Author Topic: Drive By Truckers: Roll Call  (Read 23320 times)

mankie

Re: Drive By Truckers: Roll Call
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2003, 05:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:

it looks like i'm gonna be there, along with a good number of other 9:30 staph members.  should be fun.

If I worked at a concert venue, I would think the last place I'd want to go on my night off....is a concert venue.  :)

Jaguär

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2003, 06:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

Originally posted by kosmo:
  hey mank, what you say we take andrew out this weekend and get him real liquored up.  then take him up to the baltimore tattoo museum and get a little work done on him.  so that he and thatguy can switch places for the night?

does anyone have a clutch t-shirt i can borrow? i'll be eddie for the night     :p  
I'd love to do that and get a huge swastika on his chest like Ed Norton in American History X!

Then we'll get him a nice prince albert before he sober's up. [/b]
I think it would be funny to have big black Xs tattooed on his hands. Poor guy would go through Hell getting served in DC anymore!

Jaguär

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2003, 06:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

Originally posted by thatguy:

it looks like i'm gonna be there, along with a good number of other 9:30 staph members.  should be fun.

If I worked at a concert venue, I would think the last place I'd want to go on my night off....is a concert venue.   :)  [/b]
Nah, being there working and being there relaxing are two completely different experiences. It's not like most jobs.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2003, 03:27:00 am »
some of us are incapable of relaxing at any concert venue.  i work every show i attend, whether i'm paid to or not.  that said, almost every time i take a night off of work, it's so i can go to a show at some other place.  it's kinda sad, actually.

grotty

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2003, 12:02:00 pm »
I'm down...pick up the cd at noon..throw it in & make the trek.

You can listen to 4 of the new songs here:
 http://www.radiowebstuff.com/truckers/

\nn/

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2003, 06:46:00 pm »
I'm going for sure.....saw 'em at Fletchers last year and they kicked it! Some Patterson Hood storytellin' will be a great follow up to the X show on Saturday night!

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2003, 06:49:00 pm »
Also.....the new album is pretty damn good.....not the classic that "Southern Rock Opera" is but great anyway. I've been listening to it for about a month or so and it's cool.....

eddie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2003, 07:11:00 pm »

does anyone have a clutch t-shirt i can borrow? i'll be eddie for the night     :p  
Damn you!  There goes my anonymity...I'll have to wear my Clutch hat instead.

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2003, 09:55:00 am »
My wife predicts she will be one of about five women at tonights show. Do any women go to DBT shows?

Venerable Bede

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2003, 10:04:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  My wife predicts she will be one of about five women at tonights show. Do any women go to DBT shows?
well, i can think of 3 women who will be at the show, so just 2 more have to show up. . .which i think will happen.  and if the wallflower comes, he counts as 2 girls.
OU812

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2003, 10:19:00 am »
the women i saw at dbt's iota show were pretty hot
T.Rex

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2003, 10:23:00 am »
Well you know the men at alt-country shows are always going to be hot, and they're always going to drag along their hot wives or girlfriends. But I'm wondering if hot single women choose to go, or if all the hot women are just wives/girlfriends. Not that it really makes any difference to me personally...

the women i saw at dbt's iota show were pretty hot [/b]

Celeste

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2003, 11:19:00 am »
wives, girlfriends...sounds like a "family reunion"

ggw

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2003, 11:22:00 am »
Originally posted by Celeste:
  wives, girlfriends...sounds like a "family reunion"
Sounds like the old sailors toast:

"Here's to our wives and our girlfriends - May they never meet"

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2003, 12:59:00 pm »
Are you saying I'm going to walk into a room of testosterone when I go to the show tonight?!
 By the way, the Immortal Lee County Killers II were picked by the City Paper. Am I the only one going mainly to see them?