Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2689679 times)

Relaxer

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #4620 on: November 19, 2012, 04:08:54 pm »
More like Bob Mumblan' amirite ladies in the back?
oword

atomicfront

« Reply #4621 on: November 19, 2012, 04:39:22 pm »
Lol, who wants to see Bob Dylan, right guys?

Not I.. He is probably last on my performers I would want to see.  Actually in 2009 I was in Atlanta for a week and the one night I had a choice between seeing Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, John Cougar or Snoop Dogg, Slightly Stupid, Stephen Marley and Mickey Avalon and guess I went to see?

Actually I just went for Stephen Marley and Mickey Avalon but I think I made the right choice. 

atomicfront

« Reply #4622 on: November 19, 2012, 04:42:13 pm »
Man, you are trying SOOOOO hard to be cool and hip and with it and not 47.

I'm in for Dylan.

The last time I saw him at Verizon I was surprised that it seemed to be close to sold out.  That was over 10 years ago though - and I don't recall the decent seats costing $150 (after fees.)

really want to go, and i really want a good seat . . . but those prices make even me wince, which i rarely complain about prices.  except for the stones and lada gaga.  i mean, really?

It is funny how the most expensive tickets are for bands that are way past the point of me wanting to see them. 

I blame it on not having kids.  I think having kids is what makes your life being over and you liking stuff that you liked when you were a teenager or college student. 

hutch

« Reply #4623 on: November 19, 2012, 04:46:04 pm »
I'm going to the Dylan show... I think I may have my best seat in 20 plus shows of seeing him in 16 years.... even better, perhaps, than the two times I saw him at the 930...

Verizon Center is absolutely to be avoided...only going cause its Bob and my seat....

I saw Bob about three months ago in Salisbury, MD and thought he was great.. I enjoyed his plonking on the piano and I thought he sounded great....

But it ain't for everyone and you pretty much know if its for you or not by listening to the new album...

azaghal1981

« Reply #4624 on: November 19, 2012, 05:35:19 pm »
Magnetic Fields played roughly the same set as the show at the club earlier in 2012 but I enjoyed this show more. Mostly because I had a seat.
Some variation but not much. Too much 69 love songs; not as much creativity in the set selection as I would have liked. Still, great fun show.

I didn't go to the club show earlier this year (actually, I haven't seen them since the 2002 two-day 69LS show in NYC), so I actually liked this set-- but was surprised at how much 69LS they played (not terribly surprised, though, about which ones they chose).  Were you at the Saturday show or the Sunday one?  I was at Sunday's.  The banter between Claudia and Stephen remains one of the most charming parts of a TMF performance.

Also was at Sunday's gig. And yeah those two are hilarious together.

Naomi Punk/Beach Week tonight
Silo Halo/Mean Season Wednesday
Both at Black Cat Backstage.
احمد

atomicfront

« Reply #4625 on: November 19, 2012, 06:36:15 pm »
I thought i had a week  off from shows than I remember Of Monsters and Men on Saturday!!!!! in Philly at the tower theater.  Only other time I was there was for the Arcade Fire/the National show there a few years back.  Great show.  Lets hope Of Monsters and Men is as awesome. 

hutch

« Reply #4626 on: November 19, 2012, 07:11:23 pm »
actually this will be my 19th bob dylan show...although its possible i'm blanking out on one or two..no other act have i seen this many times.. not even close..of course between 1996-1999 I was a Dylan maniac so I racked up a lot of shows during that period (which happened to be a really good period with Larry Campbell in the band and he was sort of jam band bob..playing Dead songs and jammin' a lot on guitar)

south bend 1996
akron 1996 (Kenny Wayne Shepherd opened)
waltham 1997
wolftrap*2 (Ani Difranco opened) 1997
930*2 1997
Madison Square Garden theatre (Van opened) 1998
georgia (Joni opened) 1998
chicago (joni Opened) 1998
nissan (Paul Simon closed) 1999
newark, delaware (Susan Tedeschi opened) 1999
baltimore, md (Phil Lesh and Friends opened) 1999
patriot center 2002
merriweather (Elvis Costello opened) 2007
electric factory 2008
charlottesville 2010
salisbury, md 2012

by the way the last time the ticket prices at verizon were: $35.00, $49.50
It was the Love and Theft tour... that album did really well.. there was no opener as far as I can tell...

this time ticket prices are:  $129.50, $89.50, $65.00, $50.00
Of course Mark Knopfler is opening which is meant to be a draw...but talk about concert price inflation..but we'v'e all seen it...its not limited to Dylan..

atomicfront

« Reply #4627 on: November 19, 2012, 09:01:26 pm »
Man bob dylan has some shitty openers.  Well except van morrison...mark knopler might be the worst.

hutch

« Reply #4628 on: November 19, 2012, 09:35:39 pm »
Man bob dylan has some shitty openers.  Well except van morrison...mark knopler might be the worst.

you taking the piss mate? Just making sure before I go jujitsu on you!  ;D

K8teebug

« Reply #4629 on: November 20, 2012, 09:55:28 am »
I've seen dylan a bunch of times too.  LOVE HIM.

Wolftrap (w/ Ani Difranco)
College Park (w/ Joni Mitchell)
Nissan (w/ Paul Simon) - my favorite Dylan show
Baltimore Arena (w/ Phil Lesh)
Aberdeen (w/ Willie Nelson)

He's one of my all time favorites.

atomicfront

« Reply #4630 on: November 20, 2012, 10:38:12 am »

you taking the piss mate? Just making sure before I go jujitsu on you!  ;D

I am being serious, I like Van Morrison.  The rest are crap.  Anyway that makes me think about how I have seen Depeche Mode a bunch of times and they always have good openers.   Book Of Love, OMD, Primal Scream, Peter, Bjorn and John, Nitzer Ebb, Poe

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #4631 on: November 20, 2012, 03:31:36 pm »
Possibly heading to Caspa tonight. Would probably only go to see my buds Bill and Willy open up for him. Probably would melt my brain if I sat there for a full hour plus of Dubstep. I shudder at the thought.
‼‼?‼‼

Unsanity

« Reply #4632 on: November 24, 2012, 05:50:28 pm »
OM tonight at Ottobar. Should be a mystical show!

azaghal1981

« Reply #4633 on: November 24, 2012, 06:09:29 pm »
Sonic Circuits benefit deal at Pyramid tonight.
احمد

atomicfront

« Reply #4634 on: November 25, 2012, 04:36:00 pm »
The of Monsters and Men show last night in Philly was pretty incredible.  Wish I had tickets to tonights show at the 930 club.  I wish we had a  place around here like the Tower Theater.  Great views and sound in that building.