Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2692166 times)

Yada

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #6690 on: July 16, 2014, 03:08:12 pm »
This week and next:

Sweet/Keene @Birchmere
Baseball Project/Minus 5 @Hamilton
Beck @Merriweather
Kooks @930

& Thinking about the Ryan Adams/Jenny Lewis/Dawes show in Camden, NJ..anyone been to the Susquehanna Bank pavillion place? Good/Bad?

Other than it being in Camden, NJ... one of the biggest dumps in the world, it's pretty similar to any other amphitheater. I went up for the same festival a few years ago and have seen other shows there in the past, it's fine.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6691 on: July 16, 2014, 03:34:21 pm »
it's pretty non-descript but perfectly serviceable concert shed.  nothing special or particularly memorable about it, but certainly not horrible either.  you can take a ferry across from the philly side.  parking near the venue is fine on concert days, lots of people (and cops) around.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #6692 on: July 16, 2014, 05:04:49 pm »
Queens of the Stone Age tomorrow. It'll be my second time seeing them; the first was at Rams Head Live in 2007.  I'll be in the pit as well  :)

I think this will be the 12th time I've seen them. Yeah, I'm kind of obsessed.
Will be my 5th!

930 in 05, Verizon Center in 05, Rams Head in 08? National in December, and finally back in DCish tomorrow!

I shall be there! Looking forward to adding to my concert poster collection :D I'll be down in the pit or up in VIP...

Also, my friend got upgraded to "VIP" via her Friends With Benefits and asked me to join. It says there's a special viewing area, does anyone know what else this comes with? She was saying there's free booze and a free poster.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #6693 on: July 16, 2014, 05:35:40 pm »
Queens of the Stone Age tomorrow. It'll be my second time seeing them; the first was at Rams Head Live in 2007.  I'll be in the pit as well  :)

I think this will be the 12th time I've seen them. Yeah, I'm kind of obsessed.
Will be my 5th!

930 in 05, Verizon Center in 05, Rams Head in 08? National in December, and finally back in DCish tomorrow!

I shall be there! Looking forward to adding to my concert poster collection :D I'll be down in the pit or up in VIP...

Also, my friend got upgraded to "VIP" via her Friends With Benefits and asked me to join. It says there's a special viewing area, does anyone know what else this comes with? She was saying there's free booze and a free poster.

i think the VIP area comes with nothing and is a mile away from the stage...its a joke..

or its that bar behind the stage with the same ridiculous beer prices..maybe even higher.

please correct me if i'm wrong but the idea of getting free beer and a poster seems insane..they send those emails to any FWB

Yada

« Reply #6694 on: July 16, 2014, 05:50:49 pm »
Free booze???  :o :o :o :o

bearman🐻

« Reply #6695 on: July 16, 2014, 05:54:38 pm »

hutch

« Reply #6696 on: July 16, 2014, 05:59:50 pm »
What the fuck are you talkking about Bearman? Did you miss the Open Bar FWB VIP area??

;D ;D ;D

bearman🐻

« Reply #6697 on: July 16, 2014, 10:15:07 pm »
What the fuck are you talkking about Bearman? Did you miss the Open Bar FWB VIP area??

;D ;D ;D

LOL, oh my bad. At least it's cheaper than the Lube. That place is ridiculous if you want to drink.

Unsanity

« Reply #6698 on: July 17, 2014, 01:47:26 am »
This will be my fifth time seeing QOTSA. First saw them at the HFSmas Nutcracker in 2002. That was also the year James Brown played and was backed up by The Pietasters.

Saw them the next year on Lollapalooza's main stage.

Then I saw them at the 9:30 and the Verizon Center in 2005 and have not seen them since!

I was supposed to go see them at the 9:30 Club a different time but they rescheduled the show and I couldn't attend the new date. Can't remember when that was though.

bearman🐻

« Reply #6699 on: July 17, 2014, 08:43:20 am »
I was supposed to go see them at the 9:30 Club a different time but they rescheduled the show and I couldn't attend the new date. Can't remember when that was though.

I believe that was September 2002, when Joey just joined the band. They had another drummer and he didn't work out, so they had to fire him and get Joey in. They had a tour booked and postponed a bunch of shows.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6700 on: July 17, 2014, 08:48:47 am »
This will be my fifth time seeing QOTSA. First saw them at the HFSmas Nutcracker in 2002. That was also the year James Brown played and was backed up by The Pietasters.
For a radio station concert, that was a totally great night. Zwan, Coldplay, Boxcar Racer, NFG, Vines, Distillers too.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #6701 on: July 17, 2014, 09:24:52 am »

;D ;D ;D
I'm not sure, she said she found something but it was listed under "Merriweather VIP", so I don't know if that's different. I had no idea, figured I'd ask here.
‼‼?‼‼

K8teebug

« Reply #6702 on: July 17, 2014, 09:37:57 am »
It's probably the bar area most of us were invited to.  No free beer...but I am happy with closer bathrooms.

« Reply #6703 on: July 17, 2014, 09:48:22 am »
Any one know the set times for the Fort Reno shows

was hoping to catch the Priests tonight, but wasn't sure if they were on first or last?
slack

Vas Deferens

« Reply #6704 on: July 17, 2014, 09:55:34 am »
I'm sure they're last. Maybe around 9?  shows end at 930
(_|_)