Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1180035 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #3030 on: January 30, 2014, 02:08:08 pm »
oh what do i care anyway . . . i fucking hate vinyl.

hutch

« Reply #3031 on: January 30, 2014, 02:12:02 pm »
you guys are trying too hard here..

the fundamental issue is that spotify screws the artist over.. if you all sleep well at night that is fine.. i could care less... i got enough issues in my own life

you remind me of people that watch a debate and say... X lied 99 times.. Y lied 1 time.. yeah, they're both liars..they're the same

i'm no audiophile (far from it) but last night i was listening to the original making movies lp.... man it sounded so fuckin' sweet... if sound quality in music makes no difference to you then sure you can go to spotify or youtube or download some shitty mp3 and listen to that...whatever, you're missing out or let me rephrase it: i would be missing out.

its amusing that for decades people actually cared about sound and now, here amongst us we have a great example, we have the first generation to be like "screw sound I just want all the music all for free.. i don't care about sound.. i don't care who played anything..i don't need to know anything... mastering? what the fuck is that?"

ggw

« Reply #3032 on: January 30, 2014, 02:13:06 pm »
It would be humorous if Hutch truly believed he had the artist's interests in mind when he was buying used products.

I've got no beef with buying used records, but I certainly don't delude myself into believing I am helping out the artist by depleting the supply of used product and thus forcing the marginal buyers into new stock.

I really hope this is just a weak attempt at humor.

Hutch, you posted like 20 albums you bought used the other day.  The band/songwriter gets ZERO of that... So what are your thoughts about buying used music?  Necessary evil?  I am just curious.  Everyone loves to slam everyone else for what they do... You say "fuck spotify" (I agree by the way) but then buy tons of used vinyl...

Buying stuff used helps the artist. If Hutch doesn't buy the used copy someone else would now that someone else will have to buy it new.

exactly... I was going to say there are linkages between the used and new music market..they don't operate in isolation of each other

if i go on amazon.com and buy say the avett brothers used for 8.99 plus shipping then the next person will buy it new because there won't be any used copies that cost less

Why would it be an attempt at humor?

Hexenjagd

« Reply #3033 on: January 30, 2014, 02:13:30 pm »
It all comes down to what you play the music through.  A shit setup will always sound shitty.  

atomic

« Reply #3034 on: January 30, 2014, 02:15:17 pm »

the fundamental issue is that spotify screws the artist over.. if you all sleep well at night that is fine.. i could care less... i got enough issues in my own life

you remind me of people that watch a debate and say... X lied 99 times.. Y lied 1 time.. yeah, they're both liars..they're the same

i'm no audiophile (far from it) but last night i was listening to the original making movies lp.... man it sounded so fuckin' sweet... if sound quality in music makes no difference to you then sure you can go to spotify or youtube or download some shitty mp3 and listen to that...whatever, you're missing out or let me rephrase it: i would be missing out.

its amusing that for decades people actually cared about sound and now, here amongst us we have a great example, we have the first generation to be like "screw sound I just want all the music all for free.. i don't care about sound.. i don't care who played anything..i don't need to know anything... mastering? what the fuck is that?"

It is hard to listen to vinyl when driving down the road at 80 mph.   I do listen to Vinyl at home but when I leave the house I listen to lower quality audio types.

James Ford

« Reply #3035 on: January 30, 2014, 02:20:38 pm »
I blame Kanye.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3036 on: January 30, 2014, 02:22:04 pm »
and there is nothing worse, than buying anything, that is used.  disgusting.  i mean, really, man.

hutch

« Reply #3037 on: January 30, 2014, 02:23:01 pm »
It would be humorous if Hutch truly believed he had the artist's interests in mind when he was buying used products.

I've got no beef with buying used records, but I certainly don't delude myself into believing I am helping out the artist by depleting the supply of used product and thus forcing the marginal buyers into new stock.

never said that...

;D

fact is it does help though

look at vinyl... as more people want it what are we seeing? harder to find good used copies... reissues are coming out like gangbusters.

stevewizzle

« Reply #3038 on: January 30, 2014, 02:23:49 pm »
can we all stop replying on the top of quotations? it's like reading from right to left.

atomic

« Reply #3039 on: January 30, 2014, 02:26:25 pm »
I was thinking that in a year when I was done paying my Alimony I could buy myself a really expensive Audi.  Then I calculated what day care costs and I realized I am not getting an Audi.   :'(

ggw

« Reply #3040 on: January 30, 2014, 02:28:30 pm »
I was thinking that in a year when I was done paying my Alimony I could buy myself a really expensive Audi.  Then I calculated what day care costs and I realized I am not getting an Audi.   :'(

Audis are passe.  Get a Ghibli.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3041 on: January 30, 2014, 02:32:55 pm »
just make sure, its not used.

James Ford

« Reply #3042 on: January 30, 2014, 02:36:17 pm »
Why? I like to read the reply first. If the reply is boring, I don't have to bother rereading what they are quoting.
 :D
can we all stop replying on the top of quotations? it's like reading from right to left.

atomic

« Reply #3043 on: January 30, 2014, 02:39:30 pm »
nevermind.

stevewizzle

« Reply #3044 on: January 30, 2014, 02:40:15 pm »
Why? I like to read the reply first. If the reply is boring, I don't have to bother rereading what they are quoting.
 :D

because scrolling through it reads like a pile of shit. i'm going to modify the atomic blocking script and block you if you keep this shit up.