Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3243982 times)

James Ford

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #3870 on: November 26, 2013, 10:31:28 pm »
Goose Island takeover at Rustico in Alexandria Friday.

[Description]

Bourbon County -- two words that perennially elicit excitement from the beer community. Next Tuesday, December 3rd, we've got a slew of Bourbon County rarities on draft, including NoVa debut of the brand new 2013 vintage of the venerable Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout! Plus we'll be giving away some cool Goose Island nonic pint glasses!

In addition to the most recent iteration of Bourbon County Stout, we'll also have a 2012 vintage of Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout on tap (brewed with Intelligentsia-roasted La Tortuga beans)as well as a the first iteration of a new Bourbon County variant dubbed Bourbon County Barleywine (an English Barleywine aged in third-use bourbon barrels once home to Kentucky bourbon and then Goose Island?s Bourbon County Stout).

Several Belgian-inspired favorites will also be in-house. Lolita, aged in oak wine barrels with raspberries; Matilda, a Belgian Strong Pale Ale fermented with Brettanomyces Bruxellensis; Matilda Lambicus, the original Matilda finished w/ Brettanomyces Lambicus; Sofie, aged in oak wine barrels with orange peel; Pepe Nero, a dark saison brewed with malted rye and black peppercorns; and Pere Jacques, a Belgian Dubbel.

And we've even managed to nab a few other tremendous libations. Big John, an Imperial Stout brewed with cocao nibs; Naughty Goose, a typically brewpub-only American Brown Ale brewed with Tettnang and Cascade hops; Ten Hills, a brand new American Pale Ale brewed with Perle, Cascade, and Saaz hops; and The Illinois, a boldly-flavored Imperial IPA. Finally, several Goose Island classics will also be flowing: 312 Wheat Ale, Honker?s English Bitter, Goose Island IPA, and Goose Island Nut Brown Ale.

There is no admission fee for this event and all Goose Island Drafts will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours.

The Full Goose Island Bourbon County Draft Extravanza List!
Bourbon County Coffee Stout 2012
Bourbon County Stout
Bourbon County Barleywine
Lolita Wild Ale
Matilda Belgian Strong Pale Ale
Matilda Lambicus Belgian Strong Pale Ale
Sofie Saison
Pepe Nero Saison
Pere Jacques Dubbel
Big John Imperial Stout
Naughty Goose American Brown Ale
Ten Hills American Pale Ale
The Illinois Imperial IPA
312 Wheat Ale
Honker?s Ale
Goose Island IPA
Goose Island Nut Brown Ale

James Ford

« Reply #3871 on: November 26, 2013, 11:01:02 pm »
Not to be outdone, Pizza Paradiso is having this Friday:

Dupont:
Allagash Bourbon BA Black
Amager Hr. Frederiksen
BFM Cuvee Alex le Rouge
De Molen Hemel & Aarde
Firestone Walker 2012 Parabola
Freigeist Phoebe Caulfield
Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch Weasel Stout
Mikkeller/Amager Hr. Frederiksen Vaesel Brunch
Mother Earth 2012 Silent Night
Nøgne-Ø Imperial Stout
Omnipollo Agamemnon
Perennial Abraxxas
Sierra Nevada Narwhal
T?Smidge Catherine the Great
The Bruery Melange #3
Thornbridge Bracia
To Øl Sort Maelik
Wells John Courage Stout
Xbeeriment Black Force One

Georgetown:
Amager Imperial Stout
Anderson Valley BA Imperial Stout
Baird Dark Sky Imperial Stout
Ballast Point Sea Monster
Bells Batch 9000
De Molen Cease & Desist
Dogfish Head 2010 World Wide Stout
Evil Twin Christmas Eve at a New York City Hotel Room
Haandbryggeriet Odin?s Tipple
Iron Fist Velvet Glove
Lagunitas Imperial Stout
Laughing Dog Dogfather
Left Hand Wake Up Dead
Lost Coast Epeteios
North Coast BA Old Rasputin
Ölvisholt Lava
Oscar Blues Ten Fidy
Otter Creek Russian Imperial Stout

