Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3243811 times)

atomicfront

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #3345 on: August 21, 2013, 01:48:33 pm »

I have only had Smithwicks and Affigem from this list.  Prefer the Affigem though Smithwicks is good in a pinch.

James Ford

« Reply #3346 on: August 21, 2013, 01:56:21 pm »
Agreed. They did special release six packs awhile back, I picked up one at Total Wine about 3 miles from my house.

The Penn Quarter Porter is a nice tasty low abv porter. Worth it when i snagged a six pack, not worth it in an overpriced bomber.

dc brau is making huge wavvvves . . .  oooh look, im edgy like the new kids . . . in my area all of a sudden.  people wearing shirts, stores carrying beers.  i think people look at dc "anything" differently, because of the success of the nationals, right now.

Two things... DC Brau has pretty crappy beer other than Wings IMO.

Also, what success are the Nationals having?

I'll agree it's pretty good, but not worth a trip to the brewery...I've never seen it elsewhere.

Yada

« Reply #3347 on: August 22, 2013, 08:50:16 am »
Had a Café Racer 15 last night prior to dinner at Church Key and damn was it delicious... amazing west coast DIPA.

imbecile

« Reply #3348 on: August 22, 2013, 08:55:45 am »
Had a Café Racer 15 last night prior to dinner at Church Key and damn was it delicious... amazing west coast DIPA.

Bah.. when I went a grabbed The Oracle, I saw this and seriously considered it as well, but ended up passing.  May have to trek back out for it.

Racer 5 is usually my go to beer at iota when I can't make a decision.  Is the 15 just a bigger better version? 

Yada

« Reply #3349 on: August 22, 2013, 08:56:50 am »

Bah.. when I went a grabbed The Oracle, I saw this and seriously considered it as well, but ended up passing.  May have to trek back out for it.

Racer 5 is usually my go to beer at iota when I can't make a decision.  Is the 15 just a bigger better version? 

Absolutely... Really can't even compare it to Racer 5 IMO. Much much better.

« Reply #3350 on: August 22, 2013, 11:04:47 am »
now I'm intrigued and want to try

Notes:
 Café Racer 15? features aromas of bright citrus and resinous pine from the generous use of Citra, Amarillo, Cascade and Chinook hops which are complimented by a dry malt finish. The result is a high revving Double IPA that is loud and assertive, much like the rebellious street racers who inspired it. Never ride alone...
slack

shemptiness

« Reply #3351 on: August 25, 2013, 09:30:32 pm »

James Ford

« Reply #3352 on: August 25, 2013, 10:28:11 pm »
I had one of these alongside a Stone Enjoy By 9.13.13 at the Virginia Beach Whole Foods yesterday. Stone was the clear winner.

Sieve-Fisted

« Reply #3353 on: August 26, 2013, 09:34:15 am »
Over the weekend I picked up a six pack of Flying Dog's new DIPA, The Truth. It was damn delicious. It has Warrior, Summit, CTZ, Citra, and Amarillo hops.

Yada

« Reply #3354 on: August 26, 2013, 09:55:33 am »
I had one of these alongside a Stone Enjoy By 9.13.13 at the Virginia Beach Whole Foods yesterday. Stone was the clear winner.

Haven't had the 9/13, but in general have been disappointed by all of the past "enjoy by" bottles.

Picked up a sixer of Oracle this weekend as well as a case of Wings.  :o :o :o

imbecile

« Reply #3355 on: August 26, 2013, 10:30:21 am »

Haven't had the 9/13, but in general have been disappointed by all of the past "enjoy by" bottles.

Oh man, nice haul.

I was able to find some Racer 15 over the weekend.  Will be giving it a try tonight.  Definitely looking forward to it.

Yada

« Reply #3356 on: August 26, 2013, 10:42:52 am »

Oh man, nice haul.

I was able to find some Racer 15 over the weekend.  Will be giving it a try tonight.  Definitely looking forward to it.

I've said it before, but I'm blown away by how tasty Wings is... In a blind taste test, I could be tricked into thinking I was drinking a Heady.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3357 on: August 26, 2013, 11:46:04 am »
finally tried a Midas Touch this weekend.  i didn't have high hopes for the muscat grape + saffron combo but it actually works.  yes, i'm late to this party.

i've been drinking the hell outta Smuttynose Baltic Porter.  i think it was Yada who brought a bottle to the last bottle share... great beer.  amazing clean malt flavors.

these two beers have the troublesome characteristic of completely hiding their 9% ABV. 

Over the weekend I picked up a six pack of Flying Dog's new DIPA, The Truth. It was damn delicious. It has Warrior, Summit, CTZ, Citra, and Amarillo hops.

i've been looking for this, haven't come across it yet.  definitely sounds tasty.
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #3358 on: August 26, 2013, 11:48:03 am »
Yada was at the last bottle share?  Did I miss one?

stevewizzle

« Reply #3359 on: August 26, 2013, 12:04:20 pm »
i've been drinking the hell outta Smuttynose Baltic Porter.  i think it was Yada who brought a bottle to the last bottle share... great beer.  amazing clean malt flavors.

'twas me.

that's an under-the-radar, oh shit this is amazing, type of beer.

there's a healthy stock at p st whole foods for $6.99.