Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2689661 times)

James Ford

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #1680 on: October 28, 2009, 12:41:26 pm »
I used to always see Jon Wurster grocery shopping at Fresh Fields when I lived in Chapel Hill back in the 90's. True story.

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  When I lived in Chapel Hill for a year, the drummer for Superchunk was in line behind me a couple of time at Whole Foods (then Fresh Fields).

I offered to buy his groceries for him, but he refused my charity.

See, somebody else saw him shopping there too. If that's not proof that my storie's true, and that I'm not just dropping names, I don't know what is.

James Ford

« Reply #1681 on: October 28, 2009, 12:44:15 pm »
You've got me confused with another bearman...I didn't talk with Roderick ;)  I had on the Social D work shirt.

I meant how was Roderick's set? He's usually quite funny onstage.

vansmack

« Reply #1682 on: October 28, 2009, 12:55:17 pm »
See, somebody else saw him shopping there too. If that's not proof that my storie's true, and that I'm not just dropping names, I don't know what is.

It was fine that you were taking on a different persona, but don't let that new persona rehash the same old stories.
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #1683 on: October 28, 2009, 01:10:53 pm »
Ok, I'll charm you with some cute kid quotes from yesterday morning.

Drag queen on TODAY show, my daughter says, "Look at this guy mommy! I like him!"

...so, we dump her poo poo into the big potty and she says "poo poo taking a bath"

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1684 on: October 28, 2009, 02:02:27 pm »
take her to Baby Loves Disco at RnR...I'll go ;)

it's pajama party nov 14!!!

Drag queen on TODAY show, my daughter says, "Look at this guy mommy! I like him!"

...so, we dump her poo poo into the big potty and she says "poo poo taking a bath"
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 02:04:43 pm by Hello Sunshine M! »
(_|_)

eltee

« Reply #1685 on: October 28, 2009, 04:18:29 pm »

It was fine that you were taking on a different persona, but don't let that new persona rehash the same old stories.
Or, inject stories about your baby and her poo. James Ford doesn't have kids.

I saw a guy w/ a Social D jacket - sorry didn't realize it was a "workshirt". ;)

nkotb

« Reply #1686 on: October 28, 2009, 04:32:39 pm »
Uh, in Season 3, Episode 4, entitled "Every Man for Himself," we find out that Sawyer has fathered a child with Cassidy Phillips, the woman who was his long con in Season 2, Episode 13, entitled "The Long Con".

Worst post ever.

Or, inject stories about your baby and her poo. James Ford doesn't have kids.

I saw a guy w/ a Social D jacket - sorry didn't realize it was a "workshirt". ;)

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #1687 on: October 28, 2009, 05:55:24 pm »
Uh, in Season 3, Episode 4, entitled "Every Man for Himself," we find out that Sawyer has fathered a child with Cassidy Phillips, the woman who was his long con in Season 2, Episode 13, entitled "The Long Con".

GOD, that episode was so good. But, wasn't that in the episode "What Kate Did"? The one where Kate's driving through iowa or something and gets a flat and Cassidy helps her out...?
Woof.

nkotb

« Reply #1688 on: October 28, 2009, 06:00:44 pm »
I normally wouldn't try to out geek anyone, but since my wife and I started watching Lost on DVD (starting with Season one, like we do every year in anticipation of the new DVD), it's all in my brain.

What Kate Did was when she off'd her father in season 2 (with the black horse on the island).  It wasn't until the third season, with Left Behind, when she met up with Cassidy, who we met in episode 4 of that season.

GOD, that episode was so good. But, wasn't that in the episode "What Kate Did"? The one where Kate's driving through iowa or something and gets a flat and Cassidy helps her out...?

killsaly

« Reply #1689 on: October 28, 2009, 06:07:35 pm »
I am about to start rewatching the series in anticipation for the new season.  I got into it right before season 5 started and good thing, because i dont know if I could have waited so long between each season. 

eltee

« Reply #1690 on: October 28, 2009, 07:52:59 pm »
ha what's funny is I knew I was probably commenting too quickly and had that factoid wrong.
worst post ever? no. the fact I started a major detour in the thread, perhaps. Sorry all it's Rhett, er, James' fault!

Cali

« Reply #1691 on: October 28, 2009, 09:04:36 pm »

lucky you, I went last year and it was a blast.  this year will be more insane since it's halloween weekend  ;D

i hope so. i went the year the peppers played and had a good time.

someone here has to go to the cypress hill show and give a review

nkotb

« Reply #1692 on: October 28, 2009, 10:15:01 pm »
I'm pretty sure I'm in for Future of the Left tomorrow night, if this cold doesn't get any worse.

Anyone know anything about that Vivian Girls show in Silver Spring tomorrow night?  Corpse Fortress?  Found the MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/corpsefortress) page...anyone been?

azaghal1981

« Reply #1693 on: October 29, 2009, 12:28:55 am »
Consider it done.

someone here has to go to the cypress hill show and give a review
احمد

eltee

« Reply #1694 on: October 29, 2009, 06:04:49 pm »
I meant how was Roderick's set? He's usually quite funny onstage.
I didn't watch, but I heard it. Sorta loud for a solo act is all I could tell.

Listening to Ben/Jay music today - I'm really glad I was able to go to this show. Being able to get up close, in a different and smaller crowd setting, has really enhanced their music for me. (Generally their band shows are sold out so I don't have that experience.)