Author Topic: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux  (Read 220637 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Those Darned Redskins, Pt. Deux
« Reply #510 on: December 04, 2014, 03:43:03 pm »
He also hit a fan

Have you been to a professional sporting event lately?  A large number of attendees deserve to be punched.
I'll give you that.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #511 on: December 04, 2014, 04:50:23 pm »
Through three preseason games and five starts in the regular season, Gruden has seen enough to realize that Griffin is at best a long-term project as a pocket passer. Griffin was too deliberate reading defenses, displayed poor footwork and an alarming lack of pocket presence for a signal-caller in his third NFL season.

Also, Gruden?s assessment goes deeper than Griffin?s play. He has major concerns about Griffin?s decision making off the field, which has come to light through conversations with team officials at Redskins Park.

Considering Gruden?s firm stance, though, trading Griffin is the logical option. And if Snyder and Allen drag their feet or tell Gruden he must give Griffin one more chance, then Gruden may have to come up with an exit strategy even faster than Mike Shanahan did.

Realizing he faces a formidable challenge, Gruden is eager to roll up his sleeves. To help Gruden get the job done, Snyder and Allen should remove the albatross around his neck.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/for-jay-gruden-the-best-place-for-robert-griffin-iii-is-elsewhere/2014/12/03/911e0cde-7a69-11e4-9a27-6fdbc612bff8_story.html

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #512 on: December 04, 2014, 05:50:12 pm »
Insane.
‼‼?‼‼

ggw

shemptiness

« Reply #514 on: December 04, 2014, 06:48:44 pm »
Anything good that's happened for the Caps was the result of being terrible and getting a lucky pingpong ball.

Isn't that how a lot of NBA teams became great?  Like the Spurs for instance? 

hutch

« Reply #515 on: December 04, 2014, 07:42:47 pm »
Spurs? I'm confused...

You're not comparing any DC team to the best run and managed team in the United States, are you?

vansmack

27>34

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #518 on: December 08, 2014, 09:55:39 am »
That's awesome.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #519 on: December 08, 2014, 10:25:21 am »
Funny.

Jeff Fisher sends out players acquired in RG3 trade for coin toss
This and Gregg Williams blitzing while being up 24, on a Redskins 3rd and 20 I believe. Pretty much yesterday was a big fat middle finger to the entire organization.

Then London Fletcher calls out Jim Haslett at being a shitty human being overall.

This team will just not go away.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #520 on: December 08, 2014, 04:27:24 pm »
I wonder if Jay Gruden is beginning to worry he might be fired....

shemptiness

« Reply #521 on: December 08, 2014, 04:42:37 pm »

At this point he may be hoping it happens.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #522 on: December 08, 2014, 05:04:26 pm »
He sure doesn't seem to be acting like he's worried about that. He seems to be grabbing his crotch at management/ownership. I'm rooting for him, honestly. Someone needs to change the culture.
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #523 on: December 09, 2014, 08:46:30 am »
He sure doesn't seem to be acting like he's worried about that. He seems to be grabbing his crotch at management/ownership. I'm rooting for him, honestly. Someone needs to change the culture.
You think the skins Illuminati is going to take a cue from a rookie head coach?  No freaking chance.

I hope they fire him.  Not because I don't like him, but he'll never succeed.  I just want to witness a new search for a head coach.  If they fire him now they will be totally out of options.  No coach wants to come into that snake pit.  I wonder what the vegas odds are that Gruden lasts the season.  At this point I'm sure he wishes he could quit, but he knows it will devalue him.  But what's worse......that or continuing to be associated with this flaming pile of shit?

I love watching this team suffer and flounder.  They are dead to me.  Enjoy the next 35 years or so!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 08:48:36 am by chaz »

ggw