facts together before posting and don't have any problem being called on it, would have done it myself.