Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1179787 times)

atomicfront

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #1335 on: March 29, 2013, 09:59:50 am »
"news" according to your beloved MSNBC...

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/28/17501282-investigators-adam-lanza-surrounded-by-weapons-at-home-attack-took-less-than-5-minutes?lite

"Adam Lanza left a home stuffed with weaponry and carried out the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in a 154-bullet barrage that took less than five minutes, investigators said Thursday in the first detailed account of his surroundings and troubled state of mind."

Exactly why your 'safe' gun free school zone is not working.
Exactly why your concept of 'the police will protect us' fails.
Exactly why we need to have armed guards at our schools.
Exactly what most liberals will never understand or accept basically because it is 1) factual and 2) logical.

Nuff said.

"Authorities also recovered a National Rifle Association certificate"

That is all you need to know.

100% irrelevant actually.  They probably found a library card as well.

Well if he had a bunch of books in his house about how to kill a bunch of children at school the library card might be simliar to the NRA certificate but I am doubting he did. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1336 on: March 29, 2013, 10:13:20 am »
like yourself uses their perverted gun knowledge to make himself feel like a REAL MAN GRRRRRRR but it doesn't matter in this debate. By the logic of you and the rest of the gun perverts, only a drug addict could write drug policy.

so much WIN in that last sentence. 
<sig>

killsaly

« Reply #1337 on: March 29, 2013, 10:20:55 am »
It seems like another DIY show in Baltimore had the cops show up. On the comments for the Faun and a Pan Flute, Hello Ocho, and Fell Band show, this was the last one:
Y'all slept on this one! Too bad the police didn't.
I wonder why this keeps happening... Too loud?  Drugs?  Bored Police (I dont know why that would be the case working in Baltimore)?

killsaly

« Reply #1338 on: March 29, 2013, 10:28:15 am »
In good news for DC music and art.
http://dcmusicdownload.com/2013/03/29/founder-of-gold-leaf-studios-opens-his-latest-project-union-arts/
Founder of Gold Leaf Studios Opens His Latest Project: Union Arts

There was an ephemeral black cloud cast upon the city?s music scene last year when DIY music and arts space Gold Leaf Studios closed its doors to make way for new development. Tonight, the venue?s founder Mike Abrams bounces back with his latest project-a two-floor multipurpose arts complex dubbed Union Arts & Manufacturing.

Looking to recreate the magic that Gold Leaf cherished for well over a decade, Union Arts will continue its legacy as a refuge for artists looking for the much needed space. It took Abrams about a year until he settled upon the location (located at 411 New York Avenue NE)-which also turned out to be the easiest part of the project.

?All told, it?s taking about $30,000 to do this project, but most of that is back rent that I have to make up for the owners?, says Abrams ?So far, I?m out $15,000 out-of-pocket and still need to work for the other $15,000. I?m hoping to do some crowd sourcing and find supporters who have an interest in keeping the arts alive, as well as finding more work/another job to keep the building owners satisfied. This project was self-funded and built out?.

Union Arts currently has eight studios and two open multi-purpose rooms, with an 80% occupancy rate that includes musicians, sound designers, filmmakers, photographers and other creative types. The space previously housed the venue Warehouse Loft, and is located just a few blocks from the NoMa-Gallaudet University Metro stop.

Abrams plans to host a series of workshops and classes all-year round, with the goal of having at least two events per month in Union Art?s space. Similar to what Abrams devised at Gold Leaf, there will be a number of DIY concerts that will be presented in his new space featuring local artists and out-of-towners looking to play a smaller venue.

Tonight, Union Arts will host its opening celebration with a jazz/funk jam session lead by local musician Luke Stewart, along with a number of exhibitions that will be displayed throughout the venue. The event starts at 6p, and will end immediately before Cherry Blast (which is happening next door) kicks-off its annual soiree.

atomicfront

« Reply #1339 on: March 29, 2013, 11:03:32 am »
It seems like another DIY show in Baltimore had the cops show up. On the comments for the Faun and a Pan Flute, Hello Ocho, and Fell Band show, this was the last one:
Y'all slept on this one! Too bad the police didn't.
I wonder why this keeps happening... Too loud?  Drugs?  Bored Police (I dont know why that would be the case working in Baltimore)?

Maybe legit venues have been complaining to the police.  Someone is probably complaining about it or they wouldn't be stopping it.

stevewizzle

« Reply #1340 on: March 29, 2013, 01:25:56 pm »
every now and then i stop into the online activity link and stalk what is interesting to everybody.  it's a cool little tracking feature that shows who's online, who's viewing what, etc.. 

but this is just plain weird.

Guest    01:20:19 PM    Printing the topic "Dropping Like Flies".

vansmack

« Reply #1341 on: March 29, 2013, 01:38:09 pm »
but this is just plain weird.

Awesome.  Good find.
27>34

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1342 on: March 29, 2013, 03:05:32 pm »
Anyone get the sense that RB sits in his basement all night with his trusty Windows 3.1 computer and 56k modem, accessing Libertarian BBSs to discuss what's "wrong" with America.  And then every once and awhile uses that new fangled Windows 95 machine he has to dial into his AOL account to use the Interweb.  I suspect he has runs his own BBS on a OS/2 machine as well....

