Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3244001 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #6405 on: February 19, 2016, 05:08:33 pm »
You're so, delightful.
I know space ....it's Friday please just post a photo of a cat and give it a rest

I hate cats, and I hate Hopslam. I love dogs, Ocelot, and Aslin.

My wife just grabbed me  a couple of four packs of Weyerbacher Sunday Morning Stout. That should last a couple of years.

Yada

« Reply #6406 on: February 19, 2016, 05:10:02 pm »
You're so, delightful.
I know space ....it's Friday please just post a photo of a cat and give it a rest

My wife just grabbed me  a couple of four packs of Weyerbacher Sunday Morning Stout. That should last a couple of years.

Some beer snob I know was saying that last year's bottles taste like shit (which kind of sucks because I have probably a half of a case). Maybe I'll drink one tonight... I've posted too much today.

Space Freely

« Reply #6407 on: February 19, 2016, 05:19:25 pm »
You're so, delightful.

Some beer snob I know was saying that last year's bottles taste like shit (which kind of sucks because I have probably a half of a case). Maybe I'll drink one tonight... I've posted too much today.

hope not...i still have three or four from last year. Not sure why i had her buy eight and not just four. i guess I'm just thinking ahead since i plan to buy very little BCBS in the new format and since KBS is always a crapshoot.

Bagley

« Reply #6408 on: February 19, 2016, 05:20:29 pm »

I drank it over the weekend... in no way a bad beer and actually tasted a bit better than previous years, but the malty/booziness just doesn't hold a candle to the #juicebombs I enjoy now.
[/quote]

That's why I like the Slam.  I'm not big on the syrupy, boozy taste.  Hopslam, like the Alpha Domina Mellis, is nice and crispy clean and hides the alcohol well.

Space-unfortunately, at this point, last year's bottles need to be tossed.

hutch

« Reply #6409 on: February 19, 2016, 05:23:09 pm »

I drank it over the weekend... in no way a bad beer and actually tasted a bit better than previous years, but the malty/booziness just doesn't hold a candle to the #juicebombs I enjoy now.

That's why I like the Slam.  I'm not big on the syrupy, boozy taste.  Hopslam, like the Alpha Domina Mellis, is nice and crispy clean and hides the alcohol well.

[/quote]

no way Space will toss them...

Space Freely

« Reply #6410 on: February 19, 2016, 05:36:13 pm »

[/quote]

I was referring to last year's Sunday Morning Stout. It has an expiration date of 3/12/17 on it.
I didn't buy any Hopslam this year or last.

Yada

« Reply #6411 on: February 19, 2016, 05:37:55 pm »
Bagley, I think we have very different pallets if you think Hopslam is crispy and not boozy.

« Reply #6412 on: February 19, 2016, 05:38:56 pm »
You're so, delightful.

will gladly take the ones you don't want
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #6413 on: February 19, 2016, 10:05:41 pm »
I drank too much of this beer. 

Space Freely

« Reply #6414 on: February 19, 2016, 10:20:51 pm »
Bagley, I think we have very different pallets if you think Hopslam is crispy and not boozy.

I agree with you about the Hopslam, but he's right about the ADM.

bob72

« Reply #6415 on: February 20, 2016, 03:31:53 pm »
I'm currently enjoying a Lubitsch Touch @ Right Proper. Next on the list a Soul Revolution
PENIS

Space Freely

« Reply #6416 on: February 20, 2016, 05:33:51 pm »
I'm currently enjoying a Lubitsch Touch @ Right Proper. Next on the list a Soul Revolution

Thumbs up on the former, haven't had the latter...

Space Freely

« Reply #6417 on: February 20, 2016, 06:07:14 pm »
We happened to be inthe neighborhood, so stopped by Mad Fox Barleywine FEstival today. Nothing too rare or spectacular, but our favorites were:

Hebrew Funky Jewbellation
Weyerbacher Insanity
Duclaw Hell on Wood
Hebrew Jewbellation

walk,on,by

« Reply #6418 on: February 21, 2016, 07:19:05 pm »
so I had the dc brau on the wings of whatever, and I must say it was ok to good, but not mind blowing.  when I went back to my locale beer shoppe, I got one of the last growlers of nugget nectar instead.  a local place in my area is getting one keg of hopslam on tab because they have gone through so many beer kegs in a certain amount of time.  so, that is how, it works.  cant wait to try it.  not sure I have had it in draft form.

hutch

« Reply #6419 on: February 21, 2016, 08:54:01 pm »
yuengling case at BJs up again this week.. now $17.49... for those keeping count that is a $1 per case increase in the past 2 weeks....

shits getting crazee...