Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3243847 times)

walkie,talkie

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #7530 on: October 25, 2016, 02:38:51 pm »
yes, certain beers store and age well, increasing the flavor of them ten fold.  I am told that backwoods, if you can make it 5 years, will destroy you.

hutch

« Reply #7531 on: October 25, 2016, 02:40:12 pm »
yes, certain beers store and age well, increasing the flavor of them ten fold.  I am told that backwoods, if you can make it 5 years, will destroy you.

ooooh that sounds like fun...gotta get me some of that...i'm not very good at keeping beer around for years... maybe i shoudl buy some and dig a hole in the backyard and put it in?

shemptiness

« Reply #7532 on: October 25, 2016, 02:42:55 pm »
So the anniversary weekend will be spent on the eastern shore.  Looking forward to visiting RAR and maybe ESBC in St. Michaels while hitting the oyster fest.  Any other suggestions?

hutch

« Reply #7533 on: October 25, 2016, 02:45:09 pm »
So the anniversary weekend will be spent on the eastern shore.  Looking forward to visiting RAR and maybe ESBC in St. Michaels while hitting the oyster fest.  Any other suggestions?

don't forget GPKJ!

Bagley

« Reply #7534 on: October 25, 2016, 02:51:42 pm »

don't forget GPKJ!

Burley Oak in Berlin, MD

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7535 on: October 25, 2016, 03:00:18 pm »
one, bottle of wicked weed permeo, to also store for one to two years

you will develop some (how much TBD) additional funk and/or sourness, however you will lose out on the lychees.  that's the problem with fruit sours: the fruit will drop out.  your call!
<sig>

walkie,talkie

« Reply #7536 on: October 25, 2016, 03:13:47 pm »
ok.  how long can I let it sit, do you think, to have it still taste good?  month, tops?  less?

Yada

« Reply #7537 on: October 25, 2016, 03:32:53 pm »
ok.  how long can I let it sit, do you think, to have it still taste good?  month, tops?  less?

Drink that now.

walkie,talkie

« Reply #7538 on: October 25, 2016, 03:54:32 pm »
Cool.  I will throw down a card game with my friends, and share it with everyone.

Space Freely

« Reply #7539 on: October 25, 2016, 04:10:13 pm »

I have Backwoods, Vulver, and CEntral WAters Bourbon Scotch Ale. Three of the highest rated (bourbon aged) scotch ales. I want to do a side by side but am waiting for a friend(s) to invite themselves to sample with us, as I don't think my wife and I can handle them alone.

Space Freely

« Reply #7540 on: October 25, 2016, 04:11:26 pm »
I cannot drink like I used to, for a while, which I am fine with.  I can consume one beer, now and again, and I am really starting to appreciate excellent beers for what they are . . . excellent in taste, and not so much only caring about getting fuckered up.

so with that in mind, I found the following from my local beer shoppee, and I purchased them

one four pack of founders harvest ale to share with a friend, who has never had it.
four, four packs of founders backwoods bastard, to store, for what I hope will be three to five years
one, bottle of wicked weed permeo, to also store for one to two years

thank you, for reading

nice score, for the sticks

« Reply #7541 on: October 25, 2016, 06:24:10 pm »

ooooh that sounds like fun...gotta get me some of that...i'm not very good at keeping beer around for years... maybe i shoudl buy some and dig a hole in the backyard and put it in?
at least go deep enough so the temp is constant :)

Not sure how your slumlord will be with the destruction of said hovel-yard?
slack

hutch

« Reply #7542 on: October 25, 2016, 06:51:50 pm »
My slumlord couldn't care... we have a jungle in the back now...

I just bought Lagunitas but I thought I was getting the IPA but got the PILS instead.. I had my kids with me picking up the pizzas so I wasn't very focused.. the six pack came with one Lagunitas STOOPID.. maybe htat is more promising

more news as developments warrant it..

maybe this should have gone in the "I have no life now" thread...

Didd anybody hear how IPA's are healthier?

walkie,talkie

« Reply #7543 on: October 25, 2016, 08:00:48 pm »
I am enjoying, this side direction, that the thread is now going on.

« Reply #7544 on: October 25, 2016, 08:49:06 pm »
tis all bout the tangents
slack