Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3243908 times)

BrettnotBritt

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #7125 on: July 12, 2016, 12:19:59 pm »
In Ohio/WV for work and noticed Lagunitas Sucks sixers on the shelves! We have to be getting these soon, right?! I love that beer with a passion.

Also, Columbus is an AMAZING beer city. Bodhi by CBC is a Top 5 beer for me, plus I got it on draft for $5! And that was right after a glass of Alpha King.

I'll be passing through Columbus on the way to Chicago in a few weeks. Hoping to grab all the usual suspects on that trip...Zombie Dust, White Rajah, Headhunter, may shoot up to Wisconsin and grab some New Glarus...may stop at Hoof Hearted and Seventh Son in Columbus and maybe hit he new Lagunitas Brewery in chicago...but perhaps the most exciting news of that trip is....

Columbus Brewing Co. announced that its award-winning double India pale ale, Bodhi, will be offered in bottles on July 16.

:o

That is very exciting. Switched jobs so don't hit travel to OH anymore but that's a very trade-worthy beer. What's great is that a lot of Columbus bars have it on tap, too.

Bagley

« Reply #7126 on: July 12, 2016, 12:51:04 pm »
Checked out RAR in Cambridge, Md over the weekend.  Fun place.  Liked their American IPA (New Englandy).  Highly drinkable at 6%

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7127 on: July 12, 2016, 12:55:13 pm »
In Ohio/WV for work and noticed Lagunitas Sucks sixers on the shelves! We have to be getting these soon, right?! I love that beer with a passion.

Also, Columbus is an AMAZING beer city. Bodhi by CBC is a Top 5 beer for me, plus I got it on draft for $5! And that was right after a glass of Alpha King.

I'll be passing through Columbus on the way to Chicago in a few weeks. Hoping to grab all the usual suspects on that trip...Zombie Dust, White Rajah, Headhunter, may shoot up to Wisconsin and grab some New Glarus...may stop at Hoof Hearted and Seventh Son in Columbus and maybe hit he new Lagunitas Brewery in chicago...but perhaps the most exciting news of that trip is....

Columbus Brewing Co. announced that its award-winning double India pale ale, Bodhi, will be offered in bottles on July 16.

:o

That is very exciting. Switched jobs so don't hit travel to OH anymore but that's a very trade-worthy beer. What's great is that a lot of Columbus bars have it on tap, too.
Horrible beer. Not only is it not from Michigan, but it is from Ohio. And not only is it from Ohio, its from peak-asshole Ohio.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #7128 on: July 12, 2016, 03:04:58 pm »
I'm generally not a cream ale kind of guy, but dang if this isn't quite tasty.

However, tt 5.5% abv and $15/six pack, it might make sidehutch fall behind on the mortgage payments for the McMansion.  ;)

« Reply #7129 on: July 12, 2016, 03:34:06 pm »
McMansion. 
more of an ArbysCraftsman

so what was the STPQ on that?
You're going to have to add that to all your post now
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #7130 on: July 12, 2016, 03:57:04 pm »
McMansion. 
more of an ArbysCraftsman

so what was the STPQ on that?
You're going to have to add that to all your post now

Same price as Kirsch Gose, about the same STR, so STPQ 32.4.

Tonight we are doing a faceoff with Founders KBS vs. Weyerbacher Sunday Morning Stout. I fully expect the KBS to have the higher STR, but it will be interesting to see which wins the STPQ as the KBS is pricier. And by "we" I could possibly mean me, as my wife is sometimes not a big stout drinker.

Then again, that's a lot of bourbon stout to drink in one 90 degree weekday evening,  we may have to spread it over two nights.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7131 on: July 12, 2016, 04:34:28 pm »
Then again, that's a lot of bourbon stout to drink in one 90 degree weekday evening,  we may have to spread it over two nights.

save it for friday night then.

or, you know, man up ;D
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #7132 on: July 12, 2016, 04:48:26 pm »

However, tt 5.5% abv and $15/six pack, it might make sidehutch fall behind on the mortgage payments for the McMansion.  ;)

Isn't Ballast Point owned by some conglomerate now?  Might as well be drinking Blue Moon...

