Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2689707 times)

atomicfront

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #4575 on: November 13, 2012, 10:44:59 am »
are folks taking walkies seriously on this?  the guy complains that visiting DC = automatic mugging and stabbing.  anything outside his cabin is automatically the apocalypse.  y'all been trolled.
No, Ive been using the internet long enough to understand how it works.  But i will ask questions to someone who makes statements against things I like, and doesnt give good reason.

hipster kids + arty kids + questionable music - bars with good alcohol =  awful
Music is subjective. I would guess that a lot of people would find your musical tastes questionable.

People like to throw out the hipster label.  Just liking non-mainstream music doesnt make a person a hipster. Nor does going to shows at DIY venues.

Arty = creative and smart usually.

Not everyone drinks.  Not everyone likes to have to be around a bunch of drunk people while they watch bands.  If you absolutely need to be drunk to watch your favorite bands, they might suck.  You might also have a problem.

(trolling response, dont really care btw)

People on this board do not like popular bands and they don't like bands that play DIY venues.  It appears the only thing they like is classic rock. or bands that mimic classic rock (MMJ).   Come on guys get with the program..   And how do not know about DIY venues if you spend all your time on a music forum?  . I have been going to them since the early 80's. 

Anyway my wife is an MICA alumni and she doesn't care too much for most of the DIY venues.    I do find it interesting that they don't have security at such venues but I have never seen a fight at one since the skinheads stop attending around 1985. 

jrho

« Reply #4576 on: November 13, 2012, 11:04:37 am »
The Hush Sound in Philly on Friday

atomicfront

« Reply #4577 on: November 13, 2012, 11:17:14 am »
Deerhoof, tonight!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4578 on: November 13, 2012, 11:38:14 am »
i like how people think just because i like to have a beer at show, then i have to have a beer at a show, and i have a problem.  no, i don't have a fucking problem unless of course the beer they serve is shitty.  what a weird fucking concept . . . having a fucking drink at a show.  yes, everybody who drinks alcohol is a fucking alcoholic.

stevewizzle

« Reply #4579 on: November 13, 2012, 11:43:01 am »
People on this board do not like popular bands and they don't like bands that play DIY venues.  It appears the only thing they like is classic rock. or bands that mimic classic rock (MMJ). 

plenty of people saw joy formidable at st stephens this past saturday, both popular and DIY. so your theory is silly.

and it's not that people dislike popular bands.  people like talking about popular bands because there will always be a conversation to be had about whether someone is genuinely talented or manufactured bullshit.

hutch

« Reply #4580 on: November 13, 2012, 11:50:35 am »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4581 on: November 13, 2012, 11:55:41 am »
sorry . . . bad morning.  walkonby, you need to stop complaining.  yeah right.  im trying.  i am.  the fact i yelled makes me mad . . . the fact it was to killsaly, it makes me mad.  sorry.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:17:51 pm by walkonby »

atomicfront

« Reply #4582 on: November 13, 2012, 12:21:06 pm »
People on this board do not like popular bands and they don't like bands that play DIY venues.  It appears the only thing they like is classic rock. or bands that mimic classic rock (MMJ). 

or manufactured bullshit.

Like the stuff pitchfork praises. 

atomicfront

« Reply #4583 on: November 13, 2012, 12:23:18 pm »
i like how people think just because i like to have a beer at show, then i have to have a beer at a show, and i have a problem.  no, i don't have a fucking problem unless of course the beer they serve is shitty.  what a weird fucking concept . . . having a fucking drink at a show.  yes, everybody who drinks alcohol is a fucking alcoholic.

I would like to state that everytime I go to a DIY show I get wasted.  Bringing my own stuff means I drink like a fish.  9 dollars for a beer means I might have 2 at most. 

atomicfront

« Reply #4584 on: November 13, 2012, 12:24:15 pm »

plenty of people saw joy formidable at st stephens this past saturday, both popular and DIY. so your theory is silly.

and it's not that people dislike popular bands.  people like talking about popular bands because there will always be a conversation to be had about whether someone is genuinely talented or manufactured bullshit.

A show of a known band at a church is hardly a DIY show we are talking about. We are talking about shows at people's apartments or art studio.

killsaly

« Reply #4585 on: November 13, 2012, 01:06:23 pm »
sorry . . . bad morning.  walkonby, you need to stop complaining.  yeah right.  im trying.  i am.  the fact i yelled makes me mad . . . the fact it was to killsaly, it makes me mad.  sorry.
Its all good i was just trolling with the alcohol comments.  I dont drink and dont care if anybody else does (i did it myself for many moons and have a very personal reason of why i no longer consume any).  I do understand why people do it and especially in a live music environment. 

Why does yelling at me make you mad?

Just remember:

(also the less people who like DIY venues, the more room I get. ;)

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4586 on: November 13, 2012, 02:25:45 pm »
i got mad . . . because yes, i think you are one of the nicest people on here.  there, i said it.

stevewizzle

« Reply #4587 on: November 13, 2012, 02:27:21 pm »

or manufactured bullshit.

Like the stuff pitchfork praises. 

unfair to limit it just to pitchfork.

A show of a known band at a church is hardly a DIY show we are talking about. We are talking about shows at people's apartments or art studio.

just pointing out an exception to your theory that hits on both accounts, but yeah, i understand you're talking about a different type of show and artist.  

killsaly

« Reply #4588 on: November 13, 2012, 03:11:40 pm »
i got mad . . . because yes, i think you are one of the nicest people on here.  there, i said it.
aww thanks.  I try to be nice in real life as well as on the internet.  I decided a long time ago to let my posts on forums and places on Facebook at least semi reflect my personality.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #4589 on: November 13, 2012, 03:50:12 pm »
The Faint - Saturday @ Regency Ballroom (SF)
did this show happen in dc yet and if so, how was it?
HeyLa