Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2689721 times)

wml7

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #5100 on: April 30, 2013, 10:28:26 am »
I'm surprised the HTDA show isn't sold out.
Chili cook off saturday with all the meat heads
  ;D

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5101 on: April 30, 2013, 01:15:31 pm »
Set times for HTDA from the Fillmore box office:

Doors 7:00
Diiv 8:00 - 8:30
HTDA 9:00 - 10:10

Ermmm....Quarry house 10:20 - 12:00?

bearman🐻

« Reply #5102 on: April 30, 2013, 10:52:48 pm »
Really enjoyed HTDA...beautiful visuals & the sound was excellent. Great to see you Sweetcell!

Got Haggis?

« Reply #5103 on: May 01, 2013, 08:53:09 am »
yeah, the visuals were incredible.  LED lights allow bands to do crazy stuff nowadays.  This was my first time at The Fillmore.  Went upstairs to check it out and was disappointed to find out they had seating and tables around the edge that you had to pay additional money if you wanted to sit there.  They sold me $20 for seating...but a friend told me it was like $100 for a table and $40 for seating later....that is insane.  You can still stand behind the seats, but the view is somewhat obscured. 

Hopefully no more bands play there that I want to see.

my only complaint was that some douchebag in front of me (I was towards the front) had his cell phone on during the entire time recording - obscuring my vision + blinding me with the light form the screen

stupid kids need to get off my lawn

hutch

« Reply #5104 on: May 01, 2013, 08:57:18 am »

my only complaint was that some douchebag in front of me (I was towards the front) had his cell phone on during the entire time recording - obscuring my vision + blinding me with the light form the screen

dude, that was wml7....

wml7

« Reply #5105 on: May 01, 2013, 09:17:16 am »

dude, that was wml7....

Lol, sorry wasn't at the show and if I was I don't block peoples view.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5106 on: May 01, 2013, 11:51:21 am »
i was thoroughly impressed with the HTDA show.  the music translated live better that i thought it would.  visuals were indeed stunning, need to upload a few of the pix i took.  sound quality was great.  the room felt very generic and folks at the bar, along the sides, wouldn't shut up.  luckily i managed to move into the center of the floor after a few songs and that greatly improved my experience.  didn't love the venue but didn't instantly hate it.  it was just... there.

always good to bump into bearman, and apologies to hemishire for the ticket screw-up.  luckily someone took pity on my lack of organizational skills (brought the wrong tickets to the show!) and gave me their extra.
<sig>

killsaly

« Reply #5107 on: May 01, 2013, 12:37:44 pm »
I agree, that was an excellent show.  DIIV killed it.  HTDA were a complete experience... Visually, and sonically.  My only complaint is that I was next to a few "Bros" (capital B) who would not shut up pretty much the whole time, and who drank so much beer they all had to take several bathroom breaks during the relatively short time HTDA played. (and crowd noise in general, why cant people shut up for ONE HOUR?)  Anyways, back to the good.  Sound?  Excellent.  The bass was loud, and I could clearly make out all singing and instruments (ie the loud bass didnt drown anything out, like it could in a bass heavy show), everything sounded good.  Visuals?  nine inch nails level for sure.  It was great to be able to see them in a venue that size.  The venue was nice, and clean.  The staff was friendly, nice bathrooms, etc.  I really enjoyed the venue and the night. 

Complaint 2 - Joe.  What is up with that dude? 

azaghal1981

« Reply #5108 on: May 01, 2013, 12:44:31 pm »
Joe is fucking lame.
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #5109 on: May 01, 2013, 01:03:15 pm »
Yep.  Always wanting to go to multiple shows in a night.  Wanting to TALK to you between sets.  Being nice?

Its looking like I will probably end up only going to the Current Gallery Backlot show this week (Snails/Dan Deacon/Ed Schrader/Moss of Aura/OCDJ Alle Alle).

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5110 on: May 01, 2013, 01:39:45 pm »
on the upside joe is short, so he doesn't block anyone's view.
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5111 on: May 01, 2013, 01:44:06 pm »
Unless of course he's on the shoulders of a hot chick...
T.Rex

atomicfront

« Reply #5112 on: May 01, 2013, 01:46:42 pm »
Tuesday - Shout out Louds

killsaly

« Reply #5113 on: May 01, 2013, 03:54:00 pm »
I won tickets to Foals at 930 on Sunday. 

K8teebug

« Reply #5114 on: May 02, 2013, 08:30:00 am »
I won tickets to Foals at 930 on Sunday. 

awesome!  Should be a great show!