Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 933885 times)

vansmack

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #2475 on: November 22, 2016, 08:20:19 pm »
Inside, former reality TV star Tila Tequila ? who claims she is Hitler reincarnated ? joined two men in the movement in a sieg heil salute posted to Twitter.

Twitter suspends Tila Tequila Account
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #2476 on: November 22, 2016, 08:30:17 pm »
So, our Republican Governor in Md (who wrote in his dad's name for president) is telling us to 'take a deep breath'

Space Freely

« Reply #2477 on: November 23, 2016, 09:45:21 am »
I'm not sure if this is a beer thread post, a random thread post, or a Trump thread post, but I'll put it here.

So I stopped by P Street Whole Foods yesterday for a $5 flight (cheapest beer buzz in town if you pick the high ABV beers, just sayin').

So I'm enjoying my flight when this 75+ woman sits down next to me. She's got long white hair, I'm guessing she's some kind of aging hippie. She looks at my flight and asks "What is that you're drinking?" I tell her it's called a 'beer flight.' She looks amazed. "Well I've never heard of that before, wow. Do they do that at all the bars?" I told her I didn't really know, that I thought it was pretty common at beer establishments. "Do they do it across the street at Stoney's?" I told her I wasn't familiar with Stoney's.

She starts talking with this other woman about playing some game called ?Trivia? on her cell phone. She turns to me and asks ?Do you play Trivia?? I reply, ?Oh, I don?t have a cell phone.?

She looks at me with a mix of dismay and disbelief. ?You don?t have a cell phone? Everybody has a cell phone. Why don?t you have a cell phone??

?Oh, I guess I mean I don?t have a modern cellphone. I have on old timey one for emergencies. I don't do other stuff on it?

?Oh, you have a flip phone? Well you?ll get a cell phone, eventually. Then you?ll be able to play Trivia on it!?

I reply, ?Oh, my wife has an iphone. She plays all kinds of games on it.?

She answers, ?Oh, it?s not a game, it?s Trivia!?

Then she asks, "So do you like the Trump win?" And I reply with a somber "No."

And she launches into an monologue...."WHAT? You'd be ok with a woman President? I think that would be terrible! A woman can't be President. ISIS isn't going to be afraid of a woman. Those Moslems want to come here and take over. They want to make all the women wear veils." Turning to the woman next to her, "Do you want to be forced to wear a veil?"

At that point I checked myself out of the conversation, resisting the urge to try to engage her in thoughtful debate.

Space Freely

« Reply #2478 on: November 23, 2016, 09:48:15 am »
Has anybody else's sex life picked up measurably since Trump's election? I noticed a similar bump right after 9/11 that lasted years (ok, the fact that I met my wife three months before 9/11 probably had something to do with it).

I know it's a small sample size of time, but you gotta find the silver lining somewhere. Or make your own silver lining.

« Reply #2479 on: November 25, 2016, 02:25:18 pm »
this could be interesting
http://theweek.com/speedreads/662053/week-after-election-democrats-appear-verge-key-house-upset

I can only hope but Issa going down would be nice....
I can't stand Issa...but he's still got a 3K lead...may not know until 12/8
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/elections/sd-me-results-update-20161123-story.html

odd how just about the only info I could find was on Newsmax and breitbart?
slack

hutch

« Reply #2480 on: November 25, 2016, 03:25:06 pm »
this could be interesting
http://theweek.com/speedreads/662053/week-after-election-democrats-appear-verge-key-house-upset

I can only hope but Issa going down would be nice....
I can't stand Issa...but he's still got a 3K lead...may not know until 12/8
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/elections/sd-me-results-update-20161123-story.html

odd how just about the only info I could find was on Newsmax and breitbart?

based on latest info looks like Issa will be reelected...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 04:11:01 pm by martin8 »

« Reply #2481 on: November 25, 2016, 04:18:03 pm »
Anybody have relatives who voted for Trump and if so how are you handling it?

I'm thinking no visits to them until Trump is out of office.
I was most thankful this Thanksgiving to not be spending it with my Trump supporting inlaws
don't think I can avoid them for 4 years ...
slack

« Reply #2482 on: November 25, 2016, 04:44:22 pm »
Ms. McFarland, who will not require Senate confirmation, worked for the Nixon, Ford and Reagan administrations. From 1970 to 1976, she was an adviser to Henry A. Kissinger on the National Security Council. She also ran unsuccessfully in a 2006 Republican Senate primary race for the seat held by Hillary Clinton.

picking the outsiders I see
slack

walkie,talkie

« Reply #2484 on: November 25, 2016, 07:58:21 pm »
Anybody have relatives who voted for Trump and if so how are you handling it?

I'm thinking no visits to them until Trump is out of office.
I was most thankful this Thanksgiving to not be spending it with my Trump supporting inlaws
don't think I can avoid them for 4 years ...

My parents, who I am visiting for Thanksgiving at the beach, voted for Trump. You know what, I couldn't give a s***. Life's too short, to give a s***. I love my parents and they raised me right, which is why I don't give a s*** about who the f*** they voted for. Give me, a f****** break.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2485 on: November 26, 2016, 11:28:25 am »
I have never been happier or prouder to be an American than I have been ever since the election.  Thank you America for doing the right thing for the country!
FUKIT

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2486 on: November 26, 2016, 12:26:31 pm »
I have never been happier or prouder to be an American than I have been ever since the election.  Thank you America for doing the right thing for the country!
Go fuck yourself.
LVMH

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2487 on: November 26, 2016, 02:23:47 pm »
Go fuck yourself.

Someone needs to change her tampon
FUKIT

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2488 on: November 27, 2016, 05:28:43 pm »
Go fuck yourself.

Someone needs to change her tampon
Go fuck yourself.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #2489 on: November 27, 2016, 05:43:36 pm »
I'm still really agitated.. and I find people drawing all the wrong conclusions..everyone feels they know that ONE REASON TRUMP WON... and it usually leads into how horrible the Hillary campaign was... and how great Trump was.. it is particularly annoying to hear democrats who should know better parroting these inanities...

but I realize the history books are always written by the winner.. however, I was around when it happened and the Trump campaign was a shit-show.. he could not have done more crazy imbalanced shit... he lost all three debates clearly.. Hillary's campaign in contrast was measured.. they did the things winning campaigns do.. Of course they made some mistakes but this retroactive rewriting largely by people who did not closely follow the election or "journalists" seeking to bolster their bonafides after having been entirely wrong during the electoral process.. well it really ticks me off..

At some point one has to say the reason is that the American people voted for Trump... and we can't let them off the hook with a political maxim of the "The American people never make a mistake" or some such... the American people messed up big time and that happens.. of course the press isn't going to point that unpleasant reality.. or that Hillary was correct in that at least half of Trump supporters are deplorables... I don't expect the media or history books to cover that...