Space Freely

« Reply #7133 on: July 12, 2016, 08:16:06 pm »

Isn't Ballast Point owned by some conglomerate now?  Might as well be drinking Blue Moon...

Good beer is good beer.

vansmack

« Reply #7134 on: July 12, 2016, 08:17:41 pm »
27>34

« Reply #7135 on: July 13, 2016, 08:41:16 am »
posting just cuz I thought this was a cool photo

they are doing a Adroit Theory Brewing Company‎ @Fireworks Arlington Beer Dinner
but no details other than 9/21
slack

« Reply #7136 on: July 13, 2016, 09:14:56 am »
some of you here have refined palets...so no need for a class.
but this does sound interesting...other than being in Fairfax and in wegmans on a Thursday
slack

« Reply #7137 on: July 13, 2016, 09:29:13 am »
I've mentioned this place before and they really have a great rotating tap list of local brews with a knowledgeable staff (IMO)

they are hosting their first fest and have the luck of facing a nice courtyard in the Tysons corner mall ( I know yuck)

Mark your calendar for the first Barrel & Bushel Virginia Craft Beer Festival! This event is bringing together more than 50 regional breweries showcasing the season's best brews! You'll be able to spend the afternoon meeting the brewers, tasting delicious handcrafted food, sampling the industry's best bourbons, listening to live music, and working on your tan. Your ticket includes a limited edition tasting glass, 2 drink tickets and some fun summer swag!

EVENT DETAILS
When
Saturday, July 16: 12pm - 7pm
Sunday, July 17: 12pm - 5pm
Where
Right outside Barrel & Bushel on the Tysons Corner Center Plaza situated between the Hyatt Regency Hotel and Lord and Taylor.

breweries
Brothers, Ocelot, Champion, Tall Tales, Bold Rock, Lickinghole Creek, Evolution, O'Connor, Flying Dog, South Street, Blue Mountain, Old Ox, Lost Rhino, Port City, Hardywood, Chaos Mountain, Devils Backbone, Fair Winds, Mad Fox, Adroit Theory, Starr Hill, DC Brau, Fordham & Dominion, Heavy Seas, Victory, Union, 3 Stars, Jailbreak, Center of the Universe, Mustang Sally, Three Notch?d, Wild Wolf, Dogfish Head, BadWolf, Parkway, Caboose, Old 690, Old Bust Head, Midnight Brewery, DuClaw, James River Brewing, Beer Hound, Forge Brew Works, Tröegs, Heritage, Jack's Hard Cider,

...no aslin :(
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 09:34:48 am by escotilha lateral |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| 🍺 👻 »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7138 on: July 20, 2016, 10:16:53 pm »
because when i think "dave mustaine", i think "4.5% saison" and/or "beer from quebec"... even the beer name, "a tout le monde", is totally on point!

Watch out for some exciting news people!

Dave Mustaine is getting ready to launch an exclusive Megadeth beer sensation in partnership with the world renowned Craft Brewery from Quebec, Unibroue.

Get ready for À TOUT LE MONDE coming soon in a location near you!

We look forward to telling you more about this brand new adventure launching in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, stay connected and don?t miss out!

Megadeth + Unibroue Present:
À TOUT LE MONDE, a Belgian Style Saison Ale
Coming Soon: www.megadethbeer.com

<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #7139 on: July 21, 2016, 12:32:14 pm »
because when i think "dave mustaine", i think "4.5% saison" and/or "beer from quebec"... even the beer name, "a tout le monde", is totally on point!

Watch out for some exciting news people!

Dave Mustaine is getting ready to launch an exclusive Megadeth beer sensation in partnership with the world renowned Craft Brewery from Quebec, Unibroue.

Get ready for À TOUT LE MONDE coming soon in a location near you!

We look forward to telling you more about this brand new adventure launching in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, stay connected and don?t miss out!

Megadeth + Unibroue Present:
À TOUT LE MONDE, a Belgian Style Saison Ale
Coming Soon: www.megadethbeer.com

What you're looking at is the future of France, if you vote Le Pen.