Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2692202 times)

gavroche

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #8040 on: March 01, 2016, 02:49:19 pm »
Had I known he was so awful I would have chosen to go see Young and in the Way at Metro Gallery instead. Unfortunately, I'm not into the rest of that bill at all.

He's not that bad...no Frank Turner, but assuming you like his albums you'll most likely enjoy the show.

I like Kurt Vile (and his albums) and I've seen him three times.  Definitely uneven though.  Once he was great and twice awful (including the acoustic gig before Thurston). Last time he just seemed sloppy drunk.  It was the worst show of 2015 for me.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #8041 on: March 02, 2016, 11:21:11 am »
Sunday - Glassjaw
LVMH

« Reply #8042 on: March 02, 2016, 11:21:47 am »
Had I known he was so awful I would have chosen to go see Young and in the Way at Metro Gallery instead. Unfortunately, I'm not into the rest of that bill at all.

He's not that bad...no Frank Turner, but assuming you like his albums you'll most likely enjoy the show.

I like Kurt Vile (and his albums) and I've seen him three times.  Definitely uneven though.  Once he was great and twice awful (including the acoustic gig before Thurston). Last time he just seemed sloppy drunk.  It was the worst show of 2015 for me.
I agree with the general sentiment. He was great one time and a mess another. Definitely a hit or miss act.
LVMH

« Reply #8043 on: March 02, 2016, 11:35:57 am »

I agree with the general sentiment. He was great one time and a mess another. Definitely a hit or miss act.
let me be clear, that is never the case at a Frank Turner show, so don't lump the two together
you may hate him, but his shows are always 100%
slack

Yada

« Reply #8044 on: March 02, 2016, 11:38:35 am »

let me be clear, that is never the case at a Frank Turner show, so don't lump the two together

« Reply #8045 on: March 02, 2016, 11:40:25 am »
nice one
slack

« Reply #8046 on: March 02, 2016, 11:43:00 am »

To be clear, I was only commenting on the most immediate comment about Kurt Vile being wildly erratic live. I have no idea what Frank Turner is like in concert because every time he is in town I choose to do something more exciting like listen to A Prairie Home Companion while drinking Earl Grey tea.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #8047 on: March 02, 2016, 11:45:29 am »

To be clear, I was only commenting on the most immediate comment about Kurt Vile being wildly erratic live. I have no idea what Frank Turner is like in concert because every time he is in town I choose to do something more exciting like listen to A Prairie Home Companion while drinking Earl Grey tea.

hutch

« Reply #8048 on: March 02, 2016, 11:47:40 am »

but this is the dude from the Lumineers, right?

« Reply #8049 on: March 02, 2016, 12:04:55 pm »
To be fair, has anyone ever seen Frank Turner and the dude from the Lumineers at the same place at the same time?
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #8050 on: March 02, 2016, 12:18:06 pm »
To be fair, has anyone ever seen Frank Turner and the dude from the Lumineers at the same place at the same time?

atomic.

« Reply #8051 on: March 02, 2016, 12:19:51 pm »

atomic.
I would ask if, to be fair, anyone has ever seen atomic but we'd be leaping down a weird, META rabbit-hole.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #8052 on: March 02, 2016, 12:22:01 pm »

A simply wonderful idea, and be sure to donate to your local public radio station, which makes such magic happen but money doesn't just grow on trees you know, unless you happen to have one of those weird Sequoias that sprout cash as its leaves.
oword

« Reply #8053 on: March 02, 2016, 12:33:11 pm »

A simply wonderful idea, and be sure to donate to your local public radio station, which makes such magic happen but money doesn't just grow on trees you know, unless you happen to have one of those weird Sequoias that sprout cash as its leaves.
Great suggestion. I just venmo'ed some cash to Ira Glass to thank him for cultivating unique talent like Garrison Keiller.
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #8054 on: March 03, 2016, 03:18:45 pm »
Sunday - Prince Rama, Chiffon, Blacksage at Metro Gallery
Tuesday - the Gotobed's, Birth (defects), Flasher, Josephine Olivia at Windup Space
Thursday - Conan, Serial Hawk, Fortress, Faith in June at the Ottobar
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 04:11:57 pm by killsaly »