The funny part is that is not far from what my first computer was, except what you describe was 3-4 steps up.  Although i was never ignorant enough to have an AOHell account. :)
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1343 on: March 29, 2013, 03:07:17 pm »

This isn't an assault rifle? Or are you again lying because you have nothing else to offer? Also, spare me the patronizing lecture on guns. I'm perfectly aware that a dickless shit like yourself uses their perverted gun knowledge to make himself feel like a REAL MAN GRRRRRRR but it doesn't matter in this debate. By the logic of you and the rest of the gun perverts, only a drug addict could write drug policy.

How a firearm LOOKS is not what makes it an assault weapon.  One of the defining characteristics of an assault weapon is that it is capable of fully automatic fire.  None of the weapons used in the school shooting in question were.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1344 on: March 29, 2013, 03:11:59 pm »

This isn't an assault rifle? Or are you again lying because you have nothing else to offer? Also, spare me the patronizing lecture on guns. I'm perfectly aware that a dickless shit like yourself uses their perverted gun knowledge to make himself feel like a REAL MAN GRRRRRRR but it doesn't matter in this debate. By the logic of you and the rest of the gun perverts, only a drug addict could write drug policy.

Actually you have several times proven that you are the one who is ignorant when it comes to firearms.  I see that you are ignorant when it comes to the disease of addiction as well.  However I don't recall ever saying who should and should not write any policy.  Lastly, the level of knowledge I have on any given subject has precious little to do with who I am as a person.  I feel sorry for you seeing that you base your value on such shallow surface things.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 03:33:12 pm by RatBastard »
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1345 on: March 29, 2013, 03:32:34 pm »
Anyone get the sense that RB sits in his basement all night with his trusty Windows 3.1 computer and 56k modem, accessing Libertarian BBSs to discuss what's "wrong" with America.  And then every once and awhile uses that new fangled Windows 95 machine he has to dial into his AOL account to use the Interweb.  I suspect he has runs his own BBS on a OS/2 machine as well....

If you saw his unbelievably incompetent "web services" company website, you'd realize that all this is totally beyond him. "Windows? Mudem? Whut do you think ah am, a million-dollar-haver'n' shit?"

The hosting service I run may be the biggest POS ever, but it keeps me from having to have the gummint pay me to sit on my ass and do nothing (like the lazy people do).  In fact, I would make MORE money by collecting a gummint check and doing nothing, but I'd rather pull my own weight and pay my own way (unlike the lazy people).  Thanks for playing!
FUKIT

atomicfront

« Reply #1346 on: March 29, 2013, 03:51:40 pm »

If you saw his unbelievably incompetent "web services" company website, you'd realize that all this is totally beyond him. "Windows? Mudem? Whut do you think ah am, a million-dollar-haver'n' shit?"

The hosting service I run may be the biggest POS ever, but it keeps me from having to have the gummint pay me to sit on my ass and do nothing (like the lazy people do).  In fact, I would make MORE money by collecting a gummint check and doing nothing, but I'd rather pull my own weight and pay my own way (unlike the lazy people).  Thanks for playing!

How do you get these government checks.  I want one.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1347 on: March 29, 2013, 03:53:21 pm »

How a firearm LOOKS is not what makes it an assault weapon.  One of the defining characteristics of an assault weapon is that it is capable of fully automatic fire.  None of the weapons used in the school shooting in question were.

hey RB, you ignorance and arrogance are showing.

"any of various automatic or semiautomatic firearms; especially : assault rifle"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/assault%20weapon

"Any selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user" - State of Connecticut, http://www.jud.ct.gov/ji/criminal/glossary/assaultweapon.htm

even this pro-gun website correctly defines an assault weapon as a semi-auto: http://www.assaultweapon.info/

"In discussions about gun laws and gun politics in the United States, an assault weapon is most commonly defined as a semi-automatic firearm possessing certain cosmetic, ergonomic, or construction features similar to those of military firearms."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_weapon
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1348 on: March 29, 2013, 03:55:12 pm »

hey RB, you ignorance and arrogance are showing.

"any of various automatic or semiautomatic firearms; especially : assault rifle"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/assault%20weapon

"Any selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user" - State of Connecticut, http://www.jud.ct.gov/ji/criminal/glossary/assaultweapon.htm

even this pro-gun website correctly defines an assault weapon as a semi-auto: http://www.assaultweapon.info/

"In discussions about gun laws and gun politics in the United States, an assault weapon is most commonly defined as a semi-automatic firearm possessing certain cosmetic, ergonomic, or construction features similar to those of military firearms."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_weapon

I am speaking of the LEGAL definition of an assault weapon.  Oh wait, just cause it is on the internet it has to be true, I forgot!
FUKIT

atomicfront

« Reply #1349 on: March 29, 2013, 03:55:57 pm »
I think the most astonishing thing I found out from ratbastard is that FireHouse still exists and they are touring.