Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1182229 times)

atomic

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #2565 on: January 03, 2014, 05:25:31 pm »
I would still not be able to buy the BMW M6 Grand Coupe that I so desperately need. 
You forgot to log into the Julian account.

I hate when that happens.

vansmack

« Reply #2566 on: January 03, 2014, 06:00:17 pm »
The real problem is not the 1 percenters.  Most of these guys are just doctors and attorneys.  It is the guys making 40 million a year that are the issues.

I thought I posted this in my thread a while back, but maybe I didn't:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPKKQnijnsM#t=0
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #2567 on: January 06, 2014, 08:15:44 pm »
School cancelled tomorrow. We live in a world of wimps.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2568 on: January 06, 2014, 08:18:50 pm »
truest thing . . . youve said all day.  should i post some cats?

James Ford

« Reply #2569 on: January 06, 2014, 08:28:05 pm »
I'm leaving my cat outside tonight. Just to prove she's not a pussy.

shemptiness

« Reply #2570 on: January 07, 2014, 09:00:37 am »

Mostly in Va.  What's up with that?  My kids are learnin' today.

James Ford

« Reply #2571 on: January 07, 2014, 10:49:33 am »
We'll be burying the family cat once the ground thaws. My daughter doesn't have school today, but at least she learned a life lesson about the weather.

I'm leaving my cat outside tonight. Just to prove she's not a pussy.

atomic

« Reply #2572 on: January 07, 2014, 11:24:26 am »

I guess area teachers are the laziest teachers in the world.  What year did the Chesapeake Bay freeze over.  We were out there every day in the cold waiting for the bus every day back then with no complaints.  The schools have heat.  School shouldn't have been closed one day this year.  We haven't had any bad weather.   

On a related note.  When we had those big snow storms a couple years back my job didn't close a single day.  You were expected to be at work.  I tried to drive in the middle of the second snow storm but all the gas stations were closed.  It was fun driving in those conditions.  Just drive exactly in the middle of the electical poles.

James Ford

« Reply #2573 on: January 07, 2014, 11:28:27 am »
The teachers aren't the ones who decide to close school. You do know that, don't you?

I guess area teachers are the laziest teachers in the world.  What year did the Chesapeake Bay freeze over.  We were out there every day in the cold waiting for the bus every day back then with no complaints.  The schools have heat.  School shouldn't have been closed one day this year.  We haven't had any bad weather.   

On a related note.  When we had those big snow storms a couple years back my job didn't close a single day.  You were expected to be at work.  I tried to drive in the middle of the second snow storm but all the gas stations were closed.  It was fun driving in those conditions.  Just drive exactly in the middle of the electical poles.

atomic

« Reply #2574 on: January 07, 2014, 11:31:18 am »
The teachers aren't the ones who decide to close school. You do know that, don't you?

You are saying the school administrator is not a former teacher?  And he doesn't get off as well?

I wonder what all the parents do who are counting on their kids being at school.  Do they have to take the day off?

Yada

« Reply #2575 on: January 07, 2014, 11:37:06 am »

You are saying the school administrator is not a former teacher?  And he doesn't get off as well?

I wonder what all the parents do who are counting on their kids being at school.  Do they have to take the day off?

No, they leave their children at home by themselves.

James Ford

« Reply #2576 on: January 07, 2014, 11:42:07 am »
Monday, January 6 - 5:45 p.m. - All Fairfax County public schools will be closed Tuesday, January 7, due to dangerously low temperatures and wind chill. Offices will be open.

My wife told her boss she'd either work from home or take a sick day and not work at all. Her boss opted for the former.

atomic

« Reply #2577 on: January 07, 2014, 12:00:41 pm »
Monday, January 6 - 5:45 p.m. - All Fairfax County public schools will be closed Tuesday, January 7, due to dangerously low temperatures and wind chill. Offices will be open.

My wife told her boss she'd either work from home or take a sick day and not work at all. Her boss opted for the former.

So basically your wife's company is suffering from less work getting done by your wife because the teachers don't want to work?

hutch

« Reply #2578 on: January 07, 2014, 12:24:43 pm »

So basically your wife's company is suffering from less work getting done by your wife because the teachers don't want to work?

Arlington schools started two hours later than scheduled... personally I don't care but was it that much warmer when they picked up my kid at 940 instead of 7:40? Maybe they needed a little extra time to warm up the school if they didn't keep it warm overnight?

I don't know..... it is cold as fuck out there...I prefer to leave it to the professionals...

James Ford

« Reply #2579 on: January 07, 2014, 01:51:31 pm »
I bet my wife was the only one from her "company" working from 8:30pm-11:30pm last night, like she seems to every night.