Author Topic: The Strokes at Nation???  (Read 2904 times)

markie

Re: The Strokes at Nation???
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2004, 03:15:00 pm »
We were at the Doves/strokes show too. One of only a handful of times I have been really impressed by an opener I had never heard of before.

I have never eaten nachos of Ullyses so quickly, so I could return to the audience.

I guess there are two openers that have a big impact more recently, the high strung and the national......The national are playing a couple of times in the next month or so.

Mongo

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2004, 05:10:00 pm »
Looks liek it is The SOunds opening for this one.  Where the hell did the BRMC rumor come from???

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2004, 05:48:00 pm »
I think the BRMC rumor started a while back (last year?!) when BRMC said they wanted to tour with The Rapture and other big names. BRMC involvement in this tour looks unlikely because Peter has a broken thumb, and they just canceled Irish dates.

Bags

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2004, 05:54:00 pm »
Is it still possible The Rapture is playing?

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2004, 11:25:00 pm »
It doesn't look that way. This is from the latest BRMC newsletter:

----
 Peter will undergo surgery on Monday and as we expect a speedy recovery, the band have made plans to embark on an extensive month long North American tour throughout April with support coming from The Rapture. BRMC will also be appearing this year at the Coachella festival.

----
 Woo hoo! An extensive US tour! Let's hope Peter's surgery goes well.

carolinee

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2004, 12:42:00 am »
I tried to get tickets today and found out that the show is completely sold out.

<small>[ 02-15-2004, 04:31 AM: Message edited by: thatguy ]</small>