Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3243802 times)

stevewizzle

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #5115 on: December 10, 2014, 01:04:28 am »
speaking of Anchorage, i recently acquired their "The Tide and Its Takers" brett'ed triple.  giving a little time for the bugs to do their thing, but looking forward to enjoying it.  haven't had anything bad from Anchorage yet.

neat, haven't seen that one. 

have you had their bitter monk? belgian IPA on brett.  it's really fucking incredible.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5116 on: December 10, 2014, 06:09:05 pm »
in case anyone was looking for an excuse to raid their cellar: this saturday - 12/13/14 - has been unofficially labeled "Vertical Day".  break out those mutli-year flights!

i was considering doing a '12/'13/'14 vertical of Parabola, then i realized that unless i recruit help i'm not going to survive it.  might need dig through the collection for something that comes in lower ABV and smaller bottles ;D
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5117 on: December 10, 2014, 06:24:56 pm »
speaking of Anchorage, i recently acquired their "The Tide and Its Takers" brett'ed triple.  giving a little time for the bugs to do their thing, but looking forward to enjoying it.  haven't had anything bad from Anchorage yet.

neat, haven't seen that one. 

have you had their bitter monk? belgian IPA on brett.  it's really fucking incredible.

got that Anchorage via a trade with someone in SF.  will keep my eyes open for the bitter monk.  IPA + belgian + brett sounds like an iffy combo but if anyone can pull it off, it'll be anchorage.

goose island's annual bourbon county stout is out. if you see it, drink it.

yup, been around since black friday.  getting regular was surprisingly easy.  the variants (barleywine, coffee, vanilla, etc) were impossible to find unless you stood in line early on black friday.

if you see it, drink it.

some people love it fresh but i'm more in the "sit on it" camp.  BCBS is too hot when fresh, IMO.  in a year or two it turns into something magical.
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #5118 on: December 10, 2014, 10:58:34 pm »
I think she meant just drink it right in the store.  Like a download, pay what you want, or not. Just say, radio head to the cashier.

Yada

« Reply #5119 on: December 11, 2014, 09:40:10 pm »

stevewizzle

« Reply #5120 on: December 20, 2014, 04:55:45 pm »
swinging by de garde brewing tomorrow on my roadtrip down to northern california. looks like excellent timing (although when is it not?) as imperial peach bu, the lucy, and the boysen are all available for bottles-to-go.  they also have block 15 sticky hand's on as their guest tap, so there's that, too.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #5121 on: December 21, 2014, 01:58:04 pm »
http://alchemistbeer.com/product/heady-pepper-hot-sauce/

is it only sold 2 bottles at a time, in three stores, that are only open on every other third Thursday?

Yada

« Reply #5122 on: December 21, 2014, 08:01:21 pm »

is it only sold 2 bottles at a time, in three stores, that are only open on every other third Thursday?

Sounds like someone who's never had heady topper. #bitterwalky

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #5123 on: December 21, 2014, 09:18:50 pm »
I have been drinking some excellent beers lately. I can't wait to post a list of some of the highlights. News at 11.  what the wagon calls, and that is OK.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5124 on: December 21, 2014, 10:11:50 pm »
In the spirit of walky's walkyness, I enjoyed a roanoke va craft brewery tour yesterday and probably tripled the amount of beer I've drank in the last year. I have tasting notes on 15 beers to share tomorrow!!

Sit tight!! (Until tomorrow!)
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #5125 on: December 21, 2014, 11:09:36 pm »

Sounds like someone who's never had heady topper. #bitterwalky

#middlefinger

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #5126 on: December 22, 2014, 03:54:08 pm »
You also have to know the secret knock to get into the store, and then a secret handshake to be allowed to purchase the beer. 

hutch

« Reply #5127 on: December 22, 2014, 04:47:23 pm »
You also have to know the secret knock to get into the store, and then a secret handshake to be allowed to purchase the beer. 

sounds like some of those shows you keep posting in the just announced thread..

"house show in NE DC house!" ;D

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #5128 on: December 22, 2014, 06:07:04 pm »
ooh, burn.  good, one

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #5129 on: December 22, 2014, 06:16:46 pm »
I have been drinking some excellent beers lately. I can't wait to post a list of some of the highlights. News at 11.  what the wagon calls, and that is OK.

my list of favorites:

gouden carolus noel

lagunitas  brown shugga  and sucks

north coast brewing   red seal ale

great lakes brewing   dortmunder gold

avery brewing   twenty one

green flash   white ipa

anderson valley    boont barl

hebrew    hop manna

st bernardus   prior 8 /  pater 6  /  tripel  /  wit  /  watou tripel

bells   christmas ale

avery   old jubilation ale