Old Town:
Bells 2012 Expedition
De Molen Hel & Verdoemenis
Dogfish Head 2011 Bitches Brew
Duck Rabbit Rabid Duck
Great Divide 2012 Belgo Yeti
Haandbryggeriet Dark Force Stout
Het Nest Dead Man?s Hand Bourbon BA
Het Nest Dead Man?s Hand Wine BA
Mikkeller Black Hole
Schlafly Imperial Stout
Southern Tier 2012 Chocolate
Speakeasy Scarface Stout
Stone Farking Wheat
Uinta Labyrinth
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
Del Ducato Verdi 200th Anniversary
Evil Twin Yin
Weyerbacher Heresy
- See more at: http://www.eatyourpizza.com/#sthash.paaqS66Z.dpuf

stevewizzle

« Reply #3872 on: November 27, 2013, 12:35:28 am »
you're not kidding.  that's a stellar list of drafts at dupont and georgetown. brunch weasel, parabola, abraxxas, agamemnon... that's an insane list.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3873 on: November 27, 2013, 01:07:13 am »
batch 9000: the only beer you need all night.  you won't taste anything afterwards... in a good way.  dang i hope they still have some of that on monday.
<sig>

brennser

« Reply #3874 on: November 27, 2013, 07:56:03 am »
batch 9000: the only beer you need all night.  you won't taste anything afterwards... in a good way.  dang i hope they still have some of that on monday.

I still have a few bottles of that left in my cellar

James Ford

« Reply #3875 on: November 27, 2013, 08:45:50 am »
I'm likely not to make those over the weekend, hoping some are still left when I'm able to hit a rare (for me) happy hour on Tuesday. And hoping the three Bruery sours that Dupont has on (Oude Tart, Tart of Darkness, Sour in the Rye) are still on then as well.

If any of y'all are interested in joining a friend and I at happy hour at a paradiso on Tuesday at 5, let me know!

you're not kidding.  that's a stellar list of drafts at dupont and georgetown. brunch weasel, parabola, abraxxas, agamemnon... that's an insane list.

Yada

« Reply #3876 on: November 27, 2013, 10:08:24 am »
Finally tried the American Beauty release from Dogfish Head... pretty, pretty mediocre.

James Ford

« Reply #3877 on: November 27, 2013, 11:45:28 am »
Completely agree. Glad I and a free paste and didn't pay for it.

Sadly, I think Dogfish has been pretty much been surpassed and overtaken in the beer world. Not that I wouldn't be happy to drink some at a party or something.

Finally tried the American Beauty release from Dogfish Head... pretty, pretty mediocre.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3878 on: November 27, 2013, 01:49:07 pm »
If any of y'all are interested in joining a friend and I at happy hour at a paradiso on Tuesday at 5, let me know!

if all goes according to plan, i should be able to join you.

Sadly, I think Dogfish has been pretty much been surpassed and overtaken in the beer world. Not that I wouldn't be happy to drink some at a party or something.

yeah, they've become the safe go-to of craft beer.  want to let people know you're above BMCs, but don't actually know much about craft beer?  dogfish to the rescue!  60 minute is becoming the new yuengling.

they do put out some extreme stuff that will keep them in the news, but they've almost become a parody of themselves... "our newest beer is made with ocean water, tazmanian moss, dust from a mayan temple, and the tears of asian child factory workers."
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3879 on: November 27, 2013, 10:09:40 pm »
god im glad i quit drinking two months ago.  i got tired of the pressure of what i thought i was suppose to drink.  stupid beer cults.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 10:38:03 pm by walkonby »

atomic

« Reply #3880 on: November 28, 2013, 01:46:19 am »
Completely agree. Glad I and a free paste and didn't pay for it.

James Ford has to be the person who drinks the most beer but knows the least about it.   Stop talking about beer you are an idiot when it comes to beer. 

atomic

« Reply #3881 on: November 28, 2013, 01:47:52 am »
god im glad i quit drinking two months ago.  i got tired of the pressure of what i thought i was suppose to drink.  stupid beer cults.

Here is a clue drink what you like.  Cool people don't care what others think of the beer they drink. 

James Ford

« Reply #3882 on: November 28, 2013, 12:58:50 pm »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3883 on: November 28, 2013, 01:18:06 pm »
but hutch . . . im not cool.  never have been, never will be.  im a nerd, and nerds have big cocks.  oopps, that just slipped out.

James Ford

« Reply #3884 on: November 28, 2013, 02:03:58 pm »
I think you're confusing Hutch with Atomic. Sounds like you are drinking again. Congrats.

but hutch . . . im not cool.  never have been, never will be.  im a nerd, and nerds have big cocks.  oopps, that just slipped out.