Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2698217 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #4110 on: July 20, 2012, 04:46:51 pm »
If Vince still has his voice, this will kick ass.

Last I checked, he did not. He sounded like a screechy alley cat at the show I went to.

So he pretty much sounded like Axl Rose!  :)
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #4111 on: July 21, 2012, 10:26:25 am »
Vince sounded good last night... even Paul Stanley sounded good.

Weird but Motley Crue played a noticeably longer set than KISS.. i thought they were better too....

at one point Tommy Lee's and his drum kit went on a roller coaster circle and he was playing it upside down at the top ..crazy

I was surprised at KISS not playing Deuce or Strutter but maybe it was due to the shortened set list...

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4112 on: July 21, 2012, 11:00:33 am »
totally agree.  the crue destroyed the kiss.  played a hell of a set.  they came out walking through section 100 and 200 dressed in robes and beating drums with smoke and then went onto to the stage.  nice.

kiss was good and it was awesome to actually see them live and see the mixture of fans.  rednecks everywhere, i felt right at home, and some very good looking guys, oh my.  too much fireworks sounding like sonic booms and sometimes vince's voice was screechy and yes paul does come off as a little flamey of the four members and yes the roller coaster tommy lee drum thing was cool and fuck these venues that try to get away having only coors light / budweiser and charging eleven dollars for a big can.  no other options?  what, if you had starr hill or something, would you charge fifteen a beer?  i saw this one guy near me, that after counting his beer cans, he must have spent almost ninety bucks on beer.  but getting out was super easy if you left right when you knew kiss would play what they always close the show with.  all in all . . . an awesome show from start to finish, even the opening band that sounded just like hair band nineteen eighties all over again.  and being first show of the tour, they totally screwed up the timing of bands and setups.  kiss had to rush through their set and paul said from the start they would cram in as much as possible.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:02:56 am by walkonby »

hutch

« Reply #4113 on: July 21, 2012, 11:13:46 am »
totally agree.  the crue destroyed the kiss.  played a hell of a set.  they came out walking through section 100 and 200 dressed in robes and beating drums with smoke and then went onto to the stage.  nice.

kiss was good and it was awesome to actually see them live and see the mixture of fans.  rednecks everywhere, i felt right at home, and some very good looking guys, oh my.  too much fireworks sounding like sonic booms and sometimes vince's voice was screechy and yes paul does come off as a little flamey of the four members and yes the roller coaster tommy lee drum thing was cool and fuck these venues that try to get away having only coors light / budweiser and charging eleven dollars for a big can.  no other options?  what, if you had starr hill or something, would you charge fifteen a beer?  i saw this one guy near me, that after counting his beer cans, he must have spent almost ninety bucks on beer.  but getting out was super easy if you left right when you knew kiss would play what they always close the show with.  all in all . . . an awesome show from start to finish, even the opening band that sounded just like hair band nineteen eighties all over again.  and being first show of the tour, they totally screwed up the timing of bands and setups.  kiss had to rush through their set and paul said from the start they would cram in as much as possible.

in the boxes they had $11 yuenglings big cans and $13 heinekens.. can't remember what else..corona..
i couldn't spend $11 on bud light if you paid me.

never have had it so easy getting there.. took me about 40 minutes from arlington.. zipped in to parking lot no problem.. a very rare case of me driving to a show.

I loved seeing the show just cause I'd always wanted to see KISS... I love Paul Stanley's accent.. I just think of it as a Queens/forest hills thing I guess?

I went to see KISS but I was really glad I caught almost all of Motley Crue because they put on a good show.. when you put Motley Crue/KISS together I thought that was a good value..

I don't understand how setting up the first night of the tour is any excuse.. but I guess it happens.. I just think they are professionals and they have to know how long things will take.. if anyone should have shortened their set it shoudl have been the Crue but they kept going on and on.. I was surprised.. they played probably til 9:30 and you knew that was going to be a problem.. I'm surprised they didn't tell THEM to wrap it up as they had to know it would take a while to turnaroudn the stage for KISS.

my guess is KISS was only too happy to play a shorter set!

