Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1180107 times)

James Ford

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #1980 on: September 06, 2013, 09:46:51 am »
The first two seasons are on Netflix Instant. Though admittedly, I watched the first episode, got bored, and gave up.

No one else is watching Luther?  This series is at the level of The Wire and Breaking Bad. Brilliant writing, acting and production.  Seriously damaged lead character played by Idris Elba investigating serious screwed up criminals.
I've never even heard of this show. What network is it on?

It's a BBC production that BBCAmerica is currently showing the latest four episode series of it.  Might be able to catch on the repeats, as they showed all four episodes in a row this time around. Like many BBC series, Luther is in third go around of 6 and 4 show sets. 

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1981 on: September 06, 2013, 10:34:27 am »
Your loss James,.show is brilliant.

Not sure about Ray Donovan, show is movingat a snail's pace.

Broadchurch is good, but it too is kinda slow.  It's paced a bit like the killing.
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #1982 on: September 06, 2013, 10:35:24 am »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1983 on: September 06, 2013, 10:39:36 am »
yada . . . that it is whats wrong with this country.  that is what is wrong with these people that inhabit this earth.  this girl was just having some fun, shaking her butt.  she can shake her butt.  there is nothing wrong with her butt shaking.  and then an accident happens.  and then it gets out of control.  and then someone could get hurt, for real.  and then its on youtube, and people are going epic fail and lol.  the extraterrestrial people are tired of youtubes epic fails.  they are tired of loling.

Yada

« Reply #1984 on: September 06, 2013, 10:42:42 am »
yada . . . that it is whats wrong with this country.  that is what is wrong with these people that inhabit this earth.  this girl was just having some fun, shaking her butt.  she can shake her butt.  there is nothing wrong with her butt shaking.  and then an accident happens.  and then it gets out of control.  and then someone could get hurt, for real.  and then its on youtube, and people are going epic fail and lol.  the extraterrestrial people are tired of youtubes epic fails.  they are tired of loling.

hopefully DMX's stop, drop. rolllllll song was next in her playlist.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1985 on: September 06, 2013, 10:51:25 am »
I'm actively hatewatching this show at this point. I have no idea why I keep DVRing it and watching it at this point, its so terrible. The Southie/Boston accents are all over the place too.
LVMH

stevewizzle

« Reply #1986 on: September 06, 2013, 10:54:46 am »
I'm actively hatewatching this show at this point. I have no idea why I keep DVRing it and watching it at this point, its so terrible. The Southie/Boston accents are all over the place too.

i'm on episode 5 or 6, and it's starting to lose some steam with me.  the first few episodes were gold.

stevewizzle

« Reply #1987 on: September 06, 2013, 10:56:51 am »
Your loss James,.show is brilliant.

Broadchurch is good, but it too is kinda slow.  It's paced a bit like the killing.

i never got into the killing, but i've heard it's the killing, except it's based on a beach in the UK instead of Seattle.

« Reply #1988 on: September 06, 2013, 11:01:21 am »
The Bridge is actually really, really good but no one seems to talk about it.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1989 on: September 06, 2013, 11:26:35 am »
Totally enjoying the bridge...

So let's see The Killing is based on a Danish show, which the BBC chooses to do a version of. And then Fox picks up Broadchuch.
T.Rex

« Reply #1990 on: September 06, 2013, 11:33:17 am »

So let's see The Killing is based on a Danish show, which the BBC chooses to do a version of. And then Fox picks up Broadchuch.
The Bridge is also based on a Danish show. I also think I read somewhere that when it was being ported over to America, it was intended to be Detroit and Windsor, ON.

It's weird how AMC and FX basically switched places in the "home of serious dramas not on premium stations" rankings in like a one year period.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #1991 on: September 06, 2013, 04:59:13 pm »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1992 on: September 06, 2013, 05:16:24 pm »
what . . . guitar?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1993 on: September 06, 2013, 06:46:48 pm »

The Bridge is also based on a Danish show. I also think I read somewhere that when it was being ported over to America, it was intended to be Detroit and Windsor, ON.

It's weird how AMC and FX basically switched places in the "home of serious dramas not on premium stations" rankings in like a one year period.

I'm curious about both the original versions of The Bridge and Low Winter Sun.   Low Winter Sun in particular because they use the same actor in both.

Not sure how good The Bridge would have been with a Detroit/Windsor connection, as the addition of the Mexican Cartels really heats up the intrigue.  Because as we know sweetcell, er Canadians are a pretty dull lot ;)
T.Rex

killsaly

« Reply #1994 on: September 09, 2013, 04:24:49 pm »
http://www.coopercenter.org/demographics/Racial-Dot-Map#themap
an interesting map on racial breakdown of the US using 2010 census data.