Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2120341 times)

hutch

Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #5970 on: August 25, 2016, 12:08:10 pm »
the Turtles - All the Singles

48 tracks... That is a ton of singles.

A sides only?

killsaly

« Reply #5971 on: August 25, 2016, 12:21:58 pm »
https://www.amazon.com/All-Singles-Turtles/dp/B01HEYDFJC
Two CD collection from the 60s pop hitmakers. All the Singles collects the A and B sides of every original 1965-1970 Turtles 45, with the tracks presented in the same mono or stereo mixes that were heard on the original singles. All the Singles also features several tracks that were prepared for singles release but not issued at the time. Meticulously researched and prepared from the original master tapes by renowned engineer Bill Inglot, and contains detailed liner notes by noted writer and archivist Andrew Sandoval. The resulting package offer a unique insight into one of rock's most misunderstood bands.

hutch

« Reply #5972 on: August 25, 2016, 12:36:28 pm »
^ok not THAT many singles then... at least half are b-sides.. with extra tracks you're probably talking less than 15 singles.... I like the Turtles.. have a few LPs and LP compilations..

anyways I'm listening to the Yabby You box set... amazing how the first I ever heard of this guy was last year.....

killsaly

« Reply #5973 on: August 25, 2016, 12:40:16 pm »
I am counting around 25 singles.  In six years...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Turtles_discography#Singles

hutch

« Reply #5974 on: August 25, 2016, 12:48:30 pm »
I am counting around 25 singles.  In six years...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Turtles_discography#Singles

yeah that is a lot....great vocals for T Rex too

dyecraig

« Reply #5975 on: August 27, 2016, 12:09:29 pm »
augustus pablo - the mystic world of
good one for this weather, good tip from hutch.

hutch

« Reply #5976 on: August 27, 2016, 06:55:57 pm »
augustus pablo - the mystic world of
good one for this weather, good tip from hutch.

awesome!

Sam Cooke never gets old... thi is the original RCA LPM-2625 monaural labels pressing... sounds heavenly as Sam often does... I probably have a copy or two downstairs but this is a nice copy (LP wise) so I bought it again for $1....the cover has some issues...

hutch

« Reply #5977 on: August 27, 2016, 06:59:00 pm »
I have to put in an extra special plug for Cooke's Bring it on home to me.. the backing vocals by Lou Rawls are outstanding on top of Cooke's of course.... YAAH! YAAH! this is a song that always gives me goosebumps.. I wonder if its King Curtis on sax.. almost surely... could it be Earl Palmer on drums? Can't say I know but wouldn't surprise me.. some serious talent on this...to create a few minutes of transcendence...

hutch

« Reply #5978 on: August 27, 2016, 08:35:38 pm »

faces- OOH LA LA

Definitely on my short list for favorite band ever......love love love them... Everything that is wonderful to me about rock and roll is this band...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5979 on: August 28, 2016, 04:17:02 pm »
This album is "free" to stream or download if you have Amazon Prime.  Balls out rock, but I'm not a Rose Stewart fan. 

killsaly

« Reply #5980 on: August 28, 2016, 04:46:48 pm »
Wing Dam - Glow Ahead

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5981 on: August 28, 2016, 04:50:29 pm »
Wing Dam - Glow Ahead

This album is not included in Amazon Prime.  Streaming / download options?

killsaly

« Reply #5982 on: August 28, 2016, 04:52:08 pm »
I bought the tape at their release show last night and am listening to the bandcamp downloads that came with it.

https://friendsrecords.bandcamp.com/album/glow-ahead

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #5983 on: August 28, 2016, 05:16:23 pm »
I bought the tape at their release show last night and am listening to the bandcamp downloads that came with it.

https://friendsrecords.bandcamp.com/album/glow-ahead

I really enjoy their sound. Love the heavily distorted guitar.  Lyrics are really important to me, hard to judge that on a first listen...

hutch

« Reply #5984 on: August 28, 2016, 05:26:23 pm »
This album is "free" to stream or download if you have Amazon Prime.  Balls out rock, but I'm not a Rose Stewart fan. 

oh gosh.. Rod Stewart between 1968-1973 was unbeatable... came out with like TEN incredible albums.. two with jeff beck group, 4-5 solo, and 4 with Faces... unstopabble

what happened next is another story.. but his vocals when he started- very Sam Cooke BTW (its all related in the end)- were phenomenal..unimpeachable...