Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1370301 times)

vansmack

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #1755 on: January 09, 2009, 08:17:30 pm »
didnt have it against hull last week

"Game" or the hair style?
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1756 on: January 09, 2009, 08:19:09 pm »
hairstyle. he was ok in the first half, so he had like 35% 'game'
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1757 on: January 11, 2009, 01:56:26 pm »
I bet you're not minding the hairstyle now....

In other news, my Sunday is starting out brilliantly.  Giggs looks 30 again...

27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1758 on: January 11, 2009, 02:28:36 pm »
BTW - FSC messed up the brilliant play of the game.  What the replay showed as maybe the most retarded play we've seen in a long time didn't tell the whole story.  When Giggs grabbed the corner, started dribbling towards the goal and delivered the cross that led to a goal that was called back, that's not the whole story.  If you, like me were wondering why Giggs wasn't carded and the ball was turned over to Chelsea...

Turns out Rooney set the ball on the corner and ever so slightly kicked it a few yards towards Giggs who was running over to take the corner.  Rooney non-chalantly walked away until Giggsy grabbed it, spun around and delivered the cross that led to the goal that should have counted had either official seen what happened.  It was well within the rules, and in my eyes, brilliant.
27>34

Barcelona

« Reply #1759 on: January 11, 2009, 08:11:41 pm »
Here in South America, I watched the game on Fox sports Latin America and the live and replay images gave the impression that Manchester United didn´t start the play properly from the corner. However, seeing Rooney´s complaints, it seemed that there was something strange in the referee´s call.

Still, Chelsea was awful. As much as I dislike Mourinho (who was in the stadium watching the game), this guy made this team a good team, you would be scared of the defense with Carvalho, Terry, midfield with Lampard, Makelele, Cole, attack with Drogba... but these days they seem beatable by any team. He messed up last year with Sevchenko and a disappointing Ballack, but now with Scolari they look awful.

as for tevez, i have never been impressed, sell him to Real Madrid.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1760 on: January 12, 2009, 11:16:36 am »
well...every team needs a dodgy hair player. id rather it be carroll than alan smith

the corner really did confuse me. i was laughing at the result though. the side that man u put out did not impress me, but man did they prove me wrong. i dont think scolari knows what he's doing
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1761 on: January 12, 2009, 01:19:09 pm »
the corner really did confuse me. i was laughing at the result though. the side that man u put out did not impress me, but man did they prove me wrong. i dont think scolari knows what he's doing

What, the thought of Giggs, Fletcher and Park in the midifield with Johnny Evans and Gary Neville on the back line didn't have you shaking in your boots?  Me neither, to be honest.  How Carrick sits that one out is beyond me...

That being said, Park is an amazing workhorse (his yellow was BS - if you card Park for the dive how did you not card Ballack for his dive in the box), Giggs looked as good as I've seen him in recent years and Johnny Evans was surprisingly strong.  That being said, you guys are both right: as good as United played, that result was much more about Chelsea looking in poor form.  I thought the talk of Scolari was premature, but now I'm starting to agree. 
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1762 on: January 12, 2009, 01:39:48 pm »
yeah, carrick's ommission was confusing, but whats happened to anderson and nani? i kind of liked that one of them would get time last year in nearly every match, but i dont think ive seen either on the pitch in the half dozen or so man u matches ive watched this year. i never rated park highly, but hes done well each time ive seen him play this year
o/\o

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1763 on: January 13, 2009, 12:11:20 pm »
hey smackie

is the toon/hull replay not on tv? i cant find it  :'(
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1764 on: January 13, 2009, 01:01:11 pm »
hey smackie

is the toon/hull replay not on tv? i cant find it  :'(

It is not:

Tuesday, Jan 13

3:00pm FA Cup Bristol City vs Portsmouth (Set)

Wed,  Jan. 14

3:00pm Premiership Man Utd vs Wigan (Set)
3:00pm  FA Cup Southend United vs Chelsea (FSC)
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1765 on: January 13, 2009, 01:17:57 pm »
booo
o/\o

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1766 on: January 14, 2009, 05:47:47 pm »
guess i should be glad. messageboards claim owen missed half a dozen easy chances

oh and zogs apparently is telling lyon to come get him  ::)
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1767 on: January 15, 2009, 03:08:58 pm »
Well, the write up about the match refelcted your thoughts.  This is going to be a much longer season then you or I imagined.

United weren't much better after Rooney went off.  Ronaldo is a bit of a waste without Rooney out there running off the ball.  At this point I'd take the 100 Million Euros and move on.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1768 on: January 15, 2009, 03:17:18 pm »
Saturday, January 17

10:00am Bolton vs Man Utd (set)
10:00am Chelsea vs Stoke City (FSC) 
10:00am Blackburn vs Newcastle (Set XTRA - DirectTV only)
12:30pm Hull City vs Arsenal (FSC) 
5:00pm Blackburn vs Newcastle (Set)
6:45pm Sunderland vs Aston Villa (Set)
8:00pm Manchester City vs Wigan (FSC)

Sunday, January 18

8:25am West Ham vs Fulham (Set)
11:00am Tottenham vs Portsmouth (FSC) 

Monday, January 19

3:00pm Liverpool vs Everton (Set)
27>34

godsshoeshine

o/\o