I was pleased with show... but something about big venues really turns me off.. I probably won't be back for a few years... I think this was my first show there since Pearl Jam...

at 9:44 we were heading to the bathrooms  and asked a staff member when KISS would go on.. she said "945". .obviously that was the plan...if KISS had gone on at 945 they could have played 3 more songs but that didn't happen... even 945 seems late to me.. I was thinking they'd go on at 915.. .for them to start at 10 was just weird..

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:19:02 am by hutch »

killsaly

« Reply #4114 on: July 22, 2012, 03:20:44 pm »
Never mind, I found someone to take my extra JM/HC/SB ticket.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 04:32:33 pm by killsaly »

jrho

« Reply #4115 on: July 22, 2012, 08:34:52 pm »
Gold Motel Monday at Jammin' Java

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #4116 on: July 22, 2012, 11:24:37 pm »
Thursday - A Place To Bury Strangers
Friday - Rod Stewart/Stevie Nicks

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #4117 on: July 23, 2012, 08:54:53 am »
Tuesday - Balaclava, Aurobors, Borracho (instrumental), and Above the Silence @ Red Palace (Ben Bones b-day bash)
Thursday - I'm singing at the Video Games Live / music of Zelda show with the NSO @ Wolf Trap
Friday - Kishi Bashi @ U St Music Hall

killsaly

« Reply #4118 on: July 23, 2012, 10:05:52 am »
Thurs - A Place to Bury Strangers/Black Clouds

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4119 on: July 24, 2012, 07:14:32 pm »
Evil Kosmo will be DJing the Dan Band show on Sat.  But be warned he was last seen in the "band camp" rec room with a pile of Jock Jams CDs in hand....
T.Rex

azaghal1981

« Reply #4120 on: July 24, 2012, 09:21:53 pm »
Ugh I always miss Balaclava when they play around here. I want to say the last time was at Candle Haus and the cops broke up the show.

Tuesday - Balaclava, Aurobors, Borracho (instrumental), and Above the Silence @ Red Palace (Ben Bones b-day bash)
Thursday - I'm singing at the Video Games Live / music of Zelda show with the NSO @ Wolf Trap
Friday - Kishi Bashi @ U St Music Hall

Noise potluck tomorrow (tentatively)
Akris/Priests at CD Cellar Friday (also tentative)
Cigarette at a garden party downtown Sunday
احمد

hutch

« Reply #4121 on: July 27, 2012, 01:05:26 am »
Juanes was great at the Warner tonight... did everything he's supposed to do.. tousled his hair the required amount of times, talked up the HIV awareness campaign he was promoting the required amount of times, played his hits.. heck every song he played is a hit, did the unplugged schtick perfectly testing it out before taking it to arenas all over the hemisphere....... and you know what? I hated every minute of it.. its just not my thing...much like Mana this bland prefabricated calculated latin pop masquerading as rock just doesn't do anything for me... i went cause a friend who got some nice seats for free invited me along and i felt i shouldn't pass it up (I knew I wasn't taking anyone's spot).... but it was exactly what i expected unfortunately.. i know juanes is a good guy.. heck the greatest lyricist now living, Joaquin Sabina, co-wrote one of his new songs on the unplugged album and arguably my favorite musician of all time (other than Dylan), Andres Calamaro, guested on his album a few years back.. but the guy just does nothing for me. sorry. the end.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4122 on: July 27, 2012, 10:17:46 am »
you just lost your latin creedo.   :D

K8teebug

« Reply #4123 on: July 27, 2012, 10:41:09 am »
Anyone have any good recommendations for New Orleans?  Going there this weekend to hear some music, eat some food, drink some drinks.

brennser

« Reply #4124 on: July 27, 2012, 10:55:28 am »
Go to Cochon

http://cochonrestaurant.com/

